PDA

View Full Version : I just did the COIATI Test

vetobob9
08-27-2011, 09:10 PM
I did that test online. Based on what you know from my posts, what do you think the results were? This should be fun.

1. Mostly Male
2. Mostly Female
3. Half male Half Female

sissystephanie
08-27-2011, 09:22 PM
I have no idea what that test is, so I am just going to take a guess! My answer would be number 2! Is that right?

Danielle.N
08-27-2011, 09:22 PM
Just use that test for a bit of fun, not for any major decision making!

vetobob9
08-27-2011, 09:33 PM
Just use that test for a bit of fun, not for any major decision making!

I just found out after googling the person who created it. Good thing I googled her. Regretful that some in the medical field are actually using this instead of creating a more thorough test as she suggested.

izzfan
08-27-2011, 10:05 PM
I've done the COGIATI test a couple of times at random points in my life and the results always came out as "Androgyne" for me. It's an interesting test to do but don't take the results of it too seriously.

Plus, Jennifer Diane Reitz has also got a list of thought-provoking questions on her website which are far more interesting than the COGIATI in my opinion (and they can be found on the same page as the COGIATI tests, just scroll down the page to "Informal Gender Identity Self Discovery Provacateur"). I'm not sure if I can post links on here or not, but it's worth a look.

Not to mention that she's also written some pretty interesting sci-fi/fantasy webcomics too, "Unicorn Jelly" is definately worth reading.

ValRom
08-27-2011, 10:12 PM
Another test (I think with a little more scientific cred - but only a little more lol) is that from the BBC show on brain sex - http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/sex/add_user.shtml

Pythos
08-27-2011, 10:54 PM
I have taken this test and always group 3, androgen. Which I am perfectly fine with. I do wish a more "real" test would be made.

I just took the one that was linked my ValRom.

Surprise surprise surprise, I am have a blend of male and female thought processes. LOL..

Thought on the engineering on with the rotated shapes I scored really high.

I also prefer more "feminine" faces too. LOL (wonders never cease).

Loveday
08-27-2011, 11:13 PM
Well I just did the test and it says I got a FOUR, PROBABLE TRANSSEXUAL, score of 170. The test I did on my facebook page says I am 80 percent girlish, 20 percent biyish. The BBC test says my brain i s more male. I don't get it - I thoughyt I was Str8 crossdresser.

UNDERDRESSER
08-27-2011, 11:19 PM
Huh, -55 Androgynous.

It suggests I should seek counseling to allow me to express myself better as to how i feel at any given time.

I'm skipping the counseling, but my situation has changed lately, and I'm in a situation ( particularly at work ) where I feel more comfortable about doing this anyway, so 'm embarking on a plan of small steps. Currently shaving my legs, going to get some extensive waxing done next.

vetobob9
08-27-2011, 11:44 PM
Another test (I think with a little more scientific cred - but only a little more lol) is that from the BBC show on brain sex - http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/sex/add_user.shtml

yes I took that one after having questions about the validity of the Cog. It told me the same result but this time based on science. Ironically, I had to do the Cog manually because it was not interactive. Got a score of 120. Someone showed me an interactive version. I think the options to the questions were different on some and my score on the interactive was 205. I think I'll be better off going with the BBC science type test. It would probably be more accurate. at least the score is less likely to jump around.

Nicole Erin
08-27-2011, 11:50 PM
All those types of tests are strictly for entertainment.

thing is, people who believe in them are the ones who got the results they hoped and those who think they are BS didn;t get the results they hoped.

Intertwined
08-27-2011, 11:53 PM
My results sound right to me...

Your COGIATI result value is: -85 Which means that you fall within the following category:
COGIATI classification THREE, ANDROGYNE

vetobob9
08-27-2011, 11:53 PM
All those types of tests are strictly for entertainment.

thing is, people who believe in them are the ones who got the results they hoped and those who think they are BS didn;t get the results they hoped.
I think one way to see if a test is good or not, is to retake it. If your score changes, then there probably problems with the reliability of the test.

I did Cog. twice and the score changed, raising questions about its reliability and accuracy.

The first time I did the COGIATI it told me I was category 3: androgyne.
The second time it told me I was category 4: Probable Transsexual.
The BBC test, puts me in the androgen or bigendered zone.

