PDA

View Full Version : Dressing and getting out

Jordan
08-22-2011, 07:23 PM
I love to dress up all the time but being married have a really hard time getting any advice on how to get out more? Y es she knows I dress but finding time to cnjoy it outside is hard to come by

Eryn
08-22-2011, 07:32 PM
Could you elaborate more on what you want to do? By "go out" do you mean simply outside, to CD events. or out into the general public? How does your wife feel about your dressing?

Cynthia Anne
08-22-2011, 07:59 PM
Do as I do! Get dressed, grab your purse and go shopping!:D

Barbra P
08-22-2011, 08:34 PM
Hi Jordan

I agree with Eryn, you didn’t supply enough information. My Wife knows I dress and tolerates it around the home, but takes a dim view of my going out. After I walked the dog around the block a few times and went for a walk with the women living across the street she told me that she felt embarrassed by my walking around the neighborhood enfemme. I don’t want her feeling embarrassed so I have stopped walking around the neighborhood.

I belong to a transgender group and I go to the monthly meeting enfemme. I know that she doesn’t really approve, but I don’t want to drop out of the support group. The support group has my Therapist’s approval and my Wife hasn’t told me that I can’t go.

Depending on how your Wife feels it may not be possible for you to get out. You need to sit down with your Wife and discuss this, find out her feelings. If she objects to your going out, why does she object? If you know the reason for the objection maybe you can talk it out.

Jessica Ames
09-03-2011, 12:26 AM
My wife and I have grown tremendously over the last couple years to where she understands and respects me and my dressing more. Although, I think that it can be seen like other interests that she doesn't take part in with you. For example, I love my motorcycle. My wife doesn't care for motorcycles but allows me to ride and work on it. I wouldn't expect her to come out and watch me rebuild a carburetor, but I would expect her to respect my desire to spend time and resources on something that is part of me. If i decided that all I'm going to do in the evenings and weekends is ride my bike, then I'm not respecting or showing her love. It's the same with dressing, she should respect that this is part of who you are, but you can't expect her to be part of it if she isn't into it.

linda allen
09-03-2011, 06:45 AM
I love to dress up all the time but being married have a really hard time getting any advice on how to get out more? Y es she knows I dress but finding time to cnjoy it outside is hard to come by

Yes, too little to go on really.

My wife doesn't know I dress so the only time I go outside is if she's out of town. Even then, I won't leave the house dressed, I'll go to a deserted parking lot and dress. Yes, that limits it quite a bit.

Where would I like to be? I would like for my wife to know and accept my dressing and participate. If we ever came to this point, I would drive to a town or city a couple hours from home where nobody would recognize either of us, take a motel room, and then spend a day or two on the town dressed with my wife by my side. Shopping, dining, sightseeing, etc. Girl things.

Tina P Hose
09-03-2011, 08:31 PM
IT MUST BE TUFF, BEING MARRIED. Meaning atleast you have someone to breath with, and all that. Single sucks, but ain't so bad. I really miss the so called, "Heart Beat in the Darkness next to Mine". I miss her in bed and other things, and real life. Not saying that I would or could give up my CD wants and needs. But my GAWD if I had a wife and really loved her, I would slow down or get it in control. But that is just me, I drink daily, that may have something to do, with Tonya being single and available...lol