PDA

View Full Version : I really don't care

Gina X
08-22-2011, 06:38 AM
There are several threads on here questioning why we cross dress, usually from different points of view. I have asked my self the same questions and been through all the motions of hiding clothes, purging and then starting again at great expense, and after nearly 60 years of crossdressing I came to the conclusion a while ago that I am never going to find out why I do it so I am going to enjoy it. It is a part of me that will never be fully explained, so I really don't care anymore, I'm just going to get on with life and enjoy it ..................

darla_g
08-22-2011, 06:43 AM
I stopped trying to figure out why and just decided I want to enjoy it as well. The day i stop enjoying it is the day i stop dressing.

lauraabdl
08-22-2011, 07:06 AM
I'm with you Darla, after 59 years and four marriages, I really don't care anymore who finds out and as for purgeing and hideing clothes thats at an end for me. I have one of the most girly bedrooms you can imagine and my wigs and jewerly are proudly on display on shelves as well as my nail polish and shoes, three closets full of femme clothes and one and a half dressers. At my age I'm done hideing and as for loseing friends don't have many to begin with since I moved here. :)
Laura Lee

suzy1
08-22-2011, 07:07 AM
In other words Gina, you finely got there! [Took your time girl]
So join the club. The clubs called the “happy, fun loving, no worries, no hang-ups’, no guilt, C.D. club”
I have been a member all my life.

SUZY

Gina X
08-22-2011, 07:26 AM
In other words Gina, you finely got there! [Took your time girl]
So join the club. The clubs called the “happy, fun loving, no worries, no hang-ups’, no guilt, C.D. club”
I have been a member all my life.
SUZY
I have been here for a while I just thought I'd put it into words for a change, I get a little worried by the younger members looking for answers from all sorts of different directions, when I am now pretty sure there is no simple answer...................

Joanna41
08-22-2011, 07:42 AM
I have never tried to figure out that WHY question. I simply dress because I enjoy all the fashion choices and the clothes feel great on my hair free skin. I dress because I enjoy trying to achieve a certain look for that moment. I dress because its a way to constantly stay busy and relax...I mean you are always looking at fresh new fashions, hot shoes, make-up colors. You can't do that in man mode...well lookie there...I actually did answer the WHY question! Woohooo...lol

Joanna

suzy1
08-22-2011, 07:42 AM
I have been here for a while I just thought I'd put it into words for a change, I get a little worried by the younger members looking for answers from all sorts of different directions, when I am now pretty sure there is no simple answer...................

Yes I thought you had girl. I was just trying to be funny.
But you make a good point. When they get as old and wise as us Gina they will stop worrying about it and just enjoy C.D.ing.

Hug, SUZY

Deanna B
08-22-2011, 08:01 AM
hi honey . you sum it up for me too. ive stop questioning my self and also stop hating my self and love being dress. take care always love deanna b xxx

Gillian Gigs
08-22-2011, 10:29 AM
There are times that I care and times that I don't care even in the same day. There is something within me that wants to understand who I really am. So, at times it gets stronger, though I do not think that I ever really will know all of the in's and outs of it all. It sort of goes like this, I like to wear certain acticles of clothing, but I don't know the mechanics of why totally. Much of it makes me think of the AA prayer. I change the things I can and accept the things that I can not change about me. I ask God for the wisdom to know the difference. I swore that after the last purge, I would not to that again, because I was trying to change something that was beyond me. FYI, that purge was over 8 years ago, and it has been easier of the pocketbook since then. It helps having an understanding SO.

Kaz
08-22-2011, 10:56 AM
I care when it upsets others... but that is not my problem! So right now I am in the club.. I don't care why... I just am who I am!

Karren H
08-22-2011, 11:33 AM
I developed Jimmy Crack Corn syndrome a decade ago...... And its served me well....

Kaitlyn26
08-22-2011, 11:38 AM
I think we have too many threads based on us communicating as cross dressers, transsexuals, and the other unconventional minorities that we are, and not enough of them on subjects we can all speak on as humans. I am who I am. I don't need a thread or a member to tell me why it is the way it is.

t-girlxsophie
08-22-2011, 11:40 AM
Got to agree,I love being a CD,if could explain why,then I would.but it hurts my head if I think too hard :heehee: so where do I sign

Sophie

Lorileah
08-22-2011, 11:43 AM
I too have come to grips with it but there are so many others here on this site who have not. They are the ones trying to reconcile why they do what they do. We have all been there I am sure. The fear, the doubt, the wondering why we cannot be like the mainstream. That is why I don't really mind the questions like "why do we do it?" I like threads that have discussion potential.

Anne2345
08-22-2011, 11:49 AM
I personally believe that crossdressing is a wonderful gift. Without it, and its attendant emotions, beauty, and magic, I would be a lost soul . . . . The "why" question has long been irrelevant to me. It is a gift, I accept it, and I love myself for it! And what's that old saying about not looking a gift horse in the mouth? :)

Gina X
08-22-2011, 11:51 AM
Got to agree,I love being a CD,if could explain why,then I would.but it hurts my head if I think too hard :heehee: so where do I sign

Sophie

Just under where it says "I hereby give all my money to Gina X"

NicoleScott
08-22-2011, 02:09 PM
I used to worry about why I want to crossdress. When going to a bookstore or library as a kid, I always headed for the psychology section looking for books and articles about crossdressing and fetishes. I still have that curiosity about what makes me tick the way I do. Why do feminine things (clothes, shoes, wigs, makeup, etc.) excite me to the point I want to wear them? I accept (finally) who and what I am, and I no longer fret about it, but I'm still curious.

PretzelGirl
08-23-2011, 06:01 AM
I agree that most of us have that "why" feeling in the beginning. I am guessing by observation that it continues moreso for those that tend to have acceptance issues or are still deep in the closet. Those with acceptance seem to be able to set it aside easier (probably an obvious statement). I wish all could embrace themselves and enjoy life to the fullest. An explanation doesn't change the fact that this is who we are.

BLUE ORCHID
08-23-2011, 07:49 AM
You have a better chance of hitting the lottery and getting struck by lightning
on the same day than figuring out why we dress.
I dress because I can and I enjoy it. If that's wrong then I don't want to be right.

Orchid

SuzanneBender
08-23-2011, 08:15 AM
You don't need to know why you dress to accept who you are. The posts above are proof of this, "I accept who I am and therefore, I don't care why." But that doesn't mean that someone who asks why doesn't embraced there T-tastic self.

It is natural and healthy to want to know why and each of us have our own motivations for wanting to know. Life would be much easier if we could know. Some of us would stop; some would embrace our TG selves even more; some would finally be able to answer the questions that our families,friends and society asks of us.

I have completely accepted who I am and I embrace it, but that doesn't mean that I want to stop reflecting on why I am who I am. Self reflection and self examination helps us grow even more. Will I ever know the answer? Not entirely. Will not knowing why keep me from finding happiness? Absolutely not.