PDA

View Full Version : The first thought

Staci G
08-25-2011, 08:21 PM
I was cooking today on the grill, and I bumped my hand on a sharp piece of steel. I looked at my hand and I had cut a small piece of skin off my finger. The first thought I had was Oh no that is gonna leave an ugly scab and look awful when I do my nails :doh: Has anyone else's first thought been about how it will effect their crossdressing? I found it strange I wasn't worried about if I was bleeding just that it will be ugly with polished nails.

AllieSF
08-25-2011, 09:12 PM
Yes, every time I get my hands dirty in the garden or putting oil in the car, I think of the need to do a super scrub on my hands, fingers and nails. Same goes for scratches on my arms and legs. Actually, I like that because I find myself trying not to get too dirty and try to avoid scratching my legs and arms.

Suzette Muguet de Mai
08-25-2011, 09:21 PM
Laughing yes so me. I manicure my hands perfectly then hesitate to get them dirty and when I break a nail its like that is 2 months of growth Arggghhhh.
If I catch my clothes on a sharp object its off to the toilet to check if I am bleeding enough to scar.

When I shake hands with a guy I check out the fingernails first and think yuk cant you clean your nails if they have dirty nails.

sissystephanie
08-25-2011, 09:22 PM
I banged the middle finger on my left hand 2 months ago. I do get a manicure and pedicure every 2 weeks, and that nail still has a black mark on it!! The nail tech says it will go away in time but it sure is taking a long time!! BTW, my finger nails are always a pale pink and my toe nails are always some bright color so I can wear open toe sandals! And like Tania I always check peoples fingernails when shaking hands!

NathalieX66
08-25-2011, 10:29 PM
The last week of July, I got a a couple of gashes and cuts on my legs after moutain biking in a trail that was thick with vegetation. I took a couple of spills.
Now they're still kind of visible but amost gone, and hopefully by the time I make it to Atlanta for Southern Comfort, they'll be all gone.

Now I have to be careful for the next few weeks.

ChanDelle
08-25-2011, 10:37 PM
Yep, exactly! I whacked my right big toe the other day and broke the toe nail and I totally thought "How will it look with polish on it now?" And it did look like hell for a couple of weeks! :>(

ChanDelle

suchacutie
08-25-2011, 10:40 PM
Just today I was cleaning up in the lab and a screw sticking up scraped my nail and I was panicked that the nail was torn! Nothing else, just that the nail might be torn.

Karren H
08-25-2011, 11:11 PM
Not since I started wearing mechanix gloves for doing just about anything that could harm my hands! Have 5 pair! Including 2 pair of metacarple gloves... Working in underground coal mines has taught me safety first, .

eluuzion
08-26-2011, 12:27 AM
I am not as "dangerous" as this is going to make me sound like I am.:D

I have an incredible ability to ruin and break things. I quit wearing watches because I always manage to snap off the bands with a wrist-turn, or break/scratch the crystals. I do not buy prescription glasses, I buy readers at the dollar store (about 4-5 pairs/month), because I brake the frames.I don't wear neck jewelry because I either catch/snap the chains or come close to hanging myself on something. I rarely wear a ring because I have peeled the skin off of a knuckle several times in the past. One of the reasons I wear a hat a lot is to protect myself from whacking my head on things when I raise up from projects.

I am still amazed that I have never suffered any real physical damage in my life. Not even a broken finger. It's all been cuts, pulls and bruises. I guess it is because I am all bone/muscle and in pretty good shape.

To answer the question, yes. I wear shorts almost year-round and I am an expert at running into low profiles objects like coffee tables. My specialty is hitting my tibia (flat face of lower leg that immediately sends you to the floor in pain). I am also great at cutting the skin on my calf muscles.

The first thing that always comes to mind is "How am I going to cover this up wearing pantyhose?" :heehee:

:love:

erickka
08-26-2011, 05:58 AM
Yup! Every time I take a chunk of flesh off of any place that is visible in my girly best, I get the oh $#!+ syndrome too.

Wendy_Marie
08-26-2011, 05:59 AM
Yep all the time...I recently stubbed my toe and the following morning I had a bruise under my big toenail....I had just given myself a pedicure and my toes looked amazing and I was excited that I could wear sandals and Flip Flops without polish for a while....Then here is this big ugly black and blue bruise...that has been more than a month ago and when I removed the polish just a few days ago to change colors...I saw that it is still there.... but it is a lot smaller a good deal less noticable.
Oh well....gave me yet another excuse to buy nail polish...not that I ever needed an excuse.

KarenCDFL
08-26-2011, 11:56 AM
Many years ago when I first started shaving my legs, I was using a brand new razor and I shave a big gash on the inside of my leg just above the ankle.

The scar has faded over the years but it has always bothered me especially since I wound up having to wear a big piece of gauze and tape under my pantyhose that night.

Maria 60
08-26-2011, 03:57 PM
I was walking through the construction site and i snagged on a piece of wood with a nail and it scraped my leg and ripped my pants. The first thing i thought of was, thank God i don't under dress at work and then i thought how bad my legs are going to look in a skirt.

MichelleP
08-26-2011, 04:17 PM
Lol. I stupidly walked into a trailer hitch behind a truck a couple months back. It left quite a bruise for a while on my shin. My first thought -while I was in boy mode at the time - was how's that going to look in a skirt:Angry3:

Staci G
08-26-2011, 10:07 PM
Karen I was shaving my legs today and was thinking if I cut myself I am going to be pissed!

Many years ago when I first started shaving my legs, I was using a brand new razor and I shave a big gash on the inside of my leg just above the ankle.

The scar has faded over the years but it has always bothered me especially since I wound up having to wear a big piece of gauze and tape under my pantyhose that night.

Brenda456
08-27-2011, 12:20 AM
I was digging in the dirt to replace a broken sprinkler pipe. I broke a nail!

Roxann
08-27-2011, 05:25 AM
Yes, i get cut and bruises all the time and my wife said the other day how can you get so dirty and then be so much of a girl, i do landscraping and have a a farm and its hard to be clean and not get cuts and scratches but i'm really been trying lately

diannecourtney
08-27-2011, 02:16 PM
Ypu know, I snag my nails dreadfully when I make the bed, I've thought a bout gloves but in the bedroom?