PDA

View Full Version : My two days off.

Leanne2
08-25-2011, 09:51 AM
I'll tell you about my two days off this week. I'm on the senior committee at our church. Once a month we either put on a meal or take a trip somewhere. On Tuesday I drove the church bus to Grand Rivers, Kentucky for a meal at Pattie's 1880s restaurant. There were eleven of us that went. It took us an hour and a half to get there. On the way back I stopped at Weaver's Country Store which is a Mennonite store in the country. It was 5pm by the time I dropped everyone off at the church and put the bus away in the garage.
I was going to mow our lawn on Wednesday but I needed a haircut. My usual beauty shop was closed so I called the old shop that I used to go to. The two beauticians there know that I am a transgender woman. When I asked for an appointment, the owner asked if I could be there in 30 minutes. I was in grungy drab so I told her no. When she offered 1pm I said yes. So now I had to hurry. I showered and shaved my face. Then, out of the shower I shaved my legs. Now I had to pick out an outfit. I needed to shop after my salon visit so I dressed like a soccer mom. I wore denim Capri's and a bright blue top with a V neckline. I also wore white ankle socks and my blue ladies Keds. For jewelry I wore a gold ladies watch on my left wrist and my favorite magnetic bracelet on the right. I have a stretchy ring that I wore on my left ring finger because after all, I am married. I chose dangly pendant earrings and was going to wear a cross necklace but the delicate chain was tied into a knot that I couldn't get out. After I did my makeup I blew dry my hair. Just before I left I spritzed perfume on my hair, neck, and wrists. Then I grabbed my safe bag and purse and took off in my car.
Just down the road I smelled gasoline. Earlier that morning I had bought gas for my car plus a can of gas for the lawnmower. I had forgotten to take the can out of the trunk. So I drove back home and set the can in front of our garage. Then I hit the road a second time. I arrived at the salon at 1:05. When I walked in I stuck my head in the doorway where the nail tech works. We chatted for a bit and then I walked over to the hair salon. While I was being shampooed I told my hairdresser that I wanted a different style. My old style had a flip from ear to ear but now I wanted a wedge again. I had had a wedge several years ago and wanted that style again. She said that it might take two appointments to get it done. As she was cutting and styling my hair I visited with another woman and the other hairdresser. It was all women in the shop including me. The chatter changes if a man should come in. When I was done I paid for the service and tipped her well. Then I said my goodbyes and left.
I drove to Wal-Mart to do some shopping there. First, I went to the lady's room to relieve myself and freshen up my lipstick. The other woman in there and I smiled and said hi. Then I pushed a cart around the store with my purse in the child's seat. After checking out I drove to a natural health food store east of town. Then I drove home. After my fun day en fem I had to revert back to drab before anyone else came home. I ended my day by mowing grass until dark. I finished the lawn before work today.
So, I hope you had a good day as well. Bye for now, Leanne

Cynthia Anne
08-25-2011, 11:12 AM
Hi Leanne! All in all it sounds like you had a lot of fun on your two days! I hope you have many more enjoyable 'two days'! Hugs!