PDA

View Full Version : hormone replacement therapy

lanell
08-17-2011, 03:28 PM
I have recenty in the past 3 months been on testosterone replacement therapy.
I found I have low test when prescribed I found my estrogen levels are high
so since I have been on a antiestrogen my will and need to be female disapeared,
well last week I discontinued the using the anti estrogen medication and my desire again was there and yes I am still on testosterone which doesnt affect it.
It is amazing how a drug "antiestrogen" can effect phycological desires one may have.
I choose to have those desires it makes me feel whole
Now if I could only go full time Hmmm well with a wife and kids that will never happen

mercterr
08-17-2011, 04:45 PM
Interesting. I found testosterone made my desire to dress go through the roof but I did not take anti estrogen meds. They just cut my testosterone in half because I was way too high and my desires dropped off.

kimdl93
08-17-2011, 04:53 PM
Why did you have your estrogen level tested? I don't think I've ever been tested for estrogen .

Melody Moore
08-17-2011, 07:16 PM
I am really confused here, first of all you are saying that you went on Testosterone & an Anti-oestrogen
and your desire to be a female disappeared. Now you have stopped taking the Anti-oestrogen and your
desire to be a female has returned? It certainly doesn't sound to me like you are a candidate to ever
transition because your motivation seems to be fuelled more by your testosterone than it does oestrogen!

And let me also add that being married with kids is no excuse not to transition if that is what you really want.
There are many transsexuals who stay married after they transition, then there are those who lose everything.
But many of those same people will also report how their lives have been enriched through transition & will also
report how much better off they are despite their loss - I am one of those people who's lives have been enriched
through transition.

During my life I have had about half a dozen long term relationships I had kids in 2 of those relationships to women
I was engaged to & living with for several years. I have also been married to another women who I never had kids
to. But the main point I am going to make here that as a transsexual who repressed my gender issues ultimately I
was not happy because I wasn't able to be my true self. And indirectly this affected my relationships to a point that
they never lasted. I have no idea about how old you & your kids are, but the one thing about GID it never gets any
better - if you do have GID then the condition will only get worse until you reach a crisis point where you realise that
there is no other way to deal with it, but to accept it and go with it.

If you have kids, then I also believe that it is easy to transition when they are younger, because now I have to deal
with adult aged kids who are having a hard time accepting it. I think if your kids are young, then they are able to get
use to you being a female, whereas if they have known you all their lives then you transition, then this can be very
hard for your kids to accept.

Also I must let you know that I was one of those people who also had periods where one minute I would have low
testosterone & high oestrogen levels and would show signs of feminisation, then my body would convert the oestrogen
to testosterone which also meant my body was also producing high levels of dihydrotestosterone which meant that I
experienced some rapid hair-loss problems - Male Pattern Baldness (MPB). But then when I finally bit the bullet about
my transsexual status and went and got help last year I then started to find out a lot more about my body than I ever
imagined - there was a good reason why my hormones were fluctuating so much - I was born intersex! Yes that is right
I was both male & female, but my female genitalia was removed in a surgical procedure when I was an infant & I was
never told about it. This is also another reason why I would like to know how old you are to find out if you were born
in that same era where they had a certain policy for dealing with intersex babies where they never revealed the truth.
You are welcome to contact me by private message if you would like to discuss any of these issues :hugs:

TGMarla
08-17-2011, 07:52 PM
Yeah, it's interesting, isn't it? Hormones dictate how we feel. And sometimes the results are a little confusing. I hear all these commercials about "low-T" and such, and I dismiss them summarily. I don't need any of that crap. I have no desire to increase my testosterone levels. I'm fine in that department anyway. I don't need any "erectile disfunction" (read: limp pee pee) drugs, either. I have every desire to woo my lover (wife), play 18 with the guys, and engage in the regular guy stuff. In fact, I think testosterone fuels my desire to dress. Funny, huh? The more "guy" I feel, the more I want to get girly. Although like many CDs, the sexual aspect of crossdressing has lessened in its intensity over the years, I'll never lie about its presence. Part of what I love about crossdressing is that it turns me on a great deal. I'm not saying that all my crossdressing sessions end in sex, but some of them do. And I don't need any help from drugs that boost my male hormones. I'm already Mr. Ever-Ready.....and my wife knows it. If I were to block my testosterone, I'd likely have less desire to dress.

Barbara Dugan
08-17-2011, 10:14 PM
I used to be testosterone for more than a year and to be honest I only felt its benefits for about a week during that time I was feeling like a diferent person like never before in my life..then everything started to change I started feeling more depressed and my blood pressure went up the roof had bouts of anxiety and panic, I used to cry very easy even at comercials I dont feel it made crosdress more or less...physically I noticed changes I started filling up my jeans more and my breast started to grow more, I noticed a very noticeable decrease in size on my genital area along with erectile disfunction..my doctor put me on the highest dose and still the side effects continued, finally it affected my prostate . I believe I never had normal testosterone levels in my life but I managed to be ok, honestly I dont want to be near it again

Loni
08-17-2011, 11:58 PM
i envy those of you that get to drop the t and get estrogen in to your systems. my Dr does not even want to talk about any of this.
asked about propecia for my hair and he said it would not grow hair and would only work to kill my liver.
my prostrate went sour so he and the cancer Dr only wanted to cut it out...not work with hormones first.

if only i could find a Dr in my area that would allow me to have said script's.

lanell
08-19-2011, 12:55 PM
I am on testosterone treatments for my health issues When your test is at a healthy level your colesteral, trigiserides and ldl's naturaly ballence also improving weightloss and labido.
other benifits are mmuch better concentration, improved memory and lots more energy but as one asked why an antiestrogenI have a high level of estrogen but also taking it increases the free testoserone in the system and that is where it really makes a difference.
and to answer anouther perons comment that kids and family is no excuse for transtition that is a load of crap My decision or sacrifice is why I have a wife of 19 years and solid stable relationship with my childeren.
believe me I wish i could tell my wife .
I did once watch a tv show real sex with my wife and that episode the wife made up her husband and the reversed roles, I got my wife drunk that night and we did that hoping it may stir interest but she weirded out by it and made it clear she wont do that again.
well it was worth the try.
but back to the subject at hand it was very surprising how the anti estrogen suppressed my disire to dress and be female.
I am not ready to lose that feeling

SweetIonis
08-19-2011, 11:07 PM
physically I noticed changes I started filling up my jeans more and my breast started to grow more

This maybe a stupid question, but testosterone can make your breasts grow? I thought estrogen and female hormones did that.

lanell
08-20-2011, 12:22 AM
interesting neutral answer but well choosen words thank you