PDA

View Full Version : I got Ma'am'd at the market today

Heather1129
08-21-2011, 03:33 PM
A first for me, I was standing at the end of the long check out line, the cashier asked for help, so another gal went to her register down a ways and said "Ma'am, I can help you on 6". In all fairness, my back was to her and when I turned around and headed towards her, she realized her mistake and looked a little embarrassed but didn't say anything else. I was wearing tan capris, Keds and a black blouse. I think my past-the-shoulder length hair is what got her. I thought it was funny, also felt a little bit like "YES!!".

Heather

sissystephanie
08-21-2011, 03:42 PM
Heather, it is always nice to be Ma'am'd, even if it was kind of a mistake!! Your hair did undoubtely throw her off!

Sam-antha
08-21-2011, 04:54 PM
It is a wonderful thing to happen. Mine was a bus conductor and like you, i will not forget it.

~Samm

bridget thronton
08-21-2011, 06:46 PM
The first time is always a nice event

Diane Elizabeth
08-21-2011, 08:04 PM
Second time is just as special to hear one being called "ma'am". Not to mention each time after that. I still feel I don't hear it enough. But it does put a spring in the step and a big grin on the face.

Cindy Louise
08-22-2011, 03:25 AM
A few months ago I got Ma'am'd twice in Walmart. Our DVD had died so we decided to get another one and out store is 24hr. I was wearing an old pair of khaki shorts with one of my wifes old scoop neck Tees also in khaki together with a pair of black 1.5" thongs as I approached the checkout the guy called out "Sorry Ma'am this ones closed try 18". As I finished on 18 the lady behind the register handed me the receipt and said "Thank you Ma'am have a great night" I replied "Thanks I will now" she must have thought I meant with the new DVD, but I didn't.