PDA

View Full Version : Not your first, but your favorite

Brown Eyed Girl
08-18-2011, 07:34 AM
There have been lots of great replies to what was your first article of women's clothing you wore, and like many, it was my mom's stuff. Usually white, usually something simple, but so memorable.

But what was your first favorite item? It was not until I was a little older (and bolder I guess), that I tried on my best friend's older sister's matching bra and panties. They were always left drying in the bathroom or some other convenient place.

I was probably 10-11 years old at the time. What made it special was that they were light blue and had a small embroidered pink rose on the center of the bra and panties. Moving into the world of color from a white lingerie world was amazing. And wearing lingerie that actually fit perfectly back then was the best. Visiting my friend's house was a target rich environment. (And yes, I have my own things now.)

Karren H
08-18-2011, 07:48 AM
My favorite is when a friend lent me her wedding dress

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n175/karrenhutton/Wedding%20Dress/wed1.jpg

http://m112.photobucket.com/albums/karrenhutton/Wedding%20Dress/?pbauth=1_uLEBonVPfaLdh1h3YMYz2caNbDT6JuAri6A%2FaH B8JNqpsZcn3ZcxEPHmboGw1KXWTNtooBSIAXaA22l179mzuqHw KhrGT2nzsz4QYKflc7tsvYcz1Hbqw6cnvUZSYKpPMHtp30dJGt Z98PCnSIuaXmC94e76ZJmziK1EUemq32c%3D

Vieja
08-18-2011, 08:29 AM
HI B.E.G. Isn't it interesting how much difference a touch of color makes. In the past all of my lingerie was boring white or moonlight mist or other boring shades. Now Vanity Fair has come out with three pairs of pastel

colored panties and I immediately ordered some. Maybe too many. Naah, there is no such thing as too many panties.

Vieja

Wendy_Marie
08-18-2011, 09:39 AM
Mine was a favorite pair of black strqappy high heeled sandals...They weren't extreme probably 3 1/2 to 4" in height...but they fit very well and were the first pair of heels I ever spent any significant amount of time in.

Cynthia Anne
08-18-2011, 10:09 AM
I had a pair of four inch heels that I loved to there death!

sissystephanie
08-18-2011, 10:35 AM
I guess my favorite piece of feminine clothing was a pair of satin panties! I now am the proud owner of at least 100 pair of satin panties, in every color you can think of plus a few white ones!! As Vieja said, there is no such thing as too many panties! Except when you are trying to decide which ones to wear!! I probably own somewhere between 3 and 400 hundred pairs of panties. But then, I do sometimes wear more than one pair in a day!!

Autumndawn
08-18-2011, 10:53 AM
Two items for me. A black knee length pencil skirt that zipped up the back, and later a pair of black suede 3" heeled ankle boots with side zips. LOL, I got a lot of compliments on my legs with both! : )

KandisTX
08-18-2011, 11:06 AM
My favorite has always been full body briefer. Ever since I stepped into that first one and pulled those straps up over my shoulders, feeling that spandex/satin tightness holding my whole torso tightly. I have been in love with body briefers. I am always looking for new colors and styles to wear.

Alice B
08-18-2011, 11:07 AM
Interesting question. Of course I love wearing heels. Love wearing a wig. Love the clothing and make up. But, I am not complete until I wear my forms and the feeling that goes with them in a bra or attached directly to my skin. So they have to be my #1 item.

UNDERDRESSER
08-18-2011, 11:20 AM
I do prefer colored panties, my favorites are yellow or gold, but I tend to stick to black, as I can pass them off as men's in the locker room.

Cristi
08-18-2011, 11:21 AM
My favorite was probably the first complete outfit I managed to put together when I was still a teen.

After the occasional skirt or pair of panties, I eventually collected everything I needed to fully dress, and even after all these years I think I put together a pretty nice outfit.

It started with matching bra/panties under sheer stockings, then was finished off with a knee-length pleated green tartan skirt and a white blouse that was just thin enough that I could see some outline of the bra through it. All of this was finished off with a pair of 'Mary Janes' and a bit of jewelry.

That outfit went away the only time I ever purged (when I thought I was 'done' with crossdressing after getting married). All I have left of it is memories, no photos.

Looking back now, I suspect that with the long hair I had and my build at the time I was probably passable... but I was too nervous to even try back then.

"Runner up" outfit, as with Karen, has to be my wedding dress. I found it at a thrift store, full of lace and bead work and wore it with a very full petticoat. A few years ago, I wore it (with white heels and pantyhose) for over 6 hours out on the town one halloween, then another 3-4 hours at a party. Taking it off at the end of that day was very difficult :(

kathrynt21
08-18-2011, 11:22 AM
My first fave items were an orange mini skirt with a small checked pattern and an orange sleeveless knit sweater. It was my sisters. Putting that on and just sitting on the side of the bed was the most comforting thing I could do at that time. It just felt SO right!

