PDA

View Full Version : Thinking on coming out to my aunt.

girlyman
08-25-2011, 01:01 AM
Hey everyone. I haven't posted on here in a while. My last post was about my auntie, leaving some of her delicuts and whatnot, out for me in obvious places in her house, for whenever I came over.

On a previous occasion, I asked her if she could make me a Kilt, for when I go to concerts and such. The manly equivalent to a skirt I guess. She was happy enough to sew me one up, and whenever she or I mention it. She refers it as a skirt.

I'm thinking on partially coming out to her, when I start back at school in September. I am thinking on going the way of asking her if she has anything I could wear, for a party I am going to. Where the guys dress up and girls and vice versa. Just hopefully her husband isn't there at the time of course :doh:

From the past instances where she has left some of her garments and such around for me to discover. I am positively sure, she will accept my askings and help me pick out something I could wear, from her wardrobe.

I'm thinking I will close it out with "Can I keep these clothes, or would you like them back". If she replies with "Why would you want to keep them." I'm thinking I will reply with, "Well it's always fun to dress up sometimes". Then if she asks me, if I like wearing womens clothes. I will come out to her.

She is the most loving aunt, I could have and and she is like a 2nd mother to me. Her own kids, don't love her from an emotional stand point. Just as the person, who gave birth to them, standpoint.

I honestly think she would love to have another "kid" per-say, already being her nephew. But as a son and a daughter. I know she would never mention it to my mother or anyone else.

Gaby2
08-25-2011, 01:24 AM
Hi Dani,
lovely to hear from you!
I just looked up your posts way back in 2007...

When I was as young as you and still living at home, I remember my mother leaving hints (or what I thought were hints) that she knew about my "secrets".
I now think that she felt she wasn't coping well enough back then (6 kids - poor but secure) and she just didn't know what to do. I hope I get the opportunity to ask her at some stage - though this is not a priority for me at the moment.

Your Aunt sounds really nice and you seem to want to open up about your CDing to her as she is so important to you.
Try not to worry too much about her possible reactions.
You can't know before you tell her - and let her have her own opinion for herself.
Indeed it sounds as if she she might know already.
Unlike my mother your Aunt lives in today's world where TG-questions are quite commonplace.

All the best, trust your instincts, and do keep us posted.
:hugs:Gaby

Diane Smith
08-25-2011, 02:16 AM
It sounds to me like your aunt already knows all about you, is supportive, and is just waiting for you to come clean so she can participate more directly. I think you should be completely forthright with her about your dressing -- that will clear all the tension surrounding the issue, and I bet you end up with a supporter, confidant, shopping partner, and source for clothes all in one.

- Diane

suzy1
08-25-2011, 03:18 AM
Your aunt sounds lovely. From the way you describe her I would say you have a true friend to share your secret with.

SUZY

Cynthia Anne
08-25-2011, 06:43 AM
I do beleive your Aunt is waiting for you with open arms! So quit wasting time and let her know! Hugs!

kimdl93
08-25-2011, 07:11 AM
I don't know if your aunt deliberately left things about for you or not - sometimes we can read more into something than is really there. But she does sound kind and supportive. So, I would suggest a more direct approach. Rather than asking for some things to wear to a party, why not find a time when you can speak privately with her. If you need a conversation starter, thank her for the skirt (don't call it a kilt) and tell her how much you enjoy wearing it. Then just tell her you have a secret you need to share with her - that you enjoy dressing in women's clothes. As noted by others, she may indeed know already. Please be ready to talk openly...answer her questions and thank her for her love and support.

Joanna41
08-25-2011, 04:17 PM
It sounds to me like your aunt already knows all about you, is supportive, and is just waiting for you to come clean so she can participate more directly. I think you should be completely forthright with her about your dressing -- that will clear all the tension surrounding the issue, and I bet you end up with a supporter, confidant, shopping partner, and source for clothes all in one.

- Diane

Completely agree here with Diane!

Joanna

girlyman
08-26-2011, 12:32 AM
Thanks for all the support girls :)

Angela2me
08-26-2011, 04:10 AM
When I wanted to open up to my sister, I found a couple of positive media articles on the subject of dressing and asked my sister what she though of them and moved the conversation on from that. One article was about 'My Princess Boy' and the other was titled 'Are Cross Dressers Gay'.

Good Luck