PDA

View Full Version : funny quote from wife

Kathy4ever
08-23-2011, 03:08 AM
When i got home from work yesterday my wife was getting dressed after a shower. My wife is wearing this muscle man type shirt. I wasn't really thinking anything as i looked at her. She says I know it is butch looking. She then says someone has too around here. her sister says thats just not right and laughs. You see for the past 6 weeks all I do is wear womans tanks and shorts. Would love it to be a skirt or skort but i don't want to push it. My toenails and finger nails are painted a pinkish color I created by blending two together. For a non accepting wife she has done better lately. I'm thankful for any positive attitudes from her but I know that ugly attitude can show at any minute. I can say this has been the best summer yet.

Marie-Elise
08-23-2011, 03:26 AM
I guess it's in the tone she says it. That could be read as good or bad. But I do see the humor in it.

Kathy4ever
08-23-2011, 03:34 AM
She did not say it in a mean voice as other comments she has said in the past. To me she is getting better with things. Of course some times it feels when a step forward is taken 4 steps back is taken next. I chuckled at her comment. You have to have thick skin if you want to be different. Just want to be softer with the thick skin.

Cynthia Anne
08-23-2011, 05:12 AM
I call it a plus when even an insult can seem positive! Best of luck to you! Hugs!

Diane Elizabeth
08-23-2011, 07:33 AM
I know what you mean of a non accepting/accepting spouse. Mine preaches how family may turn their backs when I come out (mostly her side). Or how it isn't nayural to change gender. But then at times she helps me dress by giving me some of her stuff to where or help me shop (she hates even shopping for herself) for clothes. Even once helped with my make up.

BLUE ORCHID
08-23-2011, 08:00 AM
Hi Kathy , Maybe she is coming out of the closet.

Orchid

Jenny Doolittle
08-23-2011, 09:07 AM
Hey Kathy,

I know exactly what you mean... last weekend we went to a BUddy Guy concert and then out doing a little bar hopping afterwards. OMG I know I am much older then most girls out there, and we don't do much clubbing, but the dress of young girls so ****ty. Anyway, as we are walking we both were looking a a girl in a really hot pair of heels and my wife's comment, "Don't even think you can, neither one of us could wear those!"

As we walked her comment was.... How did you ever end up with me as much as you like all of the outfits we are seeing here? My comment back was, "I fell in love with you, not the clothes on you" That's why we have been togeather for 38 years.

kimdl93
08-23-2011, 09:31 AM
It seems that you are pretty open with your wife - and her sister - so I do think her attitude is fairly positive. Keep an open channel for communication, make sure she knows you're committed to her and your marriage, and over time I think you'll find her increasingly accepting.

DeniseNJ
08-23-2011, 11:50 AM
both fingers and toes polished and you wear girly tops and you don't have a accepting wife.. Wow you are lucky. My wife need to visit her for some pointers!!!

5150 Girl
08-23-2011, 06:08 PM
My Polar Bear wears "wife beater" shirts almost every day. I guess when one has polar tendencies, the lighter weight the shirt the better, especialy in this weather

boardpuppy
08-23-2011, 06:30 PM
I surely understand the on and off again aceptance of your dressing by your SO. Some days are good and some not so good. Hope the good days keep coming.
Alice

Suzette Muguet de Mai
08-23-2011, 06:42 PM
I think you are up for a role swap here. I would buy her a set of weights and a good jock strap and say Ok you work out and wear the jock strap.

Kathy4ever
08-23-2011, 06:52 PM
I'd swap her anytime. She has the life and cloths that gowith it
I think you are up for a role swap here. I would buy her a set of weights and a good jock strap and say Ok you work out and wear the jock strap.

Kathy4ever
08-23-2011, 06:58 PM
She use to throw my stuff away. I think now she she just just hopes I'll chicken out. Last night went to rita's water ice and everything was girly even my route 66 white sandals. I don't think any even stared. I just act normal. If they got together we would probable be in real trouble. 2 gg's together is not good. But you never know.
both fingers and toes polished and you wear girly tops and you don't have a accepting wife.. Wow you are lucky. My wife need to visit her for some pointers!!!

linda allen
08-24-2011, 08:06 AM

I agree. ........................

flic
08-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Sounds like she's already on the road to acceptance,,which can only be a good thing!
x Flic x