PDA

View Full Version : I went out last night

Lorileah
08-22-2011, 11:49 AM
I was wearing a skirt and I took the garbage out to the cans in the dark and a car drove by and...no one noticed. When the headlights hit me the driver didn't even slow down.

No I wasn't taking the opportunity to dress and get out when no one would see me, it just happened that way. My thoughts went to all the posts about walking in 6 inches of snow at midnight in a dark area on an abandoned road. I didn't even think twice, I needed to take the bag to the trash can. I was wearing what I wear. It shows that when you rust that what you are doing isn't a bad thing, then no one makes a big fuss over it.

kimdl93
08-22-2011, 11:53 AM
I moved my sprinkler out front and, while I'll admit aI did glance around a bit, nothing terrible happened. A neighbor down the street may or may not have seen me, but so far, no police at the door!

Miss Maxine
08-22-2011, 11:54 AM
I don't remember the last time I wore pants. When I'm not completely indulging my feminine side, I am at least wearing a skirt and some makeup. No one really pays it any mind. Sometimes I even get compliments on my outfits or makeup. Women are always coming up to me with compliments and/or to ask me where I got my shoes, nail polish, ect. It is a wonderful feeling to be so accepted. I think it is a testament of the evolutionary path our society is travelling down. It makes me smile.

Nikki A.
08-22-2011, 05:42 PM
I've done a late night dog walks in a skirt and the gender police haven't knocked down the door yet. Funniest thing was last Halloween I dressed as Mimi (Drew Carey Show) at work, when I got home it was late and dark and the dogs needed to go, so I took em out like that. My neighbor was taking her dog out and she got nervous in that someone different was walking my dogs (my one dog has a little reputation, she's now 17 but still is feared). It wasn't till I said hi (she thought I had a woman over) and she got all flustered and didn't know what to say, I guess she needs to see me dressed more often.

Samantha B L
08-22-2011, 08:21 PM
For about three years in the seventies not long after high school I would walk all over my town and the neighboring towns with my then shoulder length hair in boofoos,updos,topknots,beehives,I even wore a Vidal Sassoon "shingle" job for awhile. My Mom and a whole lot of people in my family just despised all this. I was a novice and I tried to do makeup but I couldn't get it right. I did have some really neat late seventies blazers,bell bottums and satiny tops. This guy in our neighborhood kept calling me Rhonda. Strangely,people were rarely hostile. Usually they just asked dumb questions or said hi.