PDA

View Full Version : Aaaah... NO..!

Intertwined
08-18-2011, 01:45 AM
I am in Lowe's the other day, picking up some stuff for a project, I am standing at the battery center when a Store Assistant walks up to me, apparenlty noticing my little black purse, and asks "Are you looking for your wife?".

At this point, I look down at my skirt and shoes, staring at them for a momment, cocking my head, looking back up at her and say " Aaaah... NO..! " she then gets a big grin on her face, says "o.k. then" and walks away looking a little bewildered.

Keep in mind, I am bald (usually) I hadn't shaved my head or face for a couple of days, so I have this short gray fuzz going on at the time.

I happen to be wearing the Exact outfit that is my Profile picture now...

ReineD
08-18-2011, 02:03 AM
Intertwined I do admire your courage in presenting in a way that reflects who you are. I also think you do this tastefully. But, are you surprised when the unknowing public has mixed reactions?

It wasn't too long ago when the bearded lady was a favorite attraction at circus freak shows and I think we've come a long way since then. But, we still have far to go. It would be nice if our school children were taught a more comprehensive understanding of gender and sexual variance. But, this isn't happening.

Do you become impatient when people don't understand right away who you are?

Jorja
08-18-2011, 04:53 AM
I do admire your courage to dress as you like. You seem to enjoy it and that is what matters. Store assistants and restaurant host/hostesses are cut from the same cloth I think. You walk in to a restaurant, the only person waiting to be seated and they ask, how many?
Reine, I do agree it would be good if our school children were taught a more comprehensive understanding of gender and sexual variance. On that note, I see where the schools locally here are going to be teaching sex education again in an effort to stop pregnancy. From what I saw at graduation this past May, I think they already have those lessons learned. More than half of the girls in the senior class were pregnant.

ReineD
08-18-2011, 10:45 AM
I read my post again, and I just want to say that it sounds awful! I'm sorry. I certainly don't compare you to bearded ladies circus acts.

I wanted to illustrate how certain things that used to be considered freakish to the point of being a sensation, are no longer thought of this way. Another example: I think a man wearing a dress might even have been arrested during the 50s and certainly would have been treated with a great deal more derision than today.

And I also wanted to point out that although most people today have moved beyond total shock and they do react politely when they see someone who transcends gender norms, transgenders (especially those who overtly combine female and male attributes) are still not part of the mainstream so it is not surprising that some people might express surprise when dealing with you?

Inna
08-18-2011, 11:56 AM
I happen to be wearing the Exact outfit that is my Profile picture now...

Let me first say I love and admire your strength in being your self!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HOWEVER :) looking at your avatar (thanks for finally posting its awesome ) I notice not only the usual feminine attire but also, confusingly enough, large set of female anatomy, mainly breasts????????????????????

I have read several of your posts in the past and understood your desire to present your masculinity draped in feminine cloth to point, illustrate, and in your face attitude of a true persona confident of your own self. Looking at the avatar I no longer see such, but find my self looking for clues and asking the question why the breasts, where are you going with that, did anything change??????????????????????????????????

As an artist my self, I do understand controversy and always seek the deeper and higher understanding, you never failed to provide with intriguing intellect and forceful interpretation of freedom of self expression! Love ya.

Cynthia Anne
08-18-2011, 12:03 PM
Great look! I admire you! Live longer by being yourself! Hugs!

drag n fly
08-18-2011, 12:11 PM
Yes Intertwined..You and I share looks..I have a bald tattooed head, and if I were to go en femme publicly, I would do it bald...I see bald as intersex...and sexy..I admire your audacity..smooches Jackie

Intertwined
08-20-2011, 10:17 PM
But, are you surprised when the unknowing public has mixed reactions?

Do you become impatient when people don't understand right away who you are?

As my wife says, I am a " Drama Queen ", so I am not only NOT suprised by the mixed reactions, I enjoy the attention.. LOL

I read my post again, and I just want to say that it sounds awful! I'm sorry. I certainly don't compare you to bearded ladies circus acts.