Brown Eyed Girl
08-18-2011, 02:12 PM
My first fave items were an orange mini skirt with a small checked pattern and an orange sleeveless knit sweater. It was my sisters. Putting that on and just sitting on the side of the bed was the most comforting thing I could do at that time. It just felt SO right!

And it looks like you still love orange!!

5150 Girl
08-18-2011, 02:27 PM
A denum dress. I wore the snot out of that thing, and I still have it, although it has become 2 sizes to big for me now.

5150 Girl
08-18-2011, 02:35 PM
A denum dress. I wore the snot out of that thing, and I still have it, although it has become 2 sizes to big for me now.

TGMarla
08-18-2011, 02:42 PM
I have a lot of "favorites", items that I'd hate to do without. But my absolute favorite is my beige pointelle sweater dress. When I wear it, I'm just steeped in femininity, and I absolutely love it. I've never seen another quite like it, and I'll probably never have another even close to it. I just wish I had the perfect figure to wear it all the time. Ah, well....I'm working on it! :battingeyelashes:

Frédérique
08-18-2011, 03:39 PM
But what was your first favorite item?

My first favorite item was a plaid (tartan) skirt made by Michelle. I found it on the first shopping excursion for my femme self, just hanging there in the Miss’s section, waiting for me to come along. I wore this skirt everywhere because it fit well and moved just-so – I think the numerous pleats were sewn down somewhat. It was about 23” in length, a rayon blend, red plus green in color but reading as red from a distance. I really loved it; in fact I would call it “Michelle,” as if I was in the company of a dear friend...

I wish I had a photo of it, but it's just a memory now...:sad:

kimdl93
08-18-2011, 04:38 PM
Interesting question. Of course I love wearing heels. Love wearing a wig. Love the clothing and make up. But, I am not complete until I wear my forms and the feeling that goes with them in a bra or attached directly to my skin. So they have to be my #1 item.

My forms made me feel far more complete as a woman. Another item, my new favorite, one that really makes me feel confident is my new wig.

MichelleP
08-18-2011, 04:41 PM
A pair of tights my older sister gave me.

Maria 60
08-18-2011, 05:03 PM
I agree that i love when panties and bra have that rose or very lacy. For me something about the pattern on the lace on a slip drive's me crazy. On the weekend i went to a wedding and it was very hot, a woman in front of me was eating outside and i was behind her, she turned to her friend and said it's hot out here and she grabbed her skirt and lifted it up to her thigh. To my surprise she was wearing a slip that just isn't seen anymore. I couldn't stop looking at the lace on the bottom of the slip. My wife caught on to what i was looking at and said to me, you only like that because you love the way slips feel and they are very fem.

MsKimiko
08-18-2011, 05:23 PM
my absolute fave outfit ever was the little red dress i borrowed from a friend.. i felt so luxurious in it.

KylieA
08-18-2011, 06:45 PM
Mine have been shoes. First a pair black leather ankle boots lined with sheep fur from Aerosoles. They are in need of heel pad. Also Dansko heeled black leather clogs. I spent effort on both pairs repairing them to make them last longer. I shouldn't have any trouble replacing the Dansko. But the Aerosoles is a one off.

lingerieLiz
08-18-2011, 10:21 PM
My first complete set of matching lingerie, panties, panty girdle, bra and full slip all in a light powder blue. I repeated the experience several more times ncluding one time with the most luxurious lace set I've ever seen.

Another was a complete outfit, brown casmeire sweater, brown A line skirt, and beatiful yellow set of lingerie. Not only did I love the outfit I drove across the country wearing that outfit with a cute platinum wig. It was in the 60s so of course I had my skirt pulled up to show my slip. Those were the day.

Diane Smith
08-19-2011, 12:25 AM
When my mother's aunt died in 1978, mom acquired her wardrobe. Most of the clothes were too big for mom, but she couldn't bring herself to give them away, so they hung unused in a basement closet for a long time. I appropriated a lovely purple knit dress with an asymmetrical hemline and ruched bodice from that collection and wore it, off and on, for at least ten years. I finally got rid of it because it was literally wearing out, but if I could find another one like it today, I'd buy it in a second. Aunt Emma Jane had fine taste in clothes and it really didn't matter that she was of my grandparents' generation; her stuff was timeless and classic, and fit me better than my mom's clothes did.

