PDA

View Full Version : It happened again.

Jeannie
08-19-2011, 09:44 PM
The wife and I were shopping at one of our favorite salvage stores today and we were passing down the first row of shoes when these two young men behind us stopped and looked at some heels. One of them slipped off his shoes and tried on the heels right there in the middle of the store. The other one asked are you sure this is what you want. I didn't the response because I had moved on and gave them the space they needed. I was in complete awe of the situation and very impressed by their bravery and the fact that they had just tuned everyone else completely out and was concentrating on buying shoes at that moment. It was fabulous. Good job whoever you are. I guess since I am now retired and are out during the day more I am bound to see this kind of thing more often. It's just so great.

boardpuppy
08-19-2011, 09:56 PM
The more I shop for myself, the more the "I don't care" (can be read Pink Fog, or supple your own adjustive) attitutude takes ahold. I was in Kohl's the other day and the SA was wonderful, I was trying to get a pair of ankle boots but nothing struck me as cute enough in my size, she said come back in about 2 weeks we will have more in then. So, I just bought a microwave, what I went in for to start with.
Alice

Cynthia Anne
08-19-2011, 10:13 PM
I agre it's great to turn the world off and be yourself! When you shop, enjoy it! Hugs!

Loretta
08-19-2011, 10:19 PM
It's awesome when something like that happens, isn't it?
A couple of months ago, my aunt took me to ROSS to buy a pair of women's shoes.
I spent around 30 minutes trying on different heels, wedges, and others.
The whole time, there were girls that kept coming around and giggling.
Eventually, I decided on a pair of wedges, and took them up to the register.
I told the SA "These are for me. I couldn't find any pumps in my size, so..."
And she looked at the shoe size on the sole of the wedge, and said, "We'll have your size in a few weeks. Keep checking back!"
Felt great. My aunt got a really cute pair of wedges, too. This was only a few minutes after I came out to her, and it was AWESOME.

AllieSF
08-20-2011, 12:29 AM
I know that special zone the two guys were in when he was trying on the shoes. I get that way too and have tried on shoes where I found them. Sometimes when I am not as courageous as normal, I may take the shoes an aisle or two over to try them on out of the way of the main crowd of people.

VioletJourney
08-20-2011, 01:27 AM
Oh dear... I hope they didn't poach the pair you were looking for.

Maria 60
08-20-2011, 05:35 AM
In store's like Walmart there's camera's every where, but in other store's like Sears there are camera's but not as many. So i may go to another location and try on a pair of shoes. I was at Costco with the wife and they had Silks pantyhose there (my favourite) she went over to get them for me when a man went next to her and started digging through the boxes looking for a size and even call the sa over to ask her if they had that size. My wife said to me that i would have never even got close to those pantyhose and that guy was digging in. Why is it you see a women in men wear and it's ok but when i go through some rakes with my wife there i get weird looks.

Jeanna
08-20-2011, 07:42 AM
It couldn't have been me in there as I'm too far away but I don't hesitate to try on shoes in male mode. In fact in shoe stores, I just ask for help right up front and I have always found that the women in the store(shoppers) find it weird but the SA's don't. Why beat around the bush? It just makes things even more awkward.

Jeannie
08-20-2011, 08:12 PM
Oh dear... I hope they didn't poach the pair you were looking for.

No ,they didn't do that I saw them later in the store and they didn't have anything with them and besides the shoes were so cheap ther is really no need to just take them. As I said it was a salvage, the pirce of the shoes were $2.00 a pair. I looked but didn't find any for me.

Jeannie
08-20-2011, 08:25 PM
Why is it you see a women in men wear and it's ok but when i go through some rakes with my wife there i get weird looks.

I know what you mean. Even when I am with my wife I get these "you pervert" looks from everyone. I live in the south and down here if a man is in the women's underwear section then he is a pervert plain and simple. Even the SA's look at you like that. I was in JC Penny's in Jackson, MS with my wife to buy here a bra awhile back and she didn't know where the lingerie dept was in Penny's so we split up to find it. I got there first and I went looking for her and the SA come out and glared at me and said can I help you in one of those voices that just reeked of "what are you doing here you pervert". So I glared back and said no I am waiting for my wife Thank you. I was really teed off by the whole thing. I get that a lot at the big chain stores here where I live. I wouldn't get far if I was by myself and tell them I was shopping for me.

cdatlanier
08-31-2011, 03:14 PM
When my wife and I go to a shoe store, the first place we look is women's size 11. She likes to pick them out for me. I'm starting to wear flats when we go out to dinner and no one has noticed. But I keep the patient leather ones at home :-)

Joanna41
08-31-2011, 03:22 PM
well I wish I could even go out to a retail store for shoes. Needing a size 13, try finding those anywhere and if you you actually manage it (which I have never been able to do) they are gonna be ugly as heck. So I'm stuck with looking online...

Joanna