PDA

View Full Version : so angry with a friend atm.....

kynw08
08-17-2011, 04:08 AM
Don't post a lot but need a place to vent atm.

I'm here in Key West with a friend(female, nothing romantic). I know she's kind of flakey, and I know, even here, I'm not comfortable going out for the first time alone with no backup. So I left all kyndal's things at home and got it out of my mind that I would dress for my first trip here.

Yesterday she pipes up and wants to know if I will go to the drag show with her Wednesday night. I tell her sure, and joke I should have brought my things. She tells me "oh, if you'll go dressed, We can go find a wig and shoes tomorrow and you can borrow clothes(we wear the same sizes usually)". I let myself get excited and wound up to go....

Tonight, she comes back in the hotel and informs me she's going to the bar with her new buddies tomorrow, I'll be gone all thursday, and we're leaving friday. I'm furious she flaked on me, in my heart of hearts I knew it was a pipe dream. She's done nothing but sit in the hotel and wine because he had a hangover today anyway.

What REALLY PISSES ME OFF, she sat outside for several hours talking to her new friend, and essentially made fun of me. She used my crossdressing to make him laugh, joking that they where going to use me to embarrass one of is co-workers.

I am LIVID. It's going to be a long trip back to TX come friday....

Don't suppose any of the key west gurls post on here huh?

joanna4
08-17-2011, 04:31 AM
What REALLY PISSES ME OFF, she sat outside for several hours talking to her new friend, and essentially made fun of me. She used my crossdressing to make him laugh, joking that they where going to use me to embarrass one of is co-workers.

That pisses me off.

please vent. I'm so sorry to hear that.

kynw08
08-17-2011, 04:33 AM
It wouldn't have made me so angry if it hadn't been accompanied by the blow off. I can take a joke, especially somewhere like key west, but the double tap pushed me over the edge.

I can turn the other cheek, but you only get one slap per cheek.....

Jeanna
08-17-2011, 04:34 AM
You need to pick your friends more wisely.

prene
08-17-2011, 04:36 AM
sorry,

I guess she is not flakey but just insensitive.

Flakey is forgetting or double booking, feeling sorry ..... being flakey.

Good luck and I hope it is a safe trip.

I have been there.

Kaitlyn26
08-17-2011, 04:40 AM
You need to pick your friends more wisely.

kynw08
08-17-2011, 05:03 AM
This girl has always been kind of odd, but she's never done anything like this to me before. I dunno.....I'm just pissed off atm.

I do get to look forward to a second dive trip to key largo thursday, including a night dive.

Vicky_Scot
08-17-2011, 05:38 AM
Sorry but thats not what friends do. So she is not a friend.

Jay Cee
08-17-2011, 05:57 AM
Pretty much what most others are saying. I'd downgrade her to "very occasional acquaintance", and find other folks to hang out with.

Violetgray
08-17-2011, 06:48 AM
I hope that you let you know that she's hurt you. I don't think you're really going to find closure unless you let her know why you are upset. Perhaps a letter or something..

ESPECIALLY considering how she just decided to out you to someone without your permission..

Nicole Erin
08-17-2011, 07:06 AM
This is plain nasty.
I know for a lot of TG who are still closeted, it often happens that "firsts" get interrupted by things like this or whatever coming up.

Bad enough she thought it was OK to use you as a joke to some SOB she just met but the worst part is her getting your hopes up.

Joanna41
08-17-2011, 07:16 AM
How long have you known this so called friend? Seems to me that if she did that with you there she has done it before without you being present. For her to do and say what she did, not only would that piss me off but I would have likely left back to Texas to finish off the vacation and let her new found friend deal with her. Friends don't hang other friends personal business out there like that...traveling back to Texas alone would have givin her plenty of time to think about how she treated you. Dump her as a friend is what I would have done...people don't need friends like that...good luck

Joanna

Shelly Preston
08-17-2011, 07:21 AM
I would suggest you talk to her properly

She seems to think crossdressing is some kind of game

You oneed to let her know that its part of you and to be made fun of can and is extremely hurtful

Only then can you decide is she is worth keeping as a friend

Diane Elizabeth
08-17-2011, 07:44 AM
Sorry to hear of how your friend treated you. Friends don't turn on friends (no matter how flaky). I doubt any conversation with her will wake her up to what fdamage she has done to you. Just go out and make new friends and forget her.

Donna

Cynthia Anne
08-17-2011, 08:20 AM
I've got better friends that I will never meet than that! As the song say,' you find out who your friends are'! And you just found out who is not your friend! Have a safe trip back! Here's a hug from a friend!:hugs:

kimdl93
08-17-2011, 08:27 AM
I hope that you let you know that she's hurt you. I don't think you're really going to find closure unless you let her know why you are upset. Perhaps a letter or something..

ESPECIALLY considering how she just decided to out you to someone without your permission..

I agree with Violet. She was incredibly insensitive and at the very least you have the right to tell her how she's hurt you by her actions.

Natalee
08-17-2011, 08:44 AM
Yup. She was intentionally emotionally abusive to you in front of a stranger; with an intimate personal detail held in trust.

Keep civil; and just distance yourself from her ASAP. Sure it's nice having girls to go out with; but she is not a "friend" by ANY definition of the word.

Sorry you had to go through this; but at least she showed her true belittling self away from your REAL family and friends.

kynw08
08-17-2011, 09:11 AM
I will say that I DON'T care she outed me to him, I've pretty well set my head to it that I'm not going to hide it when I'm not at home. It's the fact she did it making fun of me...

She knows I'm mad btw. I've spoken a half dozen words to her this morning in English, and have been muttering to myself in Spanish, which I tend to do when I'm angry anyway(I'm as gringo as they come, but lived in Costa Rica for a while and speak quite fluently, it's such a pretty language to get pissed off in....)

Badtranny
08-17-2011, 09:20 AM
The easy answer is; find a new friend. Unfortunately we often end up with the friends we deserve.

The hard answer is; stop being so ashamed of who you are. You don't have to come out to everyone but the people you do come out to should become aware of ALL of you. She treats your CDing like a joke because that's how you treat it. Please accept yourself and be proud of your freak flag because cross dressing is supposed to be fun instead of terrifying. People will pick up on how you feel and take their cues from that. Positive people are attracted to other positive people and it will be very difficult for you to be who you really are as long as you're hiding from this deep dark secret.

Open the window sweetie and let some air and light in. You have nothing to be ashamed of.

Loni
08-17-2011, 09:46 AM
this "lady" is not a friend.

you must remove her from your life. maybe you could just forget her and go home and then tell her it is too far to drive back so she should get on a bus.

NO friend would make fun of you to another, we can all use a good laugh at times but to hurt another is just not right. dump this broad and get on with life with real friends.

Kaitlyn26
08-17-2011, 09:52 AM
Pretty much what most others are saying. I'd downgrade her to "very occasional acquaintance", and find other folks to hang out with.

I'd downgrade her to retarded moron and pepper spray her next time she comes around. What an insensitive little.....

Wendy_Marie
08-17-2011, 10:05 AM
I'm sorry that your Ummm "Friend" Flaked out on you....to be honest I think the terms friend and flake may be to nice a descriptor here.

Chickhe
08-17-2011, 12:28 PM
I had some old friends that were like that when I was young... plans always works out if it was their idea, but almost never when I wanted to do something. Later in life I helped the same friend work on his house and when I needed help they always had a reason no to show up. You don't need these types of 'users' in your life. Just stop interacting with them and find some new friends you enjoy being around.