PDA

View Full Version : Opinon's needed

tiffiany
10-11-2005, 09:18 PM
I bought a pair of womens boots which are brown and would like to wear them with jeans in male attire. The jeans that I would like to wear would cover up the heel but the clicking noise of the heels on pavement makes me hesitate to wear them out. Plus the fact that the front of the boots are narrower than normal boots for men.

Do you think anybody would notice or even care that I'm wearing them?
Thanks in advance.

Laurie Ann
10-11-2005, 09:20 PM
Only one way to find out. Go for it girl

Jennifer in CO
10-11-2005, 09:20 PM
go fot it Tiff...do it all the time...you just have to get used to the click unless they are spike heels then the heel is gonna show at some point. I wear mine quite often (block heel)

Jenn

Rachel Morley
10-11-2005, 09:24 PM
Hi Tiffiany,

Wow! you sound just like me. I have just bought some black womens' ankle boots that zip up the inside. They too have a slightly more narrow toe area. My boots have a 2 inch heel and they do have a fairly solid "clunk" when I walk. I plan on wearing them with my women's boot cut jeans and a cardigan as a guy.

I'm not entirely sure how much people will notice, let me know how you get on and I'll share my experience with you too. I'm hoping it'll be just fine.

P.S. boots, womens jeans and a cardigan make me feel very femme.

tiffiany
10-11-2005, 09:34 PM
you just have to get used to the click unless they are spike heels then the heel is gonna show at some point. I wear mine quite often (block heel)There not spiked heels as these were bought at payless. There more of a rounded block of a heel.

Wow! you sound just like me. I have just bought some black womens' ankle boots that zip up the inside. They too have a slightly more narrow toe area. My boots have a 2 inch heel and they do have a fairly solid "clunk" when I walk. I plan on wearing them with my women's boot cut jeans and a cardigan as a guy.

I'm not entirely sure how much people will notice, let me know how you get on and I'll share my experience with you too. I'm hoping it'll be just fine.

P.S. boots, womens jeans and a cardigan make me feel very femme.
There similar to what you bought. When I get a chance to try them out, I will let you know. Im just trying to decide where to try them out, any sugestions?

Rachel Morley
10-11-2005, 09:38 PM
Im just trying to decide where to try them out, any sugestions?

Well, I'm thinking of just going about my normal business of being me and wearing them. You know going to the post office, or a quick trip to the ATM, or maybe getting take out food etc. I won't be wearing mine to work though ;)

Francine
10-11-2005, 09:42 PM
Go for it girl!
:)

Francine

knelson
10-11-2005, 10:33 PM
try this - take a piece of duct tape and place in on the heel of the boot. Then take a knife (children don't try this without adult supervision) and cut around it until it is not noticable. Repeat it again. This will deaden the sound a little so it is not so noticeable

Good luck - Karen

Denise01
10-11-2005, 11:29 PM
Hi Tiffany:

I have 2 pair of boots like you describe, one pair ankle height that zip up on the inside, and one pair of taller boots that zip up and come about an inch or so below the knee.
I too bought them at Payless.
I wear them all the time, under my male slacks, and no one has even looked sideways at them. I always wear panty hose when wearing them as well.
With narrow feet, ladies shoes and boots fit much better as the narrowest mens shoe is too wide, yet a ladies fit like a glove.
As the lady assistant mgr of a shoe outlet i go to says, if a person has time to look at what kind of shoes a person is wearing, they do not have much to do.
Ladies shoes fit me great and I love them

Denise

SheilaTV
10-12-2005, 07:25 AM
Francine and Laurie Ann are right.

Go for it. It's the only way.

Good luck!

paulacd
10-12-2005, 10:45 AM
Just do it!!

I think you'll find that nobody even notices, and if they do, they won't take a second glance or say anything.

Paula.

Julie York
10-12-2005, 11:01 AM
I'm so relieved to hear that they aren't thigh high boots with a 5 inch stilletoe heel.....:D (you had to be there to get the joke sorry.)

It sounds an interesting project. But is the idea to wear them and simply enjoy the fact that you are wearing them?..or to wear them and KNOW you are wearing them and other people don't know? Like a dare sort of thing?

If you see what I mean.

Wendy me
10-12-2005, 11:58 AM
i would just say if you want to wear them go for it if thay make you think someone will notice and that worryes you then rethink your plan....

urban gypsy
10-12-2005, 12:03 PM
Go for it, and let others worry about the noise. because life's to short to worry yourself.

tiffiany
10-12-2005, 02:34 PM
It sounds an interesting project. But is the idea to wear them and simply enjoy the fact that you are wearing them?..or to wear them and KNOW you are wearing them and other people don't know? Like a dare sort of thing?The idea is to wear them and simply enjoy the fact that Im wearing them. Im just a little hestiate to wear them out and have people notice that Im wearing them.

A while ago, I went for a walk in my apartment complex with them on. There was no one around, so I was fine. Do any of you drive while wearing womens boots or shoes?

celeste26
10-12-2005, 04:50 PM
There is not a chance that someone would notice. People just dont pay attention to things like that. Your worry is baseless.

Boots are boots are boots wear them girl

Jennifer in CO
10-12-2005, 05:32 PM
Tiff, sounds like a similar pair I have - bought from Payless - calf boots - wear them all the time ... you just get used to the heel sound or learn to walk putting the ball of the foot down at the same time as the heel (walk flat) - just like a GG would. Takes some practice, but it comes quickly and is fun to have one more thing about yourself thats a bit more fem than before!!

Jenn