PDA

View Full Version : Mistake equals good news

Wendy_Marie
08-26-2011, 07:17 AM
Not very often that a mistake leads to Good News but this is the case for me this morning...I have been reporting to everyone who wants to hear about it, and some that don't..about my weight loss since the first of the year and while I have plateued until this past week. I had believed that my top weight was errr, umm 254 lbs.

Back Nov 2010 I was in a depressive funk that I couldn't seem to get out of....At that point I hadn't dressed more than a handful of times in well over two years...I had some medical issues which kept me from being active at all, so all my time awake...(Wasn't very often.) was spent on the couch in front of the television or in the kitchen with my head inside the Fridge.

Had an epiphany one day and realized that I was no longer living life only surviving and perhaps postponing until the inevitable came to find me...so two things happened that day....First off I made up my mind that it was time to lose some weight..secondly I found a private moments and put on some girly clothing, walked out the front door and just got out for a while...a life changing event for me.

As of this morning my scale seemed to like me very much :battingeyelashes:and when I stepped on it I saw the numbers 212 and I was elated because I have been stuck at 216-218 for the last month....and no amount of watching what I ate seemed to be working, it had been too hot to go out walking so this was incredible.

Up to this morning I have been telling everyone that I lost 40 lbs this year and this was my belief...Last night I found a file I had created buried deep and hidden on my hard drive so no one else in this house anyway could find it and it contained a journal I had began just after Thanksgiving 2010....there were only 5 entries in it but in the very first one I found the mistake which equals good news.

In my very first paragraph on the very first posting I had recorded my weight as 264lbs...and again the very next day 264 lbs....so now, even though it saddens me to think I had let myself go from a 185 lbs in Jan 2009 to 264 lbs Nov 2010, in less than two years...I was even happier because I feel now as though I have my old will power back and have documented proof as reported in my journal entry that I have now indeed lost 52 lbs and am finally back to dropping weight again....I forsee shopping in my near future.

Hopefully the doctor I see Tuesday the 30th for HRT will be as happy with this news as i am.:D..can't wait now to be able to report that I have hit that elusive 200 lb mark for me, and then my goal of 170 lbs will be in sight.

sorry for the length of this...can you tell I am happy this morning?

Joanna41
08-26-2011, 07:27 AM
Thats great Wendy! Keep it up.

Joanna

Danni Renee
08-26-2011, 07:29 AM
Great to hear Wendy! It is funny, your numbers are almost exactly the same as my numbers. I was 265 when I went to Korea and I left there at 215. I had hit a low of 208 while there but I got out of my routine due to extra demands on my time before I left. My scale is supposed to arrive today and I know I have probably done some damage being off my routine during the move and vacation but I feel like it will not be that bad. I am shooting for under 200 by Christmas. Good luck with your continued weight loss!

Tina B.
08-26-2011, 07:33 AM
Job well done, I've lost 34 lbs since the first f the year and thought i was doing good, but you make me want to go for a long walk, and see If I can get mine moving down again.Congratulations! Great time to start shopping, a lot of great end of season sales going on right now.
Tina B.

kimdl93
08-26-2011, 07:41 AM
Congratulations Wendy. I understand how severely depression can affect one's weight. In earlier years, I went through a 70 loss followed by a 100 pound gain! Neither was very good for my health, obviously, but it reflected the state of my psyche at the time...a rollercoaster!

Cynthia Anne
08-26-2011, 09:44 AM
Wendy Marie, you have every right to be happy! I hope you stay happy for a long time! For if you do the lbs will keep coming off! HUGS!

Karren H
08-26-2011, 11:02 AM
Yeah!! That's awesome!! I hit 170 seven years ago after my epiphany! That I was going to die if I didn't do something. Dropped 50 pounds in 9 months.... Staying there is a struggle every single day.... Especially as I have been increasing my breasts over the last few years... Those things aren't light and you have to loose more weight else where to maintain your target weight!! Were pulling for you girie!!

Julogden
08-26-2011, 11:48 AM
Fantastic, Wendy, congratulations!

May I ask how what you did to lose the weight? I'm in roughly the same boat currently that you were in before you started to get your life back, and can use all the advice I can get.

Thanks,
Carol

Wendy_Marie
08-26-2011, 01:52 PM
Great to hear Wendy! It is funny, your numbers are almost exactly the same as my numbers. I was 265 when I went to Korea and I left there at 215. I had hit a low of 208 while there but I got out of my routine due to extra demands on my time before I left. My scale is supposed to arrive today and I know I have probably done some damage being off my routine during the move and vacation but I feel like it will not be that bad. I am shooting for under 200 by Christmas. Good luck with your continued weight loss!

That is quite a coincidence....I am hoping to be under 200 lb by he end of September...according to the charts my ideal weight given that I 5'8" tall and of amedium frame should be in the 170 range....thats my goal. good luck to you.

Thanks everyone it has indeed been tough this time...i have never had problems dropping and maintaining my weight back before he dreaded 4 Ohhh birthday....Now it is a different story.

To be honest when I started making my living driving full time back in 1999 the weight creeped up on me as I was eating three times a day at the big yellow "M" McDonalds...and those Quarter pounders will get you...so I only eat out once a week now.

Dropping the weight to improve my appearence is great and all but to be honest my real reason is one of health...remember my knee injury that I kept reinjurying?

Guess what? The problem seems to have lessened and I haven't had a reoccurence since April...also started walking 2 miles at least two-three times per week
Secondly and even more important...Blood Pressure has been borderline high every time I go in and check it.

High Blood Pressure, CHF and Stroke run on both sides of the family....Doc put me on BP meds once, pulled me back off after 6-months when I dropped weight before...so I hoping this time there will be no reason for the extra medications.

good news is i don't smoke, drink very infrequently and was very active as a child..hopefully i can break the cycle o at least postpone it until later in life...My Dad had two heart attacks by the time he was my age...and died of CHF..so it is a bit scary.

PyrateSilly
08-26-2011, 04:13 PM
The last time Sherina and I went to see our doctor (we both have the same GP doctor) her BP and sugar were a little on the high side. Knowing that my husband has been really trying hard to eat right even thou with her job she travels alot the doc suggested to lesson or cut out white veggies and fruits. Appearently they are higher in sugar so may not be exactly right for someone trying to lower their numbers and keep them low. So apples, bananas, potatoes, cauliflower, etc are no longer in the diet too much.
If you want to lower your cholestoral with more natural things than take Red Yeast Rice pills, Omega 3 and cook with some ground Flax seed. Those are all known to actually help with that. Be careful thou when taking anything. You do want to make sure that everything that you do take can work together and not against you. Talk to a pharmasist to make sure or your own doctor.

DonnaT
08-26-2011, 05:09 PM
Congratulations Wendy.

I went from 284 to 207 last year. But for some reason it has gone up again to 238. :(

I ate a lot of oatmeal when I lost the 77 lbs, and guess I'll have to see how that works again.

Kaz
08-26-2011, 05:31 PM
Well done Wendy... seems like you are getting happier and happier! Watch out girl, some say you can have too much of a good thing... not me though! :heehee:

Loni
08-26-2011, 07:58 PM
good to here you have dropped some weight. i have even done a good dead in this but only 10 pounds in one month. 30 more to go. :-)