PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else had " That look"

pernille d
08-29-2011, 02:39 PM
About two weeks a go i was talikng to a female co worker and i could just sence it by "that look". She had caught her eye on something but did not want to let on that she was looking but could not stop herself,Then after she had gone its mad panic as of cause i was underdressing that day , so what had she seen or could work out !!!!! i will nwver know from now on i will always wonder if she knows or not .

I bet i am not the only one that has experienced that look.

today i went one better(or worse but who knows) i was underdressing again and i had put some patterened thickish holdups on under my jeans. My jeans are way too long so there was no way of seeing my ankles or what was underneath so i thought !!! . Another co worker came to talk to me and from the angle she was at could see my legs. I got "that look" again, so i instantly guessed what was showing. I had not noticed that when i sat down and i crossed my legs my trousers really rode really high up and you could clearly see that they where nylons not socks . she chatted normally then went away i instantly felt so silly. i think its almost worse than being found out while fully dressed as now i would love to know what she is thinking.

i am not really sure "if" or " how" i should ask her , or maybe ask others in my office if there are rumors flying around about me . is that a good idea or not ????

kimdl93
08-29-2011, 02:54 PM
I think if we're personally very conscious that we're underdressing then we can interpret "looks" consistent with that self consciousness. I have on occassion thought I picked up on that look, only to find out later that it was nothing of the kind.

that being said, I don't know if either of your co-workers may have picked up on a telltale sign, and perhaps neither will you. but take heart from the fact that neither reacted badly - if in fact they saw anything - and at least in the second case, the conversation went on w/o any change. It was a little less clear in the first case, because you really didn't elaborate on what she may have seen that " caught her eye". Any idea, based on where she was looking?

If there are rumors flying about, I suspect you'll hear soon enough. If not, then the question is how well do you know this person and what would be gained or lost from discussing this with her. Its really your call.

marny
08-29-2011, 03:03 PM
I usually get 'that look' when someone looks down at my toenails and takes a long pause!!!! :lol2: i just let it ride .

pernille d
08-29-2011, 03:06 PM
i surpose i better add that the we talked for five mins where from the angle she standing and where i was sitting and the fact i saw her eyes look that way many times she could not help but have seen .

kimdl93
08-29-2011, 03:10 PM
I'm assuming you're talking about your stockings. Maybe she did see them and if so, maybe she didn't find anything wrong with it. Are you interested in talking with her about this?

Karren H
08-29-2011, 03:13 PM
I have a hard time reading other people's expressions.... Some days I looks like everyone's staring at me which means they all know.... And I'm toast.... Other days it appears they all ignore me and are trying to distance themselves from me.... which means they found out and I'm toast... Lucky for me I know that I'm not really paranoid because they really all probably know!

suchacutie
08-29-2011, 03:49 PM
There are all manner of "excuses" that can account for almost any manner of underdressing (compression sock/stockings for one and various forms of very long "male" underwear thigh-high issues).

On the other hand, if you really don't want to raise eyebrows, a bit of prudence might be needed. Or is it that you really do want to get "caught" or to be ambiguous to some extent? :)

tina

DonnaT
08-29-2011, 04:12 PM
You want to know what they were thinking if they did notice, but it's not a good idea to bring it up. Especially if they didn't notice and you are misinterpreting the look. And especially in the office.

Let them notice again, and maybe they'll bring it up. Maybe some patterned stockings next time.

CynthiaD
08-29-2011, 04:37 PM
I wear sheer stockings every day ( pantyhose) and I love to take my shoes off to rest my feet. I've noticed several people staring at my feet with funny looks, although no one except my granddaughter has ever said anything. If anyone asks, it's because I'm diabetic and I need to wear them to aid the circulation in my legs. (The truth -- I have a doctor's order recommending that I wear support stockings.) Depending on the person I would also add that I just like wearing them.