- Diane

dominique
08-19-2011, 05:04 AM
Well I've got a couple of favs. The first one was lovely black top, grey skirt and grey tights with spots on them, they were my staple clothes when growing up. But my all time was a purple and black top, mid length black velvet skirt and black tights, writing this I've got a nice warm glow.

sometimes_miss
08-19-2011, 07:13 AM
When young, I enjoyed all three outfits equally; schoolgirl, cheerleader, and the sailor girl dress. So it was probably more just getting to wear what I thought I was supposed to at that point. The first time I had a 'favorite' was when I was 14; my older sister had stopped wearing a cute very short dress because it was the style of the previous year, and it was put into storage in our attic. I noticed it missing from her closet, and sort of knew where it wound up. I made it my own; it was a Quiana (trade name for a sliky nylon material that was cool to the touch) mini dress which zipped up the back, clinging to my body but not feeling tight. With panties, pantyhose, bra, and slip, as well as my shoulder length hair and no beard yet, I was as close to being passable as I ever would be. I still remember that dress, and how pretty I felt wearing it.

billie earls
08-19-2011, 08:19 AM
My first pair of panty's were white granny panty's and they still are my favorites along with a full slip. I have had many different panty's but the white granny ones are always there.

Jenniferpl
08-19-2011, 10:03 AM
There have been many items that I have loved over the years. I would say any underwear with color other than white. Second would be my breast forms and the way they make look and feel about myself. Also there will always be those 4" heels.

LoriAnn_CD
08-19-2011, 10:55 AM
My first fav would have to be a mini fit and flare dress of my sisters. The bodice fit a bit tight and the skirt flared out, very fem. I wore it with a matching bra and panty - pink. It was an outfit i often turned to when home alone. Since that time I would have to say my wig and makeup. It takes me far beyond a guy in a dress.
Love to all
LoriAnn

VioletJourney
08-19-2011, 10:57 AM
My little red flats. I still love those things.

Billie Jean
08-19-2011, 11:02 AM
Mine right now would be the leggings I got at Walmart last night. They look so good with my wedge sandals and denim mini skirt. I might just go to the Lipstick Lounge saturday so I can wear them somewhere. Billie Jean

amots49
08-20-2011, 01:38 AM
mine was a white satin full slip that my mine had stuffed in her goodwill bag. It was so pretty and feminine, and i had many a good night sleep in it!

Christineblake113
08-20-2011, 12:03 PM
Mine was a French Maid uniform from LD Fashions. Classic black satin with white lace trim, short hem and short puffy sleeves. Cost me a lot of money back in the 90's before the internet was a big thing so I had to get it old-school mail order. It had been custom made to my size and fit perfectly. The satin was good quality and very comfortable. I'd often wear it on the weekends with some black patent pumps with 3-1/2" heels while cleaning my apartment.

I got rid of the uniform, heels, and my few other items in a purge a few years later when a girlfriend moved in with me, thinking that I was done with dressing up. Of course I was wrong.

Christine

t-girlxsophie
08-20-2011, 01:30 PM
My first favourite was my cousins cream silk tieneck blouse and black pencil skirt,only had it on fleetingly but memory stayed with me and love wearing that type of outfit now

My favourite item of my own was my first outfit I ever wore out it was a strappy red/black floral frilled dress and black sparkly cardi,I still have it but expanding waistline means I havent wore it for ages,one day though

Sophie

NicoleScott
08-20-2011, 02:15 PM
Before I ever heard of the word "fetish", I knew I had one (well, two) for high heels and lipstick. Not surprising, then, my favorite items were 1) a pair of dark brown wood six inch heels with about a one inch sole. They had a criss-cross black satin vamp and black satin ankle ties. Very high and sexy, and very comfortable to wear and walk in. Lost in a purge long ago. Dadgummit. 2) six inch cork wedge heels with a 1-1/2 platform, black velvet. High and sexy, but again, easy to walk in. Still have them, still love them. 3) Now discontinued, Loreal True Cherry lipstick. Deep red, more bluish red than true red (bluer than Revlon Certainly Red, and darker that Revlon Cherries in the Snow). I loved that color.
...these are a few of my favorite things....

adrienner99
08-20-2011, 02:54 PM
A LONG time ago, when I was about 15 my youngish stepmother was a bridesmaid.I wore the outfit more than she did. At first it was just the dress....a strapless, pink satin gown with a nipped waist and tea-length skirt. Then one day when I was certain my mohter was long gone, I put on the whole outfit...the dress, the crinoline, the white satin pumps with three-inch heels, the matching short, white gloves, and a pearl choker. I put on her pink lipstick and sprayed on way too much perfume. Then I put on a lovely straw hat with a pink bow in it, looked in the mirror--and saw my stepmother staring back at me.

