PDA

View Full Version : Blue.....

ReneeT
08-26-2011, 03:50 PM
Alas, it is just another milestone in life, but my first born left the nest yesterday. My spouse and i dropped our son off at college, 10 hrs away. We got home today and i sat in his room for a while and cried. This was my first crying spell since starting hrt. No thanks!

Aprilrain
08-26-2011, 04:19 PM
How long have you been on HRT? if you're like me the first of many! it kinda sucks when your in it but at least there is a catharsis. For me anyway.
I can't wait to get my kids out and paying there own bills! that will be great, so I guess in like 30 years. lol

natasha
08-26-2011, 05:31 PM
Renee,
My crying spell is tommorrow, I too am taking my first born son off to college. I've already had several spells over it. Today, just seeing all of kids at the bus stop this morning sent me over the edge. At least he chose to spend the day with me today, we played golf. I was talking with one of the other golfers and told him that I want this day to last another 10 years. Gonna be a bittersweet day tommorrow.

Debglam
08-26-2011, 05:59 PM
No HRT, but I sure understand! We drop our daughter off at school in a couple of weeks. She is a real sweetheart and I know I am going to miss her. She has such a good heart - I kind of look forward to the day when I can talk to her about all this trans stuff.

Hang in there!
Debby

Mimi
08-26-2011, 06:45 PM
Eryn and I dropped off our first-born daughter last Saturday with a few tears on both sides. Then I dropped off our second (and youngest) daughter Monday--two gone in one weekend! Plenty of tears to go around, that's for sure. I came home Monday evening, looked around at the empty chairs and the belongings they left behind, and cried. At least both are fairly close--one is 25 miles away and the other is 70 miles away.

Thank goodness for texting and facebook--that way I know they're doing okay, or if they need a pep talk and some comfort.

Jessinthesprings
08-26-2011, 07:41 PM
lol at least you have a good excuse. I can't imagine how emotional i'd be in your place!

Jorja
08-26-2011, 10:01 PM
My kids I couldn't get to go to college. They had bigger and better plans. So, a year later I dropped them off at college. No blues for me, just told you so's. :)
For the past several years, I have had at least one and sometimes as many as four transgendered youth who were kicked out of their homes staying with me. To make things legal and easier I have gone to court and became their legal guardian. I have always loved the end of August the first of September because there is one or two going off to college. Yes, I have returned home and sat in thier rooms and teared up but you know what? I have found they were tears of joy.

Eryn
08-27-2011, 05:00 PM
Yes, Mimi and I sent both off on one weekend, but these days with instant communication it isn't as bad as it used to be. They know that we support them and we know daily that they're doing OK. We also get to share their little triumphs and tragedies.

We pretty much kept those little things to ourselves when we were in college back in the Dark Ages of making collect calls from the one phone in the dorm!

Eryn

tanyavelour
08-27-2011, 05:15 PM
Congratulations for your son, for going to college. And I, someone who just recently graduated(2 years ish ago), will say, don't worry, you will never lose them! Once a son, always a son!

Also, with the current economic climate, and according to research, statistically speaking, he might return to live under your roof after graduation for a little while. :D

*hugs*

natasha
08-27-2011, 10:20 PM
Wow, what a day. I think I cried more than my wife....lol. It came in waves, I was fine one minute then balling my eyes out (kinda makes it hard to drive also). I would have never let myself cry in the past but h'mones has changed that perspective immensly(sp). All good with it though.

Hope
08-27-2011, 11:33 PM
Once a son, always a son!

Or, you know, possibly a daughter...

Alas, it is just another milestone in life, but my first born left the nest yesterday. My spouse and i dropped our son off at college, 10 hrs away. We got home today and i sat in his room for a while and cried. This was my first crying spell since starting hrt. No thanks!

Congratulations on sending your progeny off to college. It is one of those mile stones, but ultimately no more or less important than any other day of your life.

My experience with HRT is that I cry MUCH easier now - and I am much less self conscious about it. Where I used to have the stiff upper lip and I would try to blink back the tears and avoid talking to anyone for a bit - now I feel no shame in crying. The only thing I worry about now is messing up my mascara.