PDA

View Full Version : After How is Why!

Danni Renee
08-27-2011, 07:49 PM
In a follow up to the thread discussing posting pictures here on the forum, I started thinking about why I take pictures in the first place. I find that everytime I dress with makeup that I take pictures to remember the occasion. I have pictures from almost every weekend since March and a few pictures from before then. I started taking pictures when I got my first wigs about 2 years ago. I always want to commemorate the occasion of dressing. I do not take pictures during the week even though I dress (without makeup) almost daily.

I am not certain why I have this desire to take pictures when I am fully dressed but I do not feel like it is a complete night if I do not take a picture or two (or usually 10).

So why do you take pictures of yourself when dressed?

debbeelee1
08-27-2011, 08:31 PM
I'm the same way, I have tons of pics while dressed. I'm lucky that I have a great photographer; my wife. Her only complaint is when her shutter button finger gets sore from pushing it so much! I started out being lucky to get one "OK" picture out of 50, but after so much practice, I'm probably up to 90% good pics; at least that's what I think are good! We've even started to collect props like fans, perfume bottles, scarves, etc. and I look at websites featuring feminine posing techniques. I try to find interesting backgrounds too. I pay close attention to woman's clothing ads and watch how they pose. I'm sure a lot of us have the same problem; what to do with those hands when taking pics!

I've been making pics for my digital picture frame. I figured the correct ratio to fill up the frame and have been using GIMP (free photo editing program) to make 100's of different versions of my better pics. I have a 16 GB memory card about half filled just for the picture frame. I like to turn it on while while I'm dressed. One of these days I'll post some.

I do keep a copy of all of my pics on my computer, my external hard drive and on the memory card.

This winter I hope to get the new video camera going and do the same this with it!

I've seem some really great pics and videos on this site, WTG girls and guys!

Yep, I am the same way, a night of dressing up isn't complete without pictures!

Taylor Dame
08-27-2011, 09:09 PM
I have taken a lot of pictures over the past few years too. I enjoy seeing some of my past outfits and how my tastes have changed. It's also fun to see how my application of makeup has improved as time passes. I have no one to take pictures, so my timer and tripod get a good workout. ;-)

Raychel Torn
08-27-2011, 10:31 PM
I really do hope that one day I will have the nerve to take pictures, but for now I will just admire those of you who do.

Samantha43
08-27-2011, 10:44 PM
Because I'm freaking hot!!! :tongueout

Miranda09
08-27-2011, 11:20 PM
I take photos because I love to see how all my effort looks from a perspective other than a mirror! It's also fun to look back and see how well I've coordinated my outfits and how I'm doing on my makeup. It is interesting to note that, in addition to posting these photos here, I have had my 2 friends that know about my CDing view these photos and their compliments are always an ego boost. :)

Marissa
08-27-2011, 11:33 PM

LOL..that is soooo true...oh..wait..thought you was talking about me ;) ok..just teasing..but still.. I have pics on my phone which is my alarm..and most nights, the last thing I do is look at me.. and smile..

I do take pics for the same reason as Taylor says (hon, you need to share some of them..lol) to see how I have progressed.. so maybe others can be inspired when they are just starting out.. no..not vain..just happy at times :)

Someday, I'll have that SO who will be my shutterbug :)

Maria 60
08-27-2011, 11:39 PM
I never understood myself why i would take pictures but it's a good thing i do on one side, when iam dressed i think i look great and passable but then i see the pictures and i see that i don't have a chance. On the other hand i can't believe how far i've come from my first pics. 20yrs ago and how i much better i look today.

2B Natasha
08-27-2011, 11:41 PM
Funny enough. I almost never take pictures and refuse for the most part to let anyone take pictures of me. I find it interesting that everyone here takes tons of pictures

Marissa
08-27-2011, 11:48 PM
Sometimes.. taking pics brings out a side of you that you don't normally see..for me in drab mode, I look very grumpy..but dressed, I smile alot..and have fun with it all.. so its a sense of expression of who I feel I'm being..which is maybe the real me..who knows..lol..

VioletJourney
08-27-2011, 11:54 PM
To share my dressup fun with all of you! :hugs:

Oh, and this.

Stephenie S
08-27-2011, 11:58 PM

Uh, huh!
Uh, huh!