You can probably imagine the ocean of feelings that took control of me. I would tell you what happend next, but I have spent years trying forget her horrible words. But the outfit was lovely.

adrienner99
08-20-2011, 02:56 PM
Nicole--since we share the same fetishes...you might enjoy este lauder's Divine Red lipstick. I adore the shades you mentioned but never got to wear Loreal's True Cherry....

Jorja
08-20-2011, 08:02 PM
I would have to say my very first new (not second hand) evening gown. It was a John Galliano bought for a charity ball. I still have it but have not worn it in several years now.

Rebecca W.
08-21-2011, 05:49 AM
Mine was a short black dress with white polka dots on it. I wore it with nice tan stockings and high heels, it was so pretty. Unfortunately, I could no longer fit into it:sad:
You never forget a favorite dress.

Sarah Doepner
08-22-2011, 04:07 PM
There was a blue mini dress I found in the wardrobe that stood in the basement room I had for the summer I was sent to stay with my dad because my mother discovered I'd been wearing her things. That dress still has a place in my heart. The first pair of heels I wore that fit comfortably is mighty high on that list as well.

eluuzion
08-23-2011, 01:20 AM
Mine was/is no doubt thigh-highs, nude or taupe. I believe it was sparked by accidentally walking in on my mother when she was attaching her hose to her garter belt when I was a young child.

I have always been a "leg man" and thigh highs have always driven me to sexual distraction, whether in "guy mode", "gurl mode", or any other "mode" you want to categorize with an ambiguous label, lol.

:love:

Katie83
08-23-2011, 04:11 AM
My favourite is probably my white Marilyn Monroe halter neck dress, with 4 inch silver stilettos. A got it for a fancy dress party. But then i love my black knee high boots too...

KarenCDFL
08-23-2011, 09:57 AM
I was about 12 or so at the time.

My late, great mom had this silky dark lavender (almost purple) pants suit with a gorgeous big flowing top.

I would wear just the top and it looked like a mini dress. I had bought some lavender pantyhose, heels and my first Covergirl Eyeshadow kit to match with a pinkish/purpleish lipstick.

I felt so pretty and feminine in it. A close girlfriend of mine who was the only one who knew I liked to dress up could not get over how good I looked in it!

Wow, I miss those young teen girl days.

drag n fly
08-23-2011, 10:11 AM
My favorite is when a friend lent me her wedding dress

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n175/karrenhutton/Wedding%20Dress/wed1.jpg

http://m112.photobucket.com/albums/karrenhutton/Wedding%20Dress/?pbauth=1_uLEBonVPfaLdh1h3YMYz2caNbDT6JuAri6A%2FaH B8JNqpsZcn3ZcxEPHmboGw1KXWTNtooBSIAXaA22l179mzuqHw KhrGT2nzsz4QYKflc7tsvYcz1Hbqw6cnvUZSYKpPMHtp30dJGt Z98PCnSIuaXmC94e76ZJmziK1EUemq32c%3D
You can laugh all you wish, Karren, you're still an effing fox!...moocho smoochos Jackie

drag n fly
08-23-2011, 10:30 AM
I just got back from Payless Shoes...I'm wearing a pair of black elastic strappy flats with 1 inch heels..I feel ****ty...love it..Just sitting on the stool trying on high heels gave me a tremendous rush...The other pair I bought is flats that have elastic that makes them curl when not worn...with a little flower kind of thing on the toe just behind the peep toe..in denim..It's Buy one get one half off!! Hence, the two pair...I'm new to this...Browsed Target and almost...almost..bought a XXL sports bra...Maybe next time.. smooches all
Jackie

Maria2004
08-23-2011, 10:30 AM
The first pair of high heels that I worked up the courage to walk into K Mart and buy, for me! Me...me....me. They were mine, not borrowed or stolen, in my style and perfect fit. I remember when I got them home and first put them on, my heart was pounding and I almost couldn't breath and wanted to cry. Seems weird now.

flic
08-24-2011, 12:02 PM
I'm going to cheat a little purely because i cant decide,,,,,so the first is a huge fluffy jumper from topshop,,,it goes with everything and is super soft and super comfy. Secondly is a vintage fifties dress, full skirt and a bow on the back, i love it!
x Flic x

Schatten Lupus
08-24-2011, 12:49 PM
My favorite is a Blizzconn shirt I found at Goodwill for two bucks. What's interesting about it, other than it was probably one of the few girls shirts sold that year, is it somehow got on the men's rack of shirts even though it is obviously a girls shirt. It's also the first article of women's clothing that I did not care if people knew I was buying it for me.

renee k
08-24-2011, 01:49 PM
My first was wearing my mom's heels. Then her dresses. Always loved venturing into her closet. Which she put a blind eye on.

