PDA

View Full Version : Another first for the UK

Jamie M
10-11-2005, 08:25 PM
This from today's SUN

A SEX-SWAP doctor told yesterday how patients were stunned to find she was now a HE.
The GP, who started life as Vanda Zadorozny, now goes by the name Richard Curtis.

And yesterday the 38-year-old medic admitted some of his patients were shocked. He said: “People were looking me up and down and going, ‘Oh, I made an appointment with a woman’.”

Dr Curtis, 38, of Richmond, south-west London, became the first person to be re-registered as a male doctor by the General Medical Council.

He said: “You hope people are open-minded but general practices are quite small and some patients can be a bit funny.

“I think I’m fortunate to be in London, where you see all-sorts. In a small town it might be different.

“In a sense I’m the same person. I still have the same values. I’m still just as easy-going.”

Dr Curtis was working as a locum in London for two years as he underwent the procedure.

He paid £7,000 for a hysterectomy in January, which was followed by a double mastectomy.

He has also been taking testosterone fortnightly, which has deepened his voice and brought on the growth of facial hair.

It is also intended to make the recipient feel more “manly”.

After taking hormones, plastic surgeons can create what resembles a penis from the person’s genitalia

see the full article here (http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005470214,,00.html)

Deborah
10-11-2005, 09:23 PM
I'll never understand why (because i'm biased giggle) but its nice to see it works the other way also.