PDA

View Full Version : When did you give yourself a girls name?

Elinor
08-30-2004, 02:06 AM
Well as a small child I would pretend I was a woman in a dress when in bed.
My mother put me in a red dress when around four or five. {I think beacuse I had nothing clean to wear]
I have been crossdressing at around 12.

It was not till I got a computer and went online and found people crossdressed like me that my feminine side was given a name Elinor. This was only about six years ago.
My crossdressing has become stronger and I no longer feel guilt [but it's still a secret] I found searching for info and sites like this have been of help.
The new generation of crossderssers perhaps will have more info and encouragement in naming themselves with a female name to go with their feminine side earlier than in the past.
Anyway I'm 54 and have been Elinor for only six of them.
How about you girls? :p

jeanette
08-30-2004, 02:34 AM
about 8 years ago it is my wifes middle name she asked if i would l like to use it i probably would not have chosen that name but i use it with pride for all the support and help she has given, she is also my best girlfriend if it was not for her i would not be the complete person i am today
:) :) :)

jeanette

eleventhdr
08-30-2004, 03:01 AM
I did finally give myself a femm name when I at long last discovered that I was femm inside and then sought out help to get myself clear as to who and what I truly was!.

Anne Charlotte
08-30-2004, 03:39 AM
My ex-girlfriend gave me my name, she was 21 years older than me, and really helped me come to terms with myself. It is an abbreviation of my middle male name (Andrew). The Charlotte bit is new, to reflect my recent "re-birth".

Funnily enough, just last night I was thinking of my childhood, and I remembered that I had worn a green velvet dress of my sisters for a school play when I was 10 years old....exhilirating then, and now !

Julie
08-30-2004, 03:44 AM
I never used a girl's name growing up. I identified with girls but never thought of renaming myself in the feminine. After I got married my wife first named me Buffy after one of the characters (played by Tom Hanks) on Bosom Buddies. After a while I thought it would be better to use a less comical name so I chose Leslie but it didn't seem like me.

I later joined Tri-Ess and settled on Julie. Now it seems perfectly natural to refer to myself that way. There are many times I say to myself, "Julie, that was ...." Or "Jules, what were you thinking?" etc.

Glenda
08-30-2004, 05:29 AM
After my divorce I had a lot of friends wives and girlfriends spending a lot of time at my home. They were all real comfortable with me (plus I had a pool) so on any particular day I might have between 1 to 5 females visiting. It got to where I was included in everything they were doing and they, as a group, would often refer to me as Glenda, a feminization of my given name Glen.

After my sons finished school, I moved from the suburbs to the inner city and met a lot of new friends. Again primarily women and a large number of lesbians. Many of them also called me Glenda. Some all the time and some occasionally. It was at this time that I began to realize that I was really attracted to my feminine side and began painting my toe nails and my crossdressing life began.

It has continually progressed from there and I feel more comfortable with it as time goes by. I guess I didn't choose my name. It evolved. Glenda had always been there. I just didn't know it.

ChristineRenee
08-30-2004, 08:28 AM
I am almost 53 now and have been crossdressing since the age of 12. About 13 years ago when I first went through therapy to try to figure out why I was the way I was, I felt that I needed to define this "person" inside of me that was such a large part of who I felt that I was. Thus, she became "Christine", largely after the movie and book of the same name by Stephen King about a 1958 Plymouth Fury (named Christine by her owner) who possesses the soul of anyone who owns her. I use the middle name Renee because that is the name my mother would have named me if I had been born a girl. If she had only known, eh?

Not quite as "bad to the bone" as her namesake, but shares some similar attributes such as a love for 1950's rock and roll music and the ability to "bounce back" good as new from adversity. The name just seemed to be a good fit for this very unique person...and personality...that I am.

I liked the name so much I named my car, a 1997 Pontiac Sunfire, "Christine Too"!

Hugs,
Christine Renee

Julie
08-30-2004, 09:51 AM
I've called myself Julie for some years now (Julietta is only because when registering Julie was already being used), there was a really nice girl I used to know named Julie and this is the name I adopted because I thought she was a good role model to follow. :p

GraceUSA
08-30-2004, 10:49 AM
I came up with grace about a month ago when I was thinking about starting a online journal. Thought it would be easier for others to relate if I used a girls name instead of one of normal handles. It is my late grandmother’s name that I have a very striking resemblance to.

But I'm waffling some and I'm thinking about using my real name since that is still who I identify with.

Olesha
08-30-2004, 11:43 AM
Olesha is the name of a very lovely lady who understands my needs. When I joined this site it hadn't crossed my mind to have a female name. But its nice and I like it.

Jennifer_Ph
08-30-2004, 12:03 PM
Although I have been crossdressing for 20 years I didn't give myself a fem name until about 5 years ago when I stepped out of the closet and had my first makeover. Jennifer is my favorite girls name so that's what I went with. I had no idea it was so popular in the CD world. I could have gone with Michelle since my male name is Mike but I thought everyone would have that name. Oh well. Live and learn!

nicola_j
08-30-2004, 01:24 PM
I didn't have a femm name until I signed up here, Nicola is the name of a very attractive GG friend of mine. I love having a femm name as it really helps me get in touch the woman inside of me when I dress.

xx

carolynhcd
08-30-2004, 01:45 PM
I took my name from a lovely GG who lived in the apartment below mine in San Francisco. We had a brief physical relationship and parted as good friends when she moved. This was my first apartment in SF and so I finally started buying my own clothes instead of sneaking my namesake's panties for a few minutes in the bathroom. You all know how it is when that dam finally breaks: you just want to rush out and shop for days, buying all the pretty things you have craved so desperately. Well, I did and luckily lived where there were fabulous stores like Parklane hosiery and being SF nobody cared or judged. Love to you all, Carolyn

Tristen Cox
08-30-2004, 01:56 PM
I was 17 and the year was 1992. I chose a name cause to me having another personality meant I'd have to call her something right? I liked Lora as this was a girl I knew in school that was fond of me. When I last recovered from purging three years ago, my rebirth also needed a name change(unlike anyone and) as original and real as I could come up with. And this was the name I chose to embody my female persona.

Tristen Cox

Amelie
08-30-2004, 02:43 PM
Sometimes something just hits me, Usually when I'm watching TV or a movie. I was watching the Munsters when I saw Lily Munster and thought, Hey Lily would make a great name. But I quickly bored of that name. Then I saw the movie Amelie de Montmarte, I feel in love with the name and Audrey Tautou. Now the name sticks, I won't change. I guess that would have been about two years ago when I saw the movie.

Love Amelie

nuffsaid
08-30-2004, 06:44 PM
Hi. Told you my story here.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1567