PDA

View Full Version : "Then we will deal with it!"

TxKimberly
08-20-2011, 07:37 AM
Being TG myself, one of the little nagging fears in the back of my mind is the worry that I might influence one of my children to this lifestyle, or that maybe genetics plays a part in it and they are already "doomed".

So the other day my two year old son came clopping through the living room in a pair of my heels and with one of his big sisters purses hanging from his shoulder. He was quite pleased with himself and kept repeating the words "Shoes", "Purse", and "pretty". It wasn't the first time he has done something like this, and so I visibly winced at the sight. Not out of any kind of irritation, anger, or shame, but out of worry and concern. I wouldn't wish this head trip and lifestyle on my worst enemy and I sure as hell wouldn't want any of my own children to suffer through what I have gone through.

My wife saw the look on my face and started to laugh.
"Matthew, stop worrying about it. EVERY little boy is going to play with his sister and mommies things. It's perfectly normal." She tried to reassure me.
"Yeah, I know, it's just that it worries me. I dont want him growing up with the head trips I had"
"Well Billy (our oldest son) did the very same thing and he turned out just fine, so stop worrying about it."
"I can't help it - it DOES worry me." I told her.
"Well you dont need to, it's perfectly normal, and if he IS like you then we will just deal with it!" she replied.

I don't think my wife realized just how much she impressed me at that moment . . .

larry
08-20-2011, 07:42 AM
TxKimberly,Just have to say I do not know you or your wife but this tells me you are good people !

Cynthia Anne
08-20-2011, 07:49 AM
That's right! Don't worry about it! You have much more important things to worry about! Such as how are you going to thank your loving and understanding wife enough! Hugs!

Starr
08-20-2011, 07:59 AM
While i havn't met Kimberly as in face to face sitting talking over a cup of coffee, you know that type of meeting and knowing someone. I have followed her blog, and many of her post here to the point i feel i do know her. I would say i know her better then a lot of people i have met face to face and had coffee with, since she is very honest in her writtings. That being said, Yea they are good people.... and i am proud to know her if only though her writtings.

diannecourtney
08-20-2011, 08:02 AM
Amen to that but I do wish I had found the tendency to this life style years & years ago. Don't let the small stuff nag. Always love to hear about Tx Kimberly. Dianne

SweetIonis
08-20-2011, 08:08 AM
Kim,

I appreciate your honestly in admitting it made you wince. It is a head trip, no doubt. The thing is this, at the end of the day, people will be what they will be. No matter how we may wish for people we care about to avoid what we may perceive as potential pitfalls, all you can do is offer advice and hope for the best. We will love those we care about, no matter what choices they make, so while we will worry, we have detach ourselves from the situation as far as possible and let people be what they will be.

Sam-antha
08-20-2011, 08:15 AM
if he IS like you then we will just deal with it!" .

Now that just has to be the quote of the year. But it must have been sooo good to hear her say it direct to you yourself.

~Samm

msniki48
08-20-2011, 09:02 AM
Kimberly,

You know that you are blessed in so many ways even if the world has not caught up to us yet. [ being TG] yes it is a terribly large head trip for us, but i must say that as the generation moves forward, i think if your child is also gender blessed he/she will be in a more natural acceptance enviroment and progression....somehow we are making a difference for the future of our children by giving a good example and trying to get out so people can get educated that we are real people inside.

we have come a long way...in baby steps.

hugs

msniki48

SANDRA MICHELLE
08-20-2011, 09:06 AM
Don't worry Kim, remember "the times, they are a changing". Maybe, just maybe when your son is in his 20's this wonderful thing we are all "afflicted" with will be more mainstream and accepted. One can only hope!!!

TGMarla
08-20-2011, 09:10 AM
Kudos to your wife. She gets it. She seems to know you through and through, and accepts you for who you are. And she's absolutely right about this situation. My own wife's son used to put on her red heels, but he grew up and gravitated to the ultra-macho. I understand your worry here. Like you, I would not wish this head trip on my worst enemies. But I believe your fears might be a little premature here.

Diane Smith
08-21-2011, 12:59 AM
"EVERY little boy is going to play with his sister and mommies things. It's perfectly normal."

Yeah, but it's a special child that gets to wear his father's high heels!

Seriously, though, it sounds like both your son and your wife have their heads screwed on pretty well. I'm sure you'll deal with what comes in your usual straightforward and loving way.

- Diane

Patty B.
08-21-2011, 04:37 AM
I'm sure most of us would not want our children to go through the head trips this lifestyle tends to generate, and the times they are a changing. I can understand your concern, but no matter what, you have to unconditionally love your children. I know I do, and accept them as they are no matter what their lifestyle.

Brenda79135
08-21-2011, 05:03 AM
The prospect of him dressing in the future may be daunting, but remember that there are fare worse things he could get involved in i.e. drugs, gangs, ... . Life is an amazing process we all have to go through. He is just exploring his world now and finding out what pushes the buttons of his parents. He will test the limits in everything he does until someone tells him no. You can only hope and pray for the best for him.

noeleena
08-21-2011, 05:12 AM
Hi ,

What little girl or boy does not follow thier Mum & dad around ,our 3 did & they are ages 33 k 35 n 36 c ,girl boy , boy. & now with 9 grand kids ,

As you know im a chippy . & Dejarn when she was 3 on would follow me around & 2 years later up the ladder on the roof with me & had my tools she is 8 y 8 m now

. casmir is allmost 3 a boy up the ladder & takes my tools & theres two more who will do the same , girl & boy ,
We Jos & i see them allmost every week.

Casimir likes my bag with make up glass's & when i change clothes he wont's to see every thing even hands me my work clothes & when done comes in to see me get dressed back in to my normal day to day wear. womens wear. like our other 9 grandkids they see & know me as a woman who does building work ,

You must live your life as you are , what will happen or not is allready set. long before ours or your kids were born.

To children they are things you wear them or use them . then expect our offspring to do the same they are learning & are innocent & those things mean nothing , it us who make issue's of those things , like your S O enjoy your time with those close to you .

...noeleena...

TxKimberly
08-21-2011, 07:50 AM
Wonderful comments everyone - thank you! :)

Sarah Doepner
08-21-2011, 07:30 PM
Like everyone else here I agree, your wife is wonderful and insightful, you have your head screwed on pretty well, our kids will pattern their attitudes and values after ours but still make their own choices, time will reveal what it will and there is no need to worry about things that may or may not happen, and if we are lucky and your son does follow in your Maryjanes, there will be a more accepting world for him when he does.

Eryn
08-21-2011, 07:45 PM
"Well you dont need to, it's perfectly normal, and if he IS like you then we will just deal with it!" she replied.

And, if we're lucky, in fifteen years or so when it becomes important to your son the world might well have changed into a place where it's not even a concern. It'll be part of the normal range of human behavior and you and he will have a great time with it.

In the meantime, enjoy your son's uninhibited time. It's a fleeting moment that ends way too soon.