PDA

View Full Version : Even Dogs Know

Nikki A.
08-20-2011, 03:00 PM
On my way home during the week I stopped by some friends who are camping. On an adjacent was a friend of theirs, so I went over to say Hi. She was there with her dog, she tells me that I shouldn't worry about the dog growling in that she doesn't like men. Well the dog comes up to me and sniffs me and within minutes she's sitting in my lap.
The friend says "I should have expected that", little did I know that she was told about Nikki by my friend's mom-in-law (who is also cool with it and has been out with Nikki). It's like the dog sensed my fem side even though I looked like a guy.
Has anyone else run across something like this.

suzy1
08-20-2011, 03:13 PM
This has reminded me of a worrying moment last year.
My daughter-in-law came over with her dog and the mutt went strait for the wardrobe that I kept my dresses in and started sniffing like mad! The perfume on the dresses was why I think it did it.
I spent a sweaty half hour worrying about her wanting to know what it was that interested the animal.

SUZY

joandher
08-20-2011, 04:36 PM
My experiance with the dog was i got dressed up ready to go out came downstairs,only me and the dog in the house, and it came charging at me growling and barking,had to whip my wig off and talk to him before he bit me , nearly had a trip to A&E

Hugs J-JAY

Diane Smith
08-21-2011, 12:38 AM
My wonderful best friend who happens to be a dog completely and absolutely ignores the difference between my male and female looks. He's equally sweet but crazy no matter how I am dressed, and mainly cares that his water bowl is full and he gets to go outside when he needs to.

- Diane

Julogden
08-21-2011, 01:13 AM
A friend of mine used to have a cat who supposedly only liked women and it used to sit in my lap too, puzzled my friend every time. ;)

Carol

eluuzion
08-21-2011, 02:27 AM
Dogs can't distinguish who is/is not a CD. If we are lucky, most people won't either, :heehee:

Dogs pay attention to body language, scent and other "cues" like a person being nervous, scared or "threatening". Of course they are also cautious with strangers. A growling dog is sometimes just reacting to the scent that the last dog you petted left on you.

Some of my many "careers" when I was younger were training "protection" dogs, vet tech, humane officer, etc. (until I realized you can starve to death on the low pay scale). I believe dogs can tell who likes dogs and who does not. I've had many experiences with people "warning" me that their dog does not like strangers...and a few minutes later I'm rubbing its stomach like a puppy.

My choc lab nipped a friend of my daughter's when she jumped on him while he was sleeping, lol. I had to quarantine him for rabies observation at a vet. Turns out the kennel girl beat him and tormented him the entire 3 days. From that point on, he growled at every female (except my daughter). He would not bite, just growl. If you were a guy, you could be an axe murderer walking into my house...and he would just beg you to pet him. lol

:love:

anonymousinmaryland
08-21-2011, 03:12 PM
Yes. If dogs and cats were able to talk, the stories they'd be able to tell.

sissystephanie
08-21-2011, 03:58 PM
Years ago, before I moved to Georgia, I worked as a Collection agent for a major retailor in Oregon. Most of my work was out in the field, and of course I met a lot of dogs. I have never been scared of dogs and rarely ever have any trouble with them! I went to this one house, where the lady owed a lot of money, and knocked on the door. All of a sudded the giant Great Dane came running around the side of the house barking and growling very loudly with the lady in hot pursuit!! The lady hollered at me to get into my car because the dog would bite me! I just stood there, the dog ran up to about 4 feet away, looked at me and dropped his head and walked right up to me without any growl or bark and waited to be petted!! The lady said, "He only does that for ladies, never a man!!" I said, well I am gald he made a mistake!! Of course thinking to myself, not a total mistake since I was a CD!! And yes, I did have my femme underthings on!!

Suzette Muguet de Mai
08-21-2011, 07:13 PM
All I can say is where does a dog bite? Yikes like I think the twins would take such fright they would recess back in my body too frightened to come out again. You are so brave to try.