Let me re-phrase this answer, the first LBD and sheer black hose. I purchased on my own when I was eighteen. My folks were away for the weekend. I had everything else, wig heels, etc; that I needed stashed away. When I looked at myself in the full length mirror after putting on the dress. My heart skipped a beat. I was totaly blown away.

Renee

Michaela42
08-24-2011, 04:46 PM
The pair of black heels I wore out for Halloween one year. They were not overly sexy, just a simple pair of open-toed-, sling-backed shoes with around a three and a half inch high blade heel (Skinny when viewed from the side but wider when viewed from the back). What made them so special? The fact that when I got home that night, a night with no major incidents, and I found that the leather soles were dirty and scuffed. They were dirty because "I" had worn them out. Silly, I know, but then this is me we are talking about.

Samantha43
08-24-2011, 05:42 PM
I'd have to say it was a pair of 5" black patent pumps that I purchased from Fredericks of Hollywood. They were my only pair of heels for quite a while and were looking pretty ugly by the time I retired them. I learned to walk in heels in them!

BLUE ORCHID
08-24-2011, 06:06 PM
Hi B E G, I guess my favorite would be the all in one body briefer
that was about one size to small.

Orchid

bomba
08-26-2011, 03:40 AM
BRG you are soooo cool, you say it like it is

SarahLynn
08-26-2011, 10:02 PM
I had this outfit, Black Watch Tartan calf length skirt with a matching red silk blouse, black velvet coverlett, black patent shoes and white knee socks. Oh mercy did I make up a loverly lass. With my naturally auburn coloured hair in waves down to my shoulders, scarf about my neck and down front and back held together with my clan badge (Davidson, for those wanting to know), and a black bonnet on me head, was a most beautifull sight.

I still have the blouse and other acquirements but sadly the skirt is three sizes too small about the waist now.

SarahLynn

RachelF
08-26-2011, 10:55 PM
Wow, very difficult as I now love all fem clothes and accesories. But I will say that high heels are the ones I like more.

Roxann
08-27-2011, 06:07 AM
my first was my mothers heels and bathing suit and then was spandex girdle and red lipstick i can still remenber the smell of the rubber girdle love it so much and to this day i love the smell and the looks of lipstick, i've come a long way now i love everything about girls stuff now

love all girl thing
Roxann

Connie D50
08-27-2011, 06:22 AM
My mom left out a light blue nighty see thru panties bra and a cute cover up. I had it on in the bathroom for an hour :-)

Tina B.
08-27-2011, 08:00 AM
My favorite is generally the newest thing I got, but there is a pair of white pumps I had, that where Ostrich, they where the most comfortable pair of heels I ever owned, looked great, and made me feel good just slipping them on. Not a tall heel, but oh so cute.
Tina B.

Jilmac
08-27-2011, 09:23 AM
My favorite was a set that was disposed of during one of my many purges (alas). it was a designer set by Givenchy and consisted of two panties and matching bra. The color was pale rose and had rose designs embossed into the fabric. The panties, (one a brief and the other a hiphugger), were a stretch fabric similar to that in a shaper but less confining and oh so smooth. The bra was a C cup with a light fiberfill seamless cup and gel straps.

I also found a half slip which was a close match (not Givenchy) in color but without the rose pattern. That was way back in my closeted days when most of my feminine attire consisted of pretty lingerie and not much else. With nobody around, I would lounge for hours in my pretty Givenchy lingerie and fantasize how a pink designer dress would complete the outfit. I never got the chance to know because I was caught by a disapproving spouse while wearing my lingerie, and ended up purging my entire collection.

I don't know if the designer brand Givenchy is made any more and I never found a set as lovely as that in any of the mainline department stores (I found the original at Kohl's in 1979). I'm at a point now where I can't afford to shop at the high end boutiques that specialize in designer brands, so my favorite set will always be a lasting memory.

BlondeFarrah
09-02-2011, 02:06 PM
There have been many items....but my choice is..my black - satin - opera gloves. Make me feel so sexy....

MaidInCan
09-02-2011, 11:35 PM
Lots of favorites but I would have to say my first favorite was a nice, sheer pink baby doll with matching panty and worn over a well fitted bra (I think it was white because couldn't find pink bras at that time) Really felt feminine in it and really slept well at night. Hated to take it off in the morning.

veroncia57
09-03-2011, 03:28 PM
Mine was a red half slip, my mother's of course, covered by lace on the front half. I still remember that beautiful red slip.