PDA

View Full Version : Fun day today

Wendy_Marie
08-21-2011, 11:52 PM
I am at the beginning of at least 4 weeks of free time to dress and go as I please since my wife is away...she knows of my dressing and is trying to deal with it in her own way and on her own schedule....but I fully tintend to make the best of this time and I promise not to make post after post with every little assorted details.

When I left the house already dressed this morning I had planned to make my usual stops hitting McDonalds for a Breakfast Burrito and a drink before heading out of town for the first 3-hour leg of my marathon drive today.

I arrived at McDonalds and lo and behold the line of cars for the drive thru stretched all the way around the building and spilled out into the street...I hadn't intended to go inside as I was in a hurry but when I saw that the counters had only a short line I steeled myself up, climbed out of the car and went in to place my order at the counter.

I knew that I was going to be changing at least twice today so I wore something simple including just a touch of foundation, light eye liner and lipstick....my khaki short, shorts...I'm talking Nair commercial, who wears short shorts...Shorts. My Pink V-Neck tee and my sandals...checking myself in the mirror I thought I looked very presentable.

No issues inside as I went without drawing any undue attention so I got my meal and hit the road...My next stop is my usual Rest Stop on the Interstate for a Sissy break...problem....the lot was full with approx 20-25 classic cars as there was a Route 66 event going on.
I almost chickened out but a strange calm came over me and I realized that if I could face this fear and the group of gear heads, wives/girlfriends and kids standing right at the entrance to the facility...then I could get through anything.

Walked up, went in and as I sat to do my buisness in the ladies...I felt light headed from the experience. Suddenly I heard this knock, knock on the wall of the stall and a ladies voice asked me if I could hand her some toilet tissue as the stall she was in was out.....Oh my, now I have to use the voice...I handed her several twist of tissue under the stall and said "here you go hun." in my best feminine voice....I was actually suprised at the sound which eminated from my mouth, it was almost believable.

She responded oh I like the polish on your toes....it's about the same color metal flake red as our car outside....:o "Thank You" I responded again...by this time I figured I had used up all my luck and headed for the door...suddenly I found myself face to face with an older lady coming in...she smiled and stepped aside just as lady numberone came out of the stall....I stopped at this point and busied myself washing my hands when she came up to me and asked me what polish I used....?

My daughter gave me this polish last week and its called Iced Merlot...Not sure who made it I said...I was feeling a bit nervous now and she must have sensed it because she thanked me, told me to have a nice day as she walked out with me just a step behind her.

I walked out of the facilty and made my way to the car without further incident and then took stock of what had just happened....I had just had a very nice encounter and chat with a pleasant Genetic Female in the middle of a very busy Ladies Restroom...even garnering a compliment on one aspect of my appearence anyway and the world didn't mysteriously implode or anything.

The rest of this day was cake compared to facing this fear....I made at least four other stops for bathroom breaks, food and fuel today while dressed. I encountered Men of all ages and backgrounds...from a well dressed man in a suit and tie who held the door for me at a conveience store...to a group of redneck gearhead types some covered in tattoos with the smell of WD-40 and Hi-Test on their hands.

If I can do it....then anyone can.

PretzelGirl
08-22-2011, 09:58 PM
Sounds like you did quite well handling yourself. That makes everything else soooooo much easier. I hope you have a wonderful month and remember to keep things in order. Letting anything go while she is gone will just put the ending at a sour note. Enjoy!

Cynthia Anne
08-22-2011, 10:56 PM
Wendy Marie! I think you have just proven you can handle anything! Way to go girl! Hugs!

Chickhe
08-22-2011, 11:41 PM
The closest I came to that was at a party where I happened to be passing (sans voice) and I was litterally forced in to the woman's washroom by some other woman who noticed me walking to the mens door (they laughed and said...careful you almost walked in the guys washroom by mistake! the correct one is this way). In there I kept my mouth shut and smiled a lot! Its one place I would rather not blow my cover!

Wendy_Marie
08-23-2011, 07:35 PM
The only scenario that seems to elicit more fear in us Gurls than the dreaded bathroom conversation is to come face to face with a group of teenaged girls....I faced this fear this morning during my walk.

I live right across the street from a very big..Big for my city anyway High School...the track is on my side of the school and I have been walking it all summer at least since school let out.

This morning I left the house in my white capris, a light blue hoodie as there was a chill in the air from the early morning rain...my sneaks, wig and a very modest amount of make up. After exiting the house I could see that the track was packed with probably 25-30 girls. a couple of coaches etc...

I decided today wasn't the day to walk the track and decided instead on a mile long route I have established which leads back through the neighborhood...the Outbound trip was uneventful with only a few cars passing me by...I made my about face turn at the bridge I had mapped out as the 1-mile marker and started back.

Made my final turn onto the last .4 mile stretch which leads directly to my driveway and suddenly I had this dejavu moment....I have lived here at this address for nearly three years now and I instantly remembered the numerous times I had seen groups of these students running the sidewalks up and down my street...no one was in sight and I began to think I was in the clear when up ahead about 200 feet a teenaged girls wearing running shorts a sports bra and shorts appeared heading directly my way...I had no where to turn other than make a very obvious about face...so I continued on...a few steps more and suddenly I
i saw the rest of the group of girls turn the same corner along with the two female coaches who were following on bicycles bearing straight down upon me.

having no out..I just bit my lip...smiled and tried to avoid the urge to run...I got a few smiles and nods of the head from the oncoming teenaged hoard and one "Good Morning" from the coach in the lead...that was all.

I was sweating bullets by the time I walked the last 100 yards, and turned into my driveway....and after I got inside and sat down in front of the fan....I caught myself laughing out loud over the whole incident. I guess it is better to laugh than to cry.

Phoebe Reece
08-23-2011, 08:01 PM
Wendy Marie, congratulations on successfully navigating the ladies room without incident. It can be unnerving visiting that place as the proper ettiquite there is different from the men's room. In the men's room men almost never talk - even with someone they know well. In the women's room, women are often likely to strike up a conversation with a total stranger. You have to be prepared to speak, unless it's a one-holer.

Alice B
08-23-2011, 09:06 PM
A veryt good start to a 4 week adventure. I have a 3 week one coming up in October. Have fun.

chrismy
08-23-2011, 09:41 PM
CLAP!CLAP!CLAP!CLAP! .. fantastic story!