PDA

View Full Version : Got umbrella?

Lauren Richards
10-10-2005, 11:04 PM
Put on the micro tights and pads, corset and body shaper, then got dressed in my favorite black "business woman" short skirt and quickly put on some makeup and mascara. Then my wig, which needed a little brushing. Planned just to walk to the curb and take out the trash, but once there, kept going.

It was misting lightly, as it often does here in the Northwest, and in the early evening hours just past sunset, the umbrella kept my hair dry, and allowed me a little extra security. Walked facing traffic, and the umbrella was great when lowered to where I could see headlights, but not the windshield of on-coming traffic. Figured they could see me, but not all of my face. Bashful me.

Ended up walking ten blocks to the local supermarket, and walked thru the parking lot, then came back walking right past the entry doors. Anyone could have gone in, or come out. There were cars coming & going in the parking lot, and a man sitting on a bench right in front of the store. I spotted him too late to change direction without bringing attention to myself, and so I walked right past him as if I owned the sidewalk. I was walking on air, not concrete at that moment.

It is a long walk home when you get ten blocks away with no other way back but walking; and worth every step in my low heel 12W shoes. I love this time of year!

Lauren

windycissy
10-10-2005, 11:23 PM
What a great story! You have proven several things:

1. People don't expect to see a crossdresser with an umberlla, so they just assumed you were a woman.

2. The more female props you use to reinforce your "image", to better.

3. Because your face was semi-invisible, your confidence was soaring, which is the whole secret to successful passing.

Windy

Natalie x
10-11-2005, 12:07 AM
Yes, that's really great, Lauren. I felt like I was with you. Thanks for sharing, what's the next one?

Jonien
10-11-2005, 03:53 AM
next time go in the supermarket get a camera and take piccies he he :thumbup:
seriously it takes a lot of courage to just get out of the front door and you made it I'm proud of you well done

Stephanie Kay
10-11-2005, 04:33 AM
Terrific adventure, Lauren. Nothing like a nice girlie umbrella. Accessories are important!! You are setting good examples for the rest of us! Thanks!;)

Wendy me
10-11-2005, 06:16 AM
veary nice that just off and do it thingy so works well .. good for you....

Marlena Dahlstrom
10-11-2005, 11:34 AM
You go girl! :cheer: Sounds like you had a great time.

Because your face was semi-invisible, your confidence was soaring, which is the whole secret to successful passing.

Confidence does make all the difference. And obscuring your face really can help boost your confidence. Which is ironically I've found it's often easier to pass in full daylight because you can wear sunglasses.

(Lauren, sunglasses are special glasses to protect your eyes from that big bright thing in the sky called the sun, which really does exist, even in the Pacific NW. :p )

Part of it is that sunglasses help hide a male browline, but more importantly, they provide "psychic armor." Among other things, with your eyes and natural hair covered (by a wig), you're virtually unrecognizable (which is why celebrities do the sunglasses and baseball cap thing).

Lauren Richards
10-13-2005, 08:25 PM
Thanks, girls. Yes, it is a confidence booster to be able to walk around and blend in with the surroundings. I like to be out (in both ways) and about from time-to-time, so blending is important. Will have to try those sunglasses some day, too. Probably not much need for them up here in the NW for a while.

Not sure what I'll be doing next. I'll wait until later to decide. Perhaps slip into girly mode for another walk around, or perhaps slide behind the wheel and get some gas for my car. Always something to do...somewhere to go..someone to be.

Take care out there, and have fun!

Lauren