Gaby2
08-29-2011, 04:41 PM
I used to underdress now and again before I had told anybody about my CDing, pernille.
I stopped abruptly after a former friend of mine somehow seemed to notice something I had on, and broke off contact completely. I don't know for sure but I remember that look of hers! Whether true or not, it still spooks me.
Over twenty people now know about my CDing, mostly from me - some from my SO as she tries to cope.
Only my SO has ever seen me live. I have referred a few friends to this site and I've shown one special friend some of my photos. These friends are somewhat curious and wouldn't mind seeing me dressed, as they say. I'm not ready for that yet though.
After telling the first few people a year ago I started to underdress again... but then gave it up completely, as it seemed to be mixing too much of (new, liberated) Gaby with (old, distressed) drab-self.

I can understand your need to underdress at work, pernille, and I think that you are courageous to do so.
Regardless of what your colleagues know or don't know at the moment, I'm sure they will be understanding and accepting when you can talk openly about CDing.
They sound like very respectful people.

:)Gaby

Cynthia Anne
08-29-2011, 04:47 PM
It is said if you play with fire you could get burnt! If you keep playing with fire you WILL get burnt! Perhaps you are trying to get burnt!

Kaz
08-29-2011, 04:48 PM
I used to always cover up with socks, even if I had stockings on. Then I started getting more relaxed and for a long time have been wearing black 60 denier pantyhose to work with no socks. No-one has batted an eyelid as they just look like fine black socks. To be honest not many people notice socks - though maybe GGs do?

I have been even more relaxed over summer and have on occasions wore 10 denier stockings with no socks and like you Pernille assumed my jeans or trousers covered them. I did get 'that look' though from a girl who I know very well a week or so ago and I realised that my ankles were showing and they were 10 denier tan! But what is 'that look'.. we were talking about a rather complex matter and she may have just been resting her eyes somewhere and not seeing... I may find out but at the moment there is a chance she didn't notice and if she did she will possibly be doubting what she thought she saw.

If you want to play safe, either were normal male socks for a while and make sure they get noticed by the co-workers concerned, or try some different patterned men's socks, or if you really want it become the norm... just keep doing it! They will just normalise what they are seeing. The other option is a good one.. you start a conversation about how uncomfortable your compression hosiery was! You may or may not get away with it, but you will have now brought it out in the open and there will be no going back if it doesn't work!

Stephenie S
08-29-2011, 10:09 PM
You want to know what they were thinking if they did notice, but it's not a good idea to bring it up. Especially if they didn't notice and you are misinterpreting the look. And especially in the office.

Oh Donna. You are SO right.

Never, never, never, talk about underwear, yours or someone else's, in or near the office. You could find yourself in a law suit so fast your head would spin.

Happened to me. I made a comment to the girl working next to me that had NOTHING to do with underwear. The girl next to her THOUGHT she heard something she didn't. I was in the foreman's office within the hour. Especially these days, keep the office about work.

And for those who do "underdress"? You will find that 99.9% of the people (maybe ALL the people) just don't care. But don't for a minute think they don't know. You can't wear a bra and have people not notice. What are they, DEAD? People notice when you wear women's underwear. Look around you. Women wear women's underwear and it's quite obvious that they do. MEN wearing women's underwear is even more evident.

But relax. Really, nobody cares. Your buddies may rib you a bit. It may PO your wife. Your pastor may tell you that you just bought a one way ticket down. But everyone else? Sorry, dear, you are just not that important. Nobody cares.

S

janeyb
09-01-2011, 02:25 PM
I got that look yesterday when in a store buying a pair of high heel booty's. i was wearing a pair of tight womens jeans with a flare at the bottom that covered my high heels shoes. two young beautiful women where behind me and one of them was buying two beautiful shapely dresses and i couldn't stop staring at them. i bought the shoes and when exciting the store the alarm went off so the cashier came over to me to check the shoes if they had the detector on them. he pulled them out of the box, checked them inside and out and made a real fuss over the me which brought the attention of these 2 girls. they looked at me up and down and am sure they knew the shoes where for me as they could read my jeans as being femine as well as the shoes gave me that distinctive walk. i actually loved it.

NV Susan
09-01-2011, 02:57 PM
I only remember getting "that look" a few times when a GG has given me a hug....as I remember I'm wearing a bra under my guy clothes.

linda allen
09-01-2011, 03:07 PM
It was already said, but there are reasons to be wearing something that might be mistaken for nylons or panty hose. Not for a bra, though.