Basically I would not be advised to seek full transformation but only partial if I was interested. The second result of the Cog claimed I should seek immediate help to lop it off. Sorry but I am not ready for that because I have no children yet and my bio bag is the only way I will be able to procreate. I already have greatly reduced risk of never having kids because one testi was undescended. I'd like to take advantage of the functioning one first. Problem is with finding someone to accept the gift.

Aeron
08-28-2011, 12:50 AM
Androgyne on the COGIATI, dead cventer on the BBC test. Interesting.

vetobob9
08-28-2011, 01:46 AM
I just looked up androgyne.

http://gender.wikia.com/wiki/Androgyne

An androgyne is a person who is both feminine and masculine at the same time. The sexuality of androgynes is also very diverse: some are gynephiles (they like women), some are androphile (they like men), some are bisexual or pansexual and a few can be asexual or aromantic. Those who like women may identify as lesbians, even if their body is male (see also: male lesbian). Some androgynes may have a sexual or romantic preference for other androgynes, either of the same, of the other sex, or of either sex. While a male lesbian femandrogyne may be mistaken for a heterosexual man (if their sexuality is obvious) they are in fact out of heteronormativity since they're to a large degree same-gender loving: that is, they like people of the other sex (females) but of a gender very similar to them (women), and if they are fully same-gender loving they may seek female femandrogynes who like males. There is no correlation between androgyny and dominance or submissiveness in sexual relations (so it's possible for a femandrogyne to be a top). The legal gender of androgynes is usually that assigned to them based on their body type (so male androgynes are legally recognized as men, and female androgynes as women). However, this assignment is wrong as it was based on the mistaken assumption of the doctors that anatomical sex and gender is the same thing. an androgyne feels different from men and women and therefore no toilet facility fully matches their gender identity, albeit they usually go to the toilet assigned to their legal gender due to social pressure.

many androgynes may suffer from depression or other issues because of the negative experiences associated with social rejection. Androgynes may sometimes be mistaken for gay men or lesbian women and may face homophobia or even violent attacks. Some androgynes who are stigmatized due to social rejection may become asocial and feel lonely, to the point of refusing to hold a job (since it's impossible to separate gender from social interaction at work, and few to no employers are willing to hire androgynes), or may refuse to enter into sexual or romantic relationships which they may perceive as a threat to their gender identity since their significant other(s) would probably expect them to live up to the social expectations of their legal gender.
That sounds like me to the letter.

many androgynes may suffer from depression or other issues because of the negative experiences associated with social rejection. Androgynes may sometimes be mistaken for gay men or lesbian women and may face homophobia or even violent attacks. Some androgynes who are stigmatized due to social rejection may become asocial and feel lonely, to the point of refusing to hold a job (since it's impossible to separate gender from social interaction at work, and few to no employers are willing to hire androgynes), or may refuse to enter into sexual or romantic relationships which they may perceive as a threat to their gender identity since their significant other(s) would probably expect them to live up to the social expectations of their legal gender.

Many androgynes can be present in the same genetic family: an androgyne can be the biological parent of another androgyne, and they may even be the same kind of androgyne (e.g. femandrogynes). This suggests that androgyny is genetic

Darn it. I knew it. Ok. I demand an end to social injustice. We androgynes must have our own restrooms. We are tired of using the male and female bathrooms that are always smelly, funky, vandalized, and look like someone blew their noses in the sinks. We either get our own restrooms or we launch a million androgyne march on Washington DC. j/k lol

But we really would like our own restrooms.

Then again, perhaps in light of the social injustices directed at androgynes, perhaps we should march on Washington and demand our rights. All the social problems described in that paragraph. I've been very much stigmatized. I suffered almost all of them. I've been called gay, refused jobs for not having the look "of a real man". This has caused me depression and withdrawal. Most recently I've been subjected to homophobic assaults from my own brother and unwelcome comments from his friends and from people in the community. I have become asocial and I do feel alone. I feel like a second class citizen.

nikkijo
08-28-2011, 04:05 AM
done the COGIATI test twice.. scored within 1 or 2 points at 233-235.. each time. which is high catagory 4. taking bbc test now...

came up as matching the womans averge....