:laughing: Actually, I would love to grow a beard, I have tried, unfortunetly, being XXY, my facial hair grows in like one of those cats you may have seen that is missing splotches of hair, I even took 2nd place in the category of "worst beard" in our beard growing contest on the Submarine I served on... No offence taken ;)

Reine, I do agree it would be good if our school children were taught a more comprehensive understanding of gender and sexual variance.

Jorja, Very interesting you say that. I am a school bus driver, and I learned this summer that one of our High Schools has a "Gay-Straight-Alliance" GSA club, this is a snippet from their website "Also to function as a support group and provide safety and confidentiality to students who are struggling with their identity as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, or questioning. In addition to support, the GSA will work on educating themselves and the broader school community about sexual orientation and gender identity issues."

Let me first say I love and admire your strength in being your self!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HOWEVER :) looking at your avatar (thanks for finally posting its awesome ) I notice not only the usual feminine attire but also, confusingly enough, large set of female anatomy, mainly breasts????????????????????

I don't normally wear pull over shirts, and when I do, they are loose fitting, this is because I have gynecomastia (joys of XXY) I have professionally been measured at a 40C. My HMO Doc has asked if I am interested in breast reduction, for personal reasons I have said no. Now he is suggesting a mammogram :sad:

Erika_bagels
08-20-2011, 10:26 PM
I work at the sub base! You used to be a submariner? That's awesome. By the way I love your story. That took some balls to pull off, if you'll allow the expression.
How did you come to find out you're XXY? I mean, I have a crappy, patchy beard, half of it peach fuzz, and moobs, but I don't think that means anything on my end...

Intertwined
08-20-2011, 10:38 PM
I work at the sub base! You used to be a submariner? That's awesome. By the way I love your story. That took some balls to pull off, if you'll allow the expression.
How did you come to find out you're XXY? I mean, I have a crappy, patchy beard, half of it peach fuzz, and moobs, but I don't think that means anything on my end...

Sonar Tech on SSN754, yep.. I'm a bubblehead..

My doctor for years has been testing me trying to find causes to various conditions I have, when Klinefelters was suggested, we read the list of possible symptoms, when my wife got done reading the list she asked "where does it say See Marshall I actually broke out in tears because, It explained questions that I had about my life all the way back to Kindergarten. I was put through Kindergarten twice because it was thougt my verbal skills were not up to 1st grade, this being one of the earliest signs of Klinefelters.

Nicole Erin
08-20-2011, 10:51 PM
She should have asked if she could help you find a specific battery or whatever...
When she asked if you were looking for your wife you could have said - Yeah I tried to find one at Menard's but they are too expensive" and then asked if the carried wives and what the return policy was....

Erika_bagels
08-20-2011, 10:51 PM
Wowza. I'm glad it got diagnosed, I mean that's the first step towards fixing anything bad that might come up. Tell that doctor he can keep his breast reduction for some other gal.
I'm an IT working in the command building on base. Yeah. A skimmer on a subase.

I think my moobs are just from galley food and home-baked bread.

Intertwined
08-20-2011, 10:57 PM
Wowza. I'm glad it got diagnosed.

You wanna know the real kicker... My doctor did not figure it out, I was talking with a bunch of High School kids, somehow we got on the subject of doctors, and I just mentioned that my doctor had just run another test on me, they asked for what, I rattle off a bunch of symptoms, and they said "gosh, you sound almost like you have Klinefelters" they had just reviewed that in there medical class, this particular group goes to a hospital and Works like interns learning the medical field.

Intertwined
08-21-2011, 10:26 AM
I would like to appologize if I missled anyone.

I get the feeling that some have thought I was angry or miffed at the SA, when I said " Aaaah... NO..! "

Quite the contrary, I had looked down at my skirt, made a funny face, looked back up at her and said "Aaaah... NO..!" with my eyebrows raised high, and a big grin on my face.

Without saying it, trying to convey, you noticed the purse, but didn't notice the skirt and heels?

But then again, I could be complete wrong, she may have (thinking back, probably did) see it all, and might have assumed that me being enfemme, just standing at a battery rack, that my wife was in the store getting items, I can't recall when I entered the store if I walked in near a Lady...

Again my appologies to you, and the SA...