PDA

View Full Version : I had my first public pedicure.

Rebecca W.
08-23-2011, 04:52 AM
I decided to go out to a busy nail salon and get a pedicure last night. There were at least thirty women that saw me and they all had this "inquisitive" smile.:o I was hoping that these two tough looking girls would say something smart but they just seemed to be holding it back, with that constant inquisitive smile. I enjoyed the pampering of my feet and the nice metallic pink polish. My last two and only pedicures were done by a private appointment and now I really enjoy being "viewed."
Nobody questioned me as to why, and I feel that the more I do this openly it will bring a comfort level to me to be able to explore more of my feminine side. I am already dreaming of this really nice pink polish with large sliver flakes in it.:battingeyelashes:
What have been your experiences on having pedicures? I really enjoy all of the responses to my postings, really educational too.:)

Cynthia Anne
08-23-2011, 05:25 AM
OH such fun it is! Soon you will want to get a manicure with that! Hugs!:D

Melissa Cross
08-23-2011, 08:39 AM
I have had quite a few pedicures and manicures and they're wonderful. I got most of mine at Salons in Provincetown MA in both boy mode and en femme. Never had a problem and it's a fantastic experience. I see you are also from CT, I'd love to know the name of the salon. I'm looking for a new TG friendly salon since Joy of Nails in Waterbury closed.

Amber_Lynn
08-23-2011, 09:25 AM
Congrats! I think there are a large number of women who wish their men would get pedicures. Have you seen some of the guys feet, augghhh. I get 2-3 a year and just last Friday I got one. I went to a local smaller salon with 3 chairs and ended up right between two women. I went in with black polish on my toes so they both saw it. My attitude was simply, who cares! I also got a manicure and my eyebrows waxed. It was really kind of funny to be sitting with the ladies getting the same things they were!

Taylor Skyrim
08-23-2011, 09:43 AM
I have had only one pedicure and that was when my mother paid for 2 pedicures one for her and one for my sister well she ended up having an appointment with a client and some one had to go with my sister. I was told after I got there about the pedicure so I decided why not. This was the week before Prom and all of my GG classmates who were there thought I was sweet spending time with my little sister.

Jodi
08-23-2011, 08:36 PM
I have a scheduled pedicure once a month. Mine are done in a semi public area--that is, there are three pedi stations in the small room. Usually there is another woman and sometimes two other women in the room at the same time. I get colored polish on my toes. There has never been problem and I have been doing this for the past 10 years. I have had comments from women like--"great color" and "what shade is that

The nice thing is that in the last 10 years, I have not had to trim my toenails.

It's a fun and relaxing time. I look foreward to it.

Jodi

Stephenie S
08-23-2011, 08:57 PM
I get my toes done regularly. It's right up there with getting a shampoo in a hair salon as one of my all time favorite things to do. Just lovely.

I watched other women getting their toes done for several years before I decided that I would do it too. I used to sit in front of the TV every evening doing my nails for the next day. It got really old. So about 5 years ago I decided to PAY someone else to do my nails. So for a couple of years, while I got my nails done, I watched people getting pedicures. I finally tried it. Oh my goodness!! What a treat. It's just one of the most fun things you can do with your clothes on.

I see no men in my salon (whoops, not true. I saw a young man just the other day when I went to get my arms waxed) but I know that a man would be welcome. They are ALL quite broad minded.

S

kathie225
08-23-2011, 10:06 PM
I had my regularly scheduled pedi/mani-cures yesterday as well. Every six weeks. Made the next appointment when I left. I've never had a negative comment over the last 12 years that I've been getting my nails done. Most women think it's wonderful for a man to be a metrosexual. Keep going ;it's fun.

Jay Cee
08-23-2011, 10:17 PM
Heckuva good feeling, isn't it?

I've had two done in the past year or so. First time was with clear polish. The last one was with sparkly pink polish, and I had a discrete flower done on each big toenail. Both times were with my gf. Only one person has made a public comment about the pink polish, so I'm thinking that most folks simply don't pay much attention to others toenails.

Rebecca W.
08-24-2011, 04:38 AM
The pedicure was so relaxing. It will be something that I will now schedule to do on a regular basis. As far as a manicure, I have only had one done as a "buff" and that was lots of fun. I do plan to have a manicure done soon, and with polish.:battingeyelashes:
Just look for a salon that does not use a power buffer as they are not good for your finger nails. My current salon uses that and I will have to locate one that does not use it. Power tools are good for wood and metal.:o

rachaelsloane
08-24-2011, 06:57 PM
I had my first one last week and like you, no one said a thing. Next time I'll have a manicure as well.

Misti
08-24-2011, 07:34 PM
Rebecca, I'm so head-over-heels in love with my acrylic nails (both hands and feet) that my SO and I go to a public nail salon every 2-3 weeks just like clock work. My favorite manacurist is there that we've now followed through 3 different places where she has worked over the past 8 months. :brolleyes:

I'm now 24/7 with them and don't ever expect to change. Period. My Boy vs Girl pic is of me sitting in a pedicure chair, amazingly enough! :heehee:

I've been searching frantically for the latest pics to show here, but sadly, just can't seem to locate them, darn it! :sad:

Looking down at them just now tells me it's time to go once again. Bye! Bye! :daydreaming:

LIKETODRESS2
08-24-2011, 07:41 PM
THe first one is the hardest now you are in for it. You will be going all the time now and getting them done. I get mine done every 2 to 3 months. And the reminds me it time for one for me

caryn m
08-24-2011, 09:19 PM
long story but i split my big toenail badly front to back when a tv fell on it it was bleeding and a mess i was in a golf tournement the next day and that wouldnt do so i went to a nail salon and they glued it back together for me so i could walk and played the next day.i went back for a couple of manicures and pedicures then stopped going for some reason. recently was in a pawn shop and the nail salon proprieter was there he asked why i hadnt come back they missed my business lol

BLUE ORCHID
08-24-2011, 09:47 PM
Hi Rebecca, That must've been an awesome time for you.

Orchid

Rebecca W.
08-25-2011, 05:34 AM
THe first one is the hardest now you are in for it. You will be going all the time now and getting them done. I get mine done every 2 to 3 months. And the reminds me it time for one for me

I will have to agree that the "first" time was really hard but I did not back down. It was in the winter and I had taken the day off from work to get the pedicure at a private day spa. Overnight, we had an ice storm and all of the roads were a sheet of ice. She called me on my cell phone to say that the appointment should be cancelled for another day or delayed until the roads cleared. I had the perfect opportunity to just back out. I kept the appointment, just delayed. I was so nervous but it was her only appointment because of the ice storm, nice! When she started massaging my feet and shaping my toe nails, I was in heaven.:battingeyelashes:
When it came time to put the polish on she asked me what color I prefered, I said a pretty light pink. She had a really big smile and she was impressed that I would pick such a feminine color. Let me tell you, when the first touch of the nail polish touched my nail, I started shaking because I had never felt that sensation on my toes before. The second time that I was there she gave me a pedicure and a manicure and I chickened out on the polish for my finger nails, only a buff. When she was finished, she gave me the bottle of blue metallic polish so that I could paint my nails at home, with a big smile on her face!
Rebecca:o