Wendy_Marie
08-28-2011, 08:37 AM
I took the COIATI this morning for fun and found that it really didn't have any information about me that I didn't already know.

I scored a 230 on it which puts me in the classifacation of IV...If you have not already, consider joining any of the thousands of groups devoted to gender expression of various kinds. There is literally a world of friends to discover who share your interests. There are also publications, vacations, and activities that would expand your gender expression.

Who knew? Oh yeah, thats right I did....:D

I don't see this as ever being a serious test for Medical/Mental Porfessionals....It would be so very easy to skew the results one way or the other with just a few critical choices.

StarrOfDelite
08-28-2011, 12:57 PM
Scored a 165 on the COGIATI, which is Classification 4. Possible Transsexual. According to the test my internal gender identity is essentially feminine, but with some masculine or androgynous traits. It is very possible that I am a candidate for a diagnosis of transsexualism, and I show a "strong degree of gender dyphoria."

On the BBC Science & Nature Test I scored a 25 points on the Female Brain side. The average for gender women is 50 points on the Female Brain, and the average for men is 50 on the Male Brain side.

I agree that the COGIATI could easily be manipulated, but the BBC is quite objective.

If it wasn't for Irene I'd go buy myself a new blouse.

Laura'sCloud
08-28-2011, 01:20 PM
I have done the COGIATI test a couple of times usually it comes up androgynous, but more recently it has come up as possible transexual.

StarrOfDelite
08-28-2011, 01:56 PM
Here's another test. This one is for both cross-genderism, and has a secondary test for crossdressing.

http://androgyne.0catch.com/gentest2.htm

I hope the link works, I'm usually a klutz about copying url.

I scored high on the crossgender identity test, and very low on the crossgender feminization (crossdressing) test.

Be warned, you will need a pencil/pen and sheet of paper to do this, as the test format is not linked to the scoring information.

p.s. I got a ten on the identity test, and a three on the feminization test, which is probably about right. I think and react emotionally in a feminine type personality, but don't feel an urgent need to dress outwardly to express my inner woman. This might have something to do with being divorced and living alone and semi-out, so that I can wear women's clothes anytime.

DebbieL
08-28-2011, 03:14 PM
Got 14 out of 14 for Gender Identity on this one
Only 6 of 12 on the "actual feminization" test. I've WANTED to do more, but haven't actually done it.
http://androgyne.0catch.com/gentest2.htm

I scored 385 - quadrant 4 - no surprise there either.

My only regret is that I wasn't able to get the right kind of treatment when I was much younger. I was in regular therapy from the time I was 8, and tried numerous times to tell my therapist, a psychologist I was seeing daily, about it, and he made it clear that he understood my feelings, but we could not talk about it. Back in the mid-60s, cross-dressing was illegal, Christine Jorgensen had to go to Sweden to get her sex change, and almost wasn't allowed to return. At that time, attempting to offer treatment or counciling could have cost him his license. Thank goodness things have changed and the medical community has learned to treat it.

Pythos
08-28-2011, 04:27 PM
Wow, this test http://androgyne.0catch.com/gentest2.htm is really executed horribly.

I got a 5 on the first part, and a 0 on the second.

I thought this test was also really heavy on the "cross genders must be gay" kind of thing too. Too many questions asking if in a certain role you are attracted to men. But it turns out, those as well as the numerous sexual arousal questions were distractors...that was actually clever.

They don't even have any real kind of scoring system. They only offer for 7 -14, and you get the numbers are "not so strong" ? What does that mean.

I wish the scoring made a little more sense though.

NathalieX66
08-28-2011, 06:50 PM
COGIATI
Fake but fun.
Unless it's something endorsed by the American Psychological Association, or any other reputable health /psychological association, i'm not buying it.

People are too varied, there is no stereotype. Are you an apple or an orange? Do you prefer cats or dogs? Do you like pizza with pepperoni & mushrooms or pizza with peppers & onions? Are you right handed or left handed?

suchacutie
08-28-2011, 07:51 PM
I just did the BBC test and I'm sitting here laughing. On average I was smack in the middle, but that's because in each of the individual tests I was either very male or very female!

