PDA

View Full Version : How much pink is too much?

Torrey
08-29-2011, 03:14 PM
I generally love pink things...clothes, accessories, or anything really. Apparently, pink leaves a bit of a trail if you are not careful.

On Saturday I was training a new employee. She is about 21, Hispanic, and a very curious sort. She found my junk drawer early in the day. In it, she found some pink Mardi Gras beads I never took home.

"Pink?" she asked.

"Yep," I answered. "Mardi Gras is a big deal to me. Wore 'em all day."

A little while later, she noticed my MacBook.

"Is that red or pink?"

"Pink."

"Did you pick it out like that? Did it come that way?"

"No, it's a protective cover so it won't get scratched."

"And it's pink?"

"Yep."

Later on...

"Is there pink on your socks?"

"Yes. Pink stripes"

"Hmmm."

"Funny story...I could not find these in black, and it is the only brand I like."

Oddly, most of that last statement is true. That they had pink on them was a bonus, though, rather than a deterrent.

And finally...(it's mid-afternoon, now)
"And pink pens, too?"

"Well..."

"Oh, they're 'Write for Hope.' Cool."

"Exactly."

"You know, I think you might have an obsession with pink that you're not aware of."

"Umm...no, I'm aware of it."

I have learned through the years that an uncomfortably long silence after a short answer is a very effective way to get someone to change the subject (or get back to work). It works with SAs as well.

Anyway, for the rest of the day, I suspected she suspected something was not adding up despite the fact that we discussed family and all.

Now, if she had seen my pink panties...

Lady_Chaos
08-29-2011, 03:19 PM
Awesome read! the last part made me laugh!

it's only color. Goth love black, you love pink... doesn't matter either way. to everyone their own!

CynthiaD
08-29-2011, 04:49 PM
What a silly question! You can never have too much pink!

I wear pink shirts all the time, and sometimes pink pants too. My cell phone has a pink cover and I take notes in a pink notebook. All of this in drab. When someone makes a comment, and someone always does, I just say that men who are secure in their masculinity can wear pink whenever they want. I don't show them the pink bra and panties.

Cynthia Anne
08-29-2011, 05:11 PM
Let her open your desk drawer and find your pink lipstick! I love pink!

Miss Maxine
08-29-2011, 05:13 PM
Are you suggesting that there's such a thing as too much pink? That's like trying to tell me that my breasts are too big: it just doesn't compute.

Torrey
08-29-2011, 05:16 PM
Are you suggesting that there's such a thing as too much pink?

I don't understand the concept to which you are referring...:heehee:

...and I almost wore my pink tennis shoes...this girl did not know what to think

Kittyagain
08-29-2011, 05:51 PM
Ahhh yes, pink is nice, but yellow, now there is a color to fall in love with.

Anna Bee
08-29-2011, 06:44 PM
Ohhh I love pink!

Great story :)

boardpuppy
08-29-2011, 06:55 PM
From my progrective if you were to say lavender/light purle or any color in that range and you would really have something. However, pink is OK too. I love it and your new co-worker will figure it out very soon.
Alice

TGMarla
08-29-2011, 06:57 PM
Well, I'd like to say that I'd never be caught wearing pink.....but my nose is long enough already.

TxKimberly
08-29-2011, 08:01 PM
. . . "Umm...no, I'm aware of it." . . .

LOVE it and well done!

sissystephanie
08-29-2011, 08:24 PM
I wear pink almost every day! At least I have it on somewhere, maybe just not visible to others!! It is THE Color!!

Debglam
08-29-2011, 08:26 PM
I generally love pink things...clothes, accessories, or anything really. Apparently, pink leaves a bit of a trail if you are not careful.

Me too! I occasionally wear bright pink socks when I workout and a couple of times I got a comment "nice socks." My response was "you should see my toes!" That is usually enough to make the "asker" laugh and drop the matter but the funny thing is that I'm not kidding! Who's got the last laugh now! :heehee:

docrobbysherry
08-29-2011, 09:59 PM
Glad to hear you're, "In the pink", Torrey!

I USED to like pink. Until I found out that manufacturers commonly use approximately 63 shades of it!

Robyn B
08-29-2011, 11:00 PM
Too much pink? Not possible......just ask the T-Mobile girl!

t-girlxsophie
08-30-2011, 04:05 AM
I Adore Pink,of every shade,only yesterday I bought a new Pink Cardigan,just can't get enough :)

Sophie

noeleena
08-30-2011, 04:27 AM
Hi,

In the summer i wear my multi coloured pink long skirt, rose pink top my pink head wear = scarve. & some of my other tops & skirts have pink mixed in . did i say my fav colour is pink... similer to my pic.

...noeleena...

Melody Moore
08-30-2011, 04:29 AM
And just what is wrong with pink? I also have always liked the colour, but for most of my life it was off-limits to me.
I had an tattered looking pink t'shirt years ago that the girls just loved to see me wearing that prompted girls to hit
on me. So something about the colour back then was telling me something about what was to be. Anyway, I didn't
have anything pink again until I transitioned, but I do have a good collection of pink tops, singlets, blouse, skirts etc,
but some of these are also mixed with other colours - my girlfriends all tell me they love my wardrobe ;)

Mind you I wouldn't just wear all pink, but it works well with black, white, purples, neon blue & lime-green
or even mixed in with combinations of these colours. I am a graphic artist, so that helps me a bit to pick
good colours that work with each other. But don't wear stuff that clashes with each other, simplicity is
really nice as well. So don't go overboard with any colour you wear.