TGMarla
08-21-2011, 07:35 PM
I've had the very same experience with dogs. Their owners say they are skittish around men more than women, but they wind up in my lap within minutes. But then, I'm a dog person, and most dogs take a liking to me quickly. Dogs know dog people when they meet them.

BLUE ORCHID
08-23-2011, 08:38 AM
My dog loves me either way I am the one that feeds her.

Orchid

Schatten Lupus
08-23-2011, 10:14 AM
My dog and my mom's dogs seem to not even notice or care. But as for dogs in general, I've always been a dog a person to the point I have made several friends on the path I walk (kinda sad because there is one St. Bernard that you can tell the owners don't pay much attention to the poor girl), and when visiting even people I have just met there dog will be on my lap within a few minutes. Which is not always a good thing, especially when it's a fully grown male English Mastiff that wants to crawl up on your lap. I'm pretty sure though it has more to do with knowing how to present yourself to a dog as friendly and non-threatening than what your gender is.

suchacutie
08-23-2011, 11:31 AM
Dogs respond to "clues" just as we all do. My daughter's and wife's dog (I'm not fond of dogs in male mode) is very clearly comfortable with and attracted to females, and has been since being a pup. The dog (it's a "she") puts up with me and understands I'm the alpha male (the only male) in the house.

Once Tina learned to transform convincingly to her feminine side, we were all amuzed that the dog suddenly was completely attracted to Tina! The dog now completely understands when it's my male side and when it's Tina. It looks like Tina finally was presenting enough feminine clues for the dog to recognize! It felt pretty nice, in fact!

tina

Loni
08-23-2011, 01:25 PM
yes dogs know what is up far better than we do.
and they pick up on how you are, had a friend who was afrade of dogs.
they would chase him when he was ridding his bike, I would pass by the same dogs and they would not even care about me.
I even stopped a couple "gaurd" type of dogs in there tracks.
my holly and molly knew me no matter how I looked.
but if you did not live there forget about stopping by if I was not home. even my friends would get bit. but when I was home they were all lovey dovey.

desa ray
08-23-2011, 04:40 PM
my pup loves when I dress, all kinds of cool stuff to chew on. He perforates my concealer tube for me and pulls the hem out of my skirts and gets on the couch behind me and chews on my bra strap but I love him anyway.
Desa.

DonnaT
08-23-2011, 05:02 PM
Our dog knows the difference. If I have a skirt on, she won't try to get me to take her for a walk, but If I have shorts on, she's whining to go.

5150 Girl
08-23-2011, 05:55 PM
My dogs love everybody, they don't care. The only excepton is Jake is scared (pees himself even) of men over 6-6
Desa Ray, your dog looks like a Chiweenie? My Ciweenies have a nylon fetish... they also love bra staaps, panyhose, slips ect...

Stefia S
08-23-2011, 09:11 PM
We're involved with various dog sports. I've had the same thing happen to me a few times - the dog's owners say "funny, the dog usually doesn't like men".

Our dogs are okay with my female persona, and warm up very quickly if I talk to them in my female voice. Come to think of it, they actually prefer my female voice over my male voice (they wag their tails more vigorously). My wife noticed this too, and suggested I speak to them in a slightly higher pitch and articulate more for them to understand my verbal commands better. So I've taken it further and speak to them in my female voice - it's become a way I "practice" my female voice.:battingeyelashes:

Kaitlyn26
08-23-2011, 09:15 PM
When I was much younger the first time our family dog saw me made up he tried to bite me. He didn't realize I was the same person until I spoke to him. Which also shows that dogs are pretty smart. He recognized my voice and accepted me as me even though I was not visually the same.

Joanie B
08-24-2011, 01:36 AM
Hi all,
I have had two totally different experiences with animals.
When I had my own dog, Holly, she did not recognize me when dressed enfemme and would not obey or come near me.
However, a dog of one of my GG friends was said to not like men, but it liked me en femme. (I have never been there in guy mode, so I don't know how that would go down.)

Joanie