Stephie

Stephenie S
08-28-2011, 12:14 AM
Seriously, now, I would love to learn how to do all that stuff. I have never taken a picture of my self (oh I tried holding the camera out from my body, but nothing ever lined up), and so there are VERY few pictures of me AT ALL. Can you count to three? Yeah. Maybe I have three pictures of myself.

I have a decent camera and I can take nice pictures of others, and scenery, and even short movies with it. But I can't figure out how you would take pictures of your self.

Stephie

Of course I could hire a photographer to follow me around for a day. Yeah, just add that to my "If I Were Rich" list of things I could do if only I were rich.

S

Pythos
08-28-2011, 12:21 AM
Because I like to get feedback, and it also helps I think I don't look half bad when dressed up. I love how different I look from my everyday normal styles. LOL

TGMarla
08-28-2011, 12:53 AM
I take pictures when I'm modelling a new dress, or when I haven't worn something in a long while. Primarily, I do so for a three reasons, most of which have already been mentioned in this thread:

I like to get an image of myself other than the mirror,
I like to share my latest aquisitions with all of you,
and I like the feedback on how my look is progressing.

Mostly it's simply because I like to share my femme moments with all of you.

DebbieL
08-28-2011, 01:41 AM
It's very understandable. When you dress up and do the make-up and you are trying to look your best, it's something we don't get to do everyday. Taking a picture lets us enjoy and re-experience those wonderful moments when we feel beatiful, feminine, sexy, attractive, and desirable, even if only to ourselves. When we get "dolled up", we get to be beautiful the way WE want to be beautiful. We get to be sexy the way WE want to be sexy. In fact, if a partner or friend asks us to "tone it down" and wear longer skirts, looser pants, or a plain cotton blouse that's loose and baggy, it might make it easier for us to "pass", but it's not nearly as much fun.

Taking pictures also helps us to get feedback and see ourselves the way others see us. A good photographer can help get the best angles, the best lighting, and can even provide a bit of touch-up to make us look more beautiful than we really are. The cell phone pictures taken by a friend, that capture several angles, some flattering and some not, give us a chance to relive our time as "Cinderella at the Ball" and at the same time, help us to be even better at the next event.

Phylis Nicole Schuyler
08-28-2011, 07:10 AM
Amen! Your looks are hot. Wish I could get there.

Wendy_Marie
08-28-2011, 07:49 AM
Theres a saying that "The camera doesn't Lie." Well, that may be so, but it does sometimes stretch the truth a bit.

My main useage for the camera is to evaluate how certain clothing looks on me...I can look in a mirror when I am "In the Moment" and see a totally different image than I see a few hours later looking with a more objective eye at the photos....I am however relying less and less on the camera and I have found I delete more pics than I save.

Edwina
08-28-2011, 08:11 AM

And modest with it :heehee: Well you are entitled Lass.

I also take photos when fully dressed. I think it is a memory jogger for the times when I can't. :heehee:

suzy1
08-28-2011, 08:14 AM
I take pictures so I can show off here. I am totally vain and I don’t mind admitting it!
What do you expect from a girl like me? I am only being honest.

SUZY

Kaz
08-28-2011, 08:19 AM
Theres a saying that "The camera doesn't Lie." Well, that may be so, but it does sometimes stretch the truth a bit.

My main useage for the camera is to evaluate how certain clothing looks on me...I can look in a mirror when I am "In the Moment" and see a totally different image than I see a few hours later looking with a more objective eye at the photos....I am however relying less and less on the camera and I have found I delete more pics than I save.

I have loads more pics that I don't post, where I don't look so good! But I have more pics of my wife not looking good too! the camera is a strange thing as it capture a still image that we rarely see in real life.

I take pics whenever I get a chance, as long as I am fully made-up etc.. I do not want to see a pic of a guy in a dress. Someone once asked for a transformation sequence and I must admit I like seeing other people do that and what they can achieve (and how they do it) but that doesn't motivate me. I like to Kaz and I post for three reasons really... a) to get feedback, b) because this puts Kaz 'out there' and she becomes more 'real', and c) to give confidence to others that we can be illusionists sometimes!