Yup, that's me!

Loretta
08-28-2011, 07:58 PM
COAGITI and that other test tells me I'm a class 4: POSSIBLE TRANSSEXUAL
BBC test tells me I have a balanced mind.

This confuses me.

vetobob9
08-29-2011, 12:28 AM
COAGITI and that other test tells me I'm a class 4: POSSIBLE TRANSSEXUAL
BBC test tells me I have a balanced mind.

This confuses me.
If any of them are going to be accurate, I would say that the BBC is most likely of the 4 to be accurate because it is scientifically based. What it does is measure whether your brain is feminine or masculine or somewhere in between.
The other 3 seem to be based on either stereotype or preconcieved prejudices.

EDIT: On the Gender Test I scored a 11 out of 14 on the Cross Gender Identity Portion and a 0 out of 12 on the "simply a crossdresser" section. But the test is based on out of date concepts.

Jane G
08-29-2011, 04:39 AM
I just did the BBC test for a laugh, scored exactly in the middle, neither male or female brain, which is interesting. So does this mean I can spend 12 hours dressed, every day. Sounds like a plan.

suzy1
08-29-2011, 05:40 AM
I have just done the test and got a 0. It says I am Androgyne, male and female at the same time.
I am happy with that.
It then says counselling might prove helpful…………..I don’t think so!
But it then says joining a group devoted to gender issues would be good.
Well I have done that by being here with you lot.

So Suzy goes happily on her way.

susancheerleader
08-29-2011, 08:25 AM
Your COGIATI result value is: 130 Which means that you fall within the following category:
COGIATI classification FOUR, PROBABLE TRANSSEXUAL

vetobob9
08-29-2011, 04:49 PM
I just did the BBC test for a laugh, scored exactly in the middle, neither male or female brain, which is interesting. So does this mean I can spend 12 hours dressed, every day. Sounds like a plan.

Technically it means you could mix male clothes with female clothes if you wanted to. Or you go with male or female whenever you like.

mercterr
08-29-2011, 06:57 PM
I scored a -250 on the COIATI. Category 2 a feminine male. That actually sounds about right for me. As suggested, I am in counseling trying to tame my shame and I am here taking advantage of one of the thousands of support groups on line, so I am right on track!

Fantastic!

So when does it all start to feel right?

Maiko Newhalf
08-29-2011, 07:07 PM
I took the test before and the result was class 4 probable transsexual.

cassandra54
08-29-2011, 08:38 PM
I took the test. I got -25, which made me class 3 ANDROGYNE. Hard word to spell. This does not surprise me, since I have taken some other tests, (don't now how reliable they are) which say that I am equally left and right brained. I believe that this is true since I have a degree in Electronics, but love writing poetry and doing photography. I am also bisexual,live with a SO in a semi-platonic relationship. I don't have to be en femme with a guy, but I am really particular about what kind of experiences I have with members of the same sex. And yes, my SO knows everything I do. I feel I am blessed, because I can enjoy so many things.

Katie83
08-31-2011, 03:13 PM
I've just done this test i got a score of 85 which is COGIATI class three ANDROGYNE. Which is probably where i would have guessed i'd be!!
Katie

MarissaWB
08-31-2011, 04:12 PM
I have taken the test twice, and both times it has classified me as an Androgyne. Shocking! Okay, not really a surprise.

ReineD
09-01-2011, 01:51 AM
This has caused me depression and withdrawal. Most recently I've been subjected to homophobic assaults from my own brother and unwelcome comments from his friends and from people in the community. I have become asocial and I do feel alone. I feel like a second class citizen.

I'm sorry you feel this way. :sad: :hugs: Is there someone with whom you can talk about this?

Just a word of advice ... if you want feedback on your feelings, don't start off a thread with "cogiatti". Around these parts, people become twitterpated (the term is from "Bambi"), the minute you suggest a way they might measure their femininity.

ValRom
09-01-2011, 08:28 AM
I just looked up androgyne.

http://gender.wikia.com/wiki/Androgyne

Then again, perhaps in light of the social injustices directed at androgynes, perhaps we should march on Washington and demand our rights. All the social problems described in that paragraph. I've been very much stigmatized. I suffered almost all of them. I've been called gay, refused jobs for not having the look "of a real man". This has caused me depression and withdrawal. Most recently I've been subjected to homophobic assaults from my own brother and unwelcome comments from his friends and from people in the community. I have become asocial and I do feel alone. I feel like a second class citizen.

