PDA

View Full Version : JE Hoover

5150 Girl
08-17-2011, 12:23 PM
Yesterday in histery class, I had a heads up that we would be discussing J. Edgar Hoover and his persuit of the comunist menace... Anywho, I thought, Hmmm,,, Hooover day,, A good day to go all out. Yes, I've been to class fully dressed before, but ususly I go andoginous, kind of an 80's hair metal look.
Yesterday was a black silk blouse with a black skirt with a flowing sheer cover thing on it, 5 in satin and lace stilettos.
Anywho, the proff is speaking of comunists beeing difacult to find and identify, and asks why we (the class) thiks that is.... I put up my hand and proclaim, "Because they're in the closet about it"... and the proff thinks a second and says, yea..... that's one way to put it... And I quickly add,,, and so was Hoover.... then he says, there was no concrete evidence on way or the ohter that he was a crossdresser, but he was known to do some odd things...

kimdl93
08-17-2011, 12:30 PM
actually, there is some pretty compelling evidence and reliable eye witnesses that attest to J Edgar's crossdressing. What was frustrating about Hoover is that he saw communist threats - both real and imagined - and used the excuse to violate the rights and privacy of untold numbers of people and used the information to maintain his power through six Presidencies. He even tapped Joe Namath's phone for gods sake. But he denied the existence of organized crime. I suspect the mob had some fairly competlling evidence too.

See Gentry, R., J. Edgar Hoover, The Man and His Secrets, New York: Norton, 1991.

5150 Girl
08-17-2011, 12:42 PM
His political views aside, I'd like to see and forward the most compelling of the evidence to my proff.....
I just sent him an e-mail about how some of us have hidden this from our spouses for years, to further the case that if joe average with minimal recorces can hide from somone they live with, surely the director of the CIA could hide indefinately.

kimdl93
08-17-2011, 12:45 PM
there was a lengthy radio biography of a blacklisted Hollywood writer that aired on NPR quite a few years ago. The writer was pushed out of Hollywood for a long time, even went to the lengths of writing under psuedonyms. He recalled being at a party in the late 40's attended by J Edgar in drag along with his partner. Other guests were well-known members of organized crime. The story didn't come out until long after Hoover's death. I think people were that scared of him.

LilSissyStevie
08-17-2011, 02:32 PM
This story rears it's head now and then but it's not true. Here's the straight dope:

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2423/was-j-edgar-hoover-a-cross-dresser

5150 Girl
08-17-2011, 08:20 PM
I wish I had been in a position to take a pic of yesterday's outfit, but this is what I wore to class today....
JEH,,, EYHO

BLUE ORCHID
08-17-2011, 08:41 PM
That picture looks fantastic.

Orchid