NicoleScott
08-28-2011, 08:24 AM
The camera doesn't lie. But that was before photo-editing software. Creams, lotions, and face spackle help to reduce wrinkles. Photo-editing software removes them. I take photos, lots of them, for all the reasons mentioned. I do go back and look at my old pics.

Equipment doesn't have to be expensive. Digital camera with shutter timer and a tripod. Good lighting is the key to good pics. Like dressing and making up, experiment and practice with picture taking will make you better at it.

TGMarla
08-28-2011, 09:47 AM
LOL....the camera doesn't lie. That's why we have makeup, fake boobs, prosthetics, waist cinchers, wigs..........and so on! :tongueout

Cheryl T
08-28-2011, 09:52 AM
I take lots of pictures to remember my appearance at different stages and see how I've changed over time.
I also use it to critique my appearance. The mirror lies...when I look there I can delude myself into thinking I look beautiful, slender, sexy, hot, whatever...but when I look at the pics I'm more detached and more critical and more honest.
I love sharing pics and seeing how others look, especially those in my age group. I enjoy looking at the styles they wear and wondering if a look might work for me. Besides, aren't we all a bit narcissistic?

Samantha43
08-28-2011, 10:09 AM

I thought everyone would get a kick out of that!

I've never really given much thought as to why I take pictures. The best reason I can think of is to document how I look at a particular time in my life. I don't take pictures every time I dress, only when I have a look that I like. It's fun to look back at pictures I took many years ago and see how far I've come with my look. It amazes me how I can take an ugly guy and transform him into a fairly attractive woman. I'm really not that artistic!

Samantha43
08-28-2011, 10:20 AM
Seriously, now, I would love to learn how to do all that stuff. I have never taken a picture of my self (oh I tried holding the camera out from my body, but nothing ever lined up), and so there are VERY few pictures of me AT ALL. Can you count to three? Yeah. Maybe I have three pictures of myself.

I have a decent camera and I can take nice pictures of others, and scenery, and even short movies with it. But I can't figure out how you would take pictures of your self.

Stephie

Of course I could hire a photographer to follow me around for a day. Yeah, just add that to my "If I Were Rich" list of things I could do if only I were rich.

S

Purchase a tripod and use the timer on your camera. Make sure the lighting and background are good and click away! If you're like me, you'll have to take many pictures to get a few that you like.

suchacutie
08-28-2011, 10:26 AM
I guess I us mirrors for the feedback I need and have taken very few pictures! I find mirrors incredibly harsh on my presentation. I remember a bit ago that I really thought Tina looked terrific and as she walked past a mirror her walk and deportment was a mess!!! Arg! That sure sent her back to the drawing board.

So, that makes me think that videos would be much better than pictures as it gives an idea of the flow! Anyone take videos regularly?

tina

PretzelGirl
08-28-2011, 10:53 AM
I am certainly not much of a picture taker. I do dress often and I just looked and I have 209 if I don't count the ones I have from Diva Las Vegas (and most of those were other people's pictures). And some of those 209 were sent from other people also. Once I am dressed, I am ready to do something and my patience doesn't allow me to take on a good picture taking effort. The few I do take are so that I can track my progression (or aging depending on how real you want it :heehee:). I guess it all comes down to our reasons for dressing and that will probably translate roughly into our picture taking efforts.

Roberta Marie
08-28-2011, 11:16 AM
I seem to be in the minority. I am much more comfortable behind the camera than in front of it.

MaidInCan
08-28-2011, 11:15 PM
I too have lots of pictures but use them mainly to see how I look when mixing different combinations whether it be bras and panties, blouses and skirt. Or the different colors and styles of undergarments. Also to determine whether the style of a dress suits me and my mood that particular day.

Eryn
08-29-2011, 12:22 AM
I take a few pictures to mark occasions or fun outings, but most of them are to record what outfit I wore, what my makeup looked like (or how it held up hours later) or other mundane things. It helps when shopping to remember exactly what that skirt in the closet looked like if I find a top that might go with it. people tend to take pictures of things that are special to them and being dressed is special to me.

rachaelsloane
08-29-2011, 12:02 PM
Danni,
I only started to take pictures after I joined here. In one of my first picture posts I also asked "Do we post for sharing and acceptance or as an alternative to going out?" The answers were mixed, but I my case, I have not gone out yet and find everyone's comments encouraging to the point that I am closer to going out.
R