Bob - I'm sorry you're experiencing all this ... my good friend Ariadne is androgyne and she is so proud of being able to blend into both worlds as SHE chooses ... but she most certainly chooses to present in one of the two binary modes.
It seems to me your brother needs help in getting through his feelings of discomfort.
There's a very recent article on the web about a kid who got bullied, took training in jiu jitsu - his mom enrolled him in the course over summer vacation, then was confronted by his bully when school began. He forcefully but unharmingly(?) confronted the bully, the bully was so surprised that he stopped his behavior.
Is there anybody fun and positive you can pal around with? A GG, CD or T woman? You're certainly not a 2nd class citizen! Is there a TGLBQI center that you can go to for activities or friendship? Jeezim, what is gay pride and trans pride all about? It's about you.

vetobob9
09-01-2011, 04:51 PM
at the moment I am talking to no one about it. However an interesting thing happened. After I made that post here, I went to my Facebook account and updated my status which I usually do with political commentary. I posted that androgynes have the same right to justice and equal and fair treatment that everyone else has in our society. What is interesting is that by the next morning one my brother's friends, a female who is against alternate lifestyles, actually agreed, and so did a lot of the other people on there. Most of them being military and political acquaintances. I am not sure why but I did not expect conservative values people to agree that people who live androgynously should be permitted the same equal and fair treatment afforded to everyone else.
My neice is bi. However when I started telling her, I stopped because of her initial reaction which was confusion. I decided it was not the right time yet. I was telling my sister, her mom, that when I was in California I wore jeans. She remembered that I did not like to wear jeans. Which is true. Then I said I wore women's jeans because they fit better. But I do not think she understood what I was saying. lol
Earlier she was looking at purses and asked me which one I would get. I responded that I wouldn't know. She said, "Your not that type of person." jokingly. A minute later I responded, "If I was, however, knowing how I dress, I would most likely pick out a solid color."

My neice knows I wear bras so I think she has an idea. Fortunately they are not being negative about it. My other brother crossdresses too but he is not supportive at all. And I think most of my nephews have tried it at some point but they all got in trouble for it. I think my family proves what the instructor taught in that class I took, and she showed us research that indicated that things like homosexuality, crossdressing, transgenderism, tend to run in families.

xxchloexx
09-01-2011, 04:54 PM
i did it and got A SCORE of 300 thats good for me i take it???

ReineD
09-01-2011, 05:25 PM
However an interesting thing happened. After I made that post here, I went to my Facebook account and updated my status which I usually do with political commentary. I posted that androgynes have the same right to justice and equal and fair treatment that everyone else has in our society. What is interesting is that by the next morning one my brother's friends, a female who is against alternate lifestyles, actually agreed, and so did a lot of the other people on there. Most of them being military and political acquaintances. I am not sure why but I did not expect conservative values people to agree that people who live androgynously should be permitted the same equal and fair treatment afforded to everyone else.

What a wonderful way to be proactive! Good for you! I hope it made you feel better and not quite so alone.

I gather you are a student and I wonder if you ever thought of joining GLBTQ groups on campus, or even if there is a trans group you might look into?

My other brother crossdresses too but he is not supportive at all.

I don't understand. How can he justify not supporting you, especially since you share a family bond?

vetobob9
09-01-2011, 05:59 PM
i did it and got A SCORE of 300 thats good for me i take it???

It's been determined that these aren't scientifically reliable. The one on the BBC link shows promise but I think it needs further development. They are only good for the fun of it.