I wouldn't bring it up. I wouldn't mention it or complain about anything. Be ready if someone asks, otherwise, drop it.

Mikaela
09-01-2011, 07:03 PM
It was already said, but there are reasons to be wearing something that might be mistaken for nylons or panty hose. Not for a bra, though..

It would still probably be embarrassing, but gynecomastia would.

girlygirly
09-02-2011, 02:08 AM
But relax. Really, nobody cares. Your buddies may rib you a bit. It may PO your wife. Your pastor may tell you that you just bought a one way ticket down. But everyone else? Sorry, dear, you are just not that important. Nobody cares.

S
That's what I've found. I get "that look" from time to time, but usually it's from a female and I see a little smile. And not an unfriendly smile, it's more of a "knowing smile". As long as they seem friendly and aren't calling me a perv or screaming for security, I'll take it as a discreet sort of compliment. They know I'm wearing ladies clothing, and are smiling because they're OK with it.

I only wear ladies clothing, but live a man's life. I've learned what to wear and when not to push the envelope too much. I'm sure some realize, but no one ever confronts me. I get the occasional comment, but even those are rare. I'm happy, and people aren't staring at me.

linda allen
09-02-2011, 07:11 AM
It would still probably be embarrassing, but gynecomastia would.

Up to a point. Something like a skin colored knit bra would be explainable, a pink lace underwire bra would be a stretch.

It's strange, but most men with gynecomastia are terribly embarassed by it and there's a big market for pills and surgery to treat it. Come to this site and all peole ask is "how can I grow breasts?" People are never satisfied.

Gina X
09-02-2011, 08:42 AM
Get in first and complain about your circulation problem and the compression socks.

Can you get thigh high fishnet compression socks ?? LOL

I was in a store once underdressed and a young lady nearby pointed to me and said "that man is wearing a suspender (garter) belt" to her friend I just pretended I didn't know what she meant, but I'll never know how she knew as I was wearing very loose fitting trousers at the time .............

Sookie
09-02-2011, 09:43 AM
I have never been caught under dressing(as far as I know) but did get caught by a female co-worker with a little residual eyeliner. It was the very first time i had tried it the day before, and she just looked at me and said, your eyes look pretty today. i was so embarrassed.

Jenny Doolittle
09-02-2011, 01:21 PM
I think "That Look" is nearly always something that we have been wanting to have happen and that we dress i such a manner that we will eventually get caught. I think it is something that we want to happen so we can say to others, "Yes, I am who I am!" We may be a bit slow to come out to others and this is a way for us to allow it to happen and still say, "Oh My, I did not mean for you to see me." But we really know differently.

Beside, I always love that look anymore.

girlygirly
09-02-2011, 08:34 PM
I think "That Look" is nearly always something that we have been wanting to have happen and that we dress i such a manner that we will eventually get caught. I think it is something that we want to happen so we can say to others, "Yes, I am who I am!" We may be a bit slow to come out to others and this is a way for us to allow it to happen and still say, "Oh My, I did not mean for you to see me." But we really know differently.

Beside, I always love that look anymore.
Yeah, I kinda like it too. I'm not all that anxious to come out to those who know me, but I have no problem with the friendly look from a knowing female. I have no problem with tight flared jeans being noticed, pantylines being noticed, perfume being noticed, or anything being noticed, as long as the worst it will get me is a look I wanted to see anyway.

Jessica Ames
09-02-2011, 11:55 PM
I get the look from time to time. I like to do my shopping often at a cool little second hand place in my area. There's a girl that is always there and I first started by acting like the stuff was for fashion shoots, but she gave me the look once, and I gave up on the story. Lol. I just got a bit of the look today because I had to go to the doctor and she saw my waxed legs and tried not to draw attention to her double-checking look. It's kind of liberating to get the look sometimes.

lingerieLiz
09-03-2011, 12:27 AM
I'm still not sure wht the first woman saw. If you were wearing a bra and she couldn't get her eyes off you chest then she knows.

I was at an office supply store the other day. My bra was such that the blouse bairly covered it. That was ok until I bent over to get something. The gal behind me had a great view of a pretty lace bra. She just did a knowing smile.

I'm out to most everyone, so no wory. But if you are underdressing at work you will be spoted.