I graduated last June with a BA. I've been wanting to go back and either get my MA or a JD because I still funds left on my Post 9/11 GI Bill. However I have not had the right environment until now. I did get letters of recommendation from the professors I had taken but I have since moved out of state. I am now closer to UT than I am to CSUF.
Plus I need to take the LSAT, which I dread because I am not prepared for it. Graduate school would be easier but if I had a law degree I could give legal advice without breaking the law. I just need to prep for the LSAT but I won't be ready for the Oct 11 test date. To get into law school for next year, I need to pass the LSAT by the end December. If I put it off a year to properly prep, I could use the extra time to find work and build up a cash reserve since UTLS is apparently one of those places where they expect you to quit your job and focus only on your classes. I am going to need a cash reserve for that since the BAH difference between Fullerton and Austin will cause me to lose about $1,100 in benefits.

As for my brother, I cannot speak for him since our life paths have been different. But I do know that when my more bigoted younger brother asked him why he was wearing women's undergarments, his exact response was, "It's a transsexual thing."

But he is from a different era entirely. So his approach is different. I just accept it as is and hope that others will do the same for me.

Do to others as you would have them do to you.

Linda Daniels
09-02-2011, 08:13 PM
OK... I just too the test and ended up with a score of 300...I have read many results here with a large range of scores...I realize that this is just a silly test, but it truly must mean something? Can any one help me interpret my results?

RachelOKC
09-02-2011, 09:55 PM
OK... I just too the test and ended up with a score of 300...I have read many results here with a large range of scores...I realize that this is just a silly test, but it truly must mean something? Can any one help me interpret my results?

You had it right with the word "silly". This so called test doesn't mean anything other than what you want it to mean. It has absolutely no basis in scientific methodology and is geared toward a very specific target - MTF transpeople. It's full of gender stereotypes that are dated and laughable. It is nothing but sheer fluff, yet people place a lot of value in their score. If you want to figure out your place in the gender spectrum, start reading a lot of books, ask a lot of questions, and talk to a therapist. Don't rely on garbage "gender tests".

Chiana
09-02-2011, 11:30 PM
The BBC test seems more interesting to me. The answers are a little less transparent and not so obvious as to what you think you should answer. I scored solidly in the "female" scale on that test. Androgynous on the COGIATI.

ReineD
09-08-2011, 05:46 PM
I finally took the BBC test. Oddly enough, I scored higher than men on the tests that men dominate, and I scored higher than women on the tests that women dominate. There was one test I failed miserably .. remembering which objects were moved but this is not surprising for me. I have a difficult time sorting through jumbles (ADHD). My preference for faces is masculine and my ring finger is shorter than my index.

They placed me at the 50 mark, on the male side. :straightface:

vetobob9
09-09-2011, 01:03 AM
I finally took the BBC test. Oddly enough, I scored higher than men on the tests that men dominate, and I scored higher than women on the tests that women dominate. There was one test I failed miserably .. remembering which objects were moved but this is not surprising for me. I have a difficult time sorting through jumbles (ADHD). My preference for faces is masculine and my ring finger is shorter than my index.

They placed me at the 50 mark, on the male side. :straightface:

I missed that part too. I would not put too much stock on finger lengths because there are questions how they did it.

But the following articles provide some information on the matter:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/success-isnt-written-in-the-stars-its-in-the-length-of-your-fingers-1334251.html

There is also this from wikianswers which proves there are problems with the finding:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_it_mean_if_your_ring_finger_is_longer_th an_your_index_finger

I hypothesize that the problem is they used a small sample and transferred the results of that to the entire global population of humans. To approach anything resembling true statistical accuracy, you need a sample of at least 1,000 males and 1,000 females to see if this can indeed be used to define the general human population. My hunch is they only used 20 to 30 people, 50 max.

ReineD
09-09-2011, 02:45 AM
I hypothesize that the problem is they used a small sample and transferred the results of that to the entire global population of humans. To approach anything resembling true statistical accuracy, you need a sample of at least 1,000 males and 1,000 females to see if this can indeed be used to define the general human population. My hunch is they only used 20 to 30 people, 50 max.

That's possible. I just assumed the average results of everyone who took the online test is in a database that continually updates the site. Still, in either scenario there's no telling how many people took the test and I agree they would need a large sample for any average to be meaningful.

Adriennegrl
09-09-2011, 01:02 PM
For what it's worth, and a big grain of salt, I scored 170 (probable TS) on the COGIATI and for the BBC test I got a female 50.

erica2
09-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Interesting test.... I got a class 3 Androgyne. Ok.... next?

I am Erica 2