My girlfriends tell me that I wear my mix of colours (which usually is a mix of pink, burgundy, purple or lavender) very well.

Kathy4ever
08-30-2011, 04:41 AM
Pink is a good color. Got to mix some other colors as well or you might look like you spilled a couple bottles of pepto bismol all over you. I say if you look good in it go for it. My choice is the purple line. The color just says I'm hot.

Jillian Faith
08-30-2011, 05:05 AM
Too much pink.......never. Although I'm with Kathy too as I love purple as well.

Roxann
08-30-2011, 05:22 AM
I have a pink tee shirt and tight dark blue jeans and just love the look, also the pink lip gloss and nails just makes a nice looking girl

erickka
08-30-2011, 05:30 AM
Jiminy!! It's only a color. I happen to really love purple!

Sherina
08-30-2011, 07:19 AM
Well handled Torrey! A great read too.

I too have an observant co-worker too about my pink laced mouse and pink ear buds. When he asked about them I said "I like to color co-ordinate."

You should have seen his face yesterday when I showed up with nail polish on.

Amber_Lynn
08-30-2011, 07:42 AM
I love pink! I have since I was a child, but then again I've loved everything femme since I was a child :heehee:

I wish it was more accepted for men!

Stephenie S
08-30-2011, 10:00 AM
Really, I am not sure there IS such a thing as too much pink.

Deanna B
08-30-2011, 10:06 AM
hi honey . i to love very much pink . i just got into corsets and yes i've got a lovely pink one and i love it . i've got a lot of pink clothes. have fun love deanna b xx

Joanna41
08-30-2011, 02:52 PM
There can never be too much pink!! SEE!!!

Joanna

Kittyagain
08-30-2011, 04:37 PM
Joanna, you got pink right. Really cute outfit.

Kitty

Abbey Lane
08-30-2011, 04:39 PM
I love pink panties. Pink is a great color. It takes a real man to wear pink. I do that too!

Torrey
08-30-2011, 05:02 PM
There can never be too much pink!! SEE!!!

Joanna- absolutely beautiful (you & the outfit). You are working that PINK!

Hugs,
Torrey

Kaitlyn26
08-30-2011, 05:06 PM
Awesome read! the last part made me laugh!

it's only color. Goth love black, you love pink... doesn't matter either way. to everyone their own!

Hey hey hey. :p I'm goth and I love pink! It goes great with all the black. :D

Kaz
08-30-2011, 05:13 PM
Pink and black... a classic! Kaitlyn... I would love to see you in pink and black goth style!:hugs:
A drummer in an old band of mine who is as big and macho as they come is seriously into pink... He has a pink suit that he wants to be buried in... how pink is that? And he wants Pink by Aerosmith to be played at his funeral... this guy plans ahead!

Oh yeah... and he has pink baseball shoes... though as a drummer no-one gets to see them!

larry
08-30-2011, 05:30 PM
1 That last sentence made me spit all over my keyboard. It was funny.
2 I went shopping this morning and had a choice in short skirts. I took the black. Had I read this first I am sure it would have been the pink.

Kaitlyn26
08-30-2011, 05:43 PM
Pink and black... a classic! Kaitlyn... I would love to see you in pink and black goth style!:hugs:

Maybe a classic fashion mistake? I don't know, I don't learn much about fashion I just go with what I like best. Black attire + pink accents such as belt, shoe laces, ear rings, collar, fishnet (on your arms, not legs), are all things I enjoy in the color pink. I rarely wear a solid pink clothing item though. I'm kind of fond of black or other darker colors. Maroon is good too, but hard to find.

Alice B
08-30-2011, 08:40 PM
If she pushes it too far there couyld be a pink slip in her life.

Eryn
08-30-2011, 08:49 PM
I like to have a few pink things, like a phone cover. Only a few have enquired about it and I either reply "it's harder to lose with that color" or "It takes a confident guy to use a pink phone!"

On a related note, one common observation is "You know that any new technology has truly met with acceptance when it becomes available in pink!"

PretzelGirl
08-30-2011, 09:11 PM
What a silly question! You can never have too much pink!

Really, I am not sure there IS such a thing as too much pink.

I used to think so until an elderly lady in my family decided to re-do her living room/dining room/kitchen area (about 1000 sq ft). She first ordered pink blinds, then light pink drapes with hot pink polka dots, then asked all the men to come over and paint the walls pink. Sorry, even I went into overload. This much pink in a bedroom....maybe (and I am not sure of that). The main area of the house.....not me!

Torrey
08-30-2011, 09:20 PM
"You know that any new technology has truly met with acceptance when it becomes available in pink!"

So true!

Hugs,
Torrey

CaitlynRenee
08-31-2011, 11:25 AM
Pink has always been my favorite color, ever since I was a wee tyke.

Back in history, pink and red were traditional male colors as they denoted a man's hot bloodedness and aggressiveness. Blue was a calming color and traditionally was worn by women. Remember the famed 'Blue Boy' painting??

Sometime after WWI, things turned around and changed drastically. Does any body here ever remember reading or hearing about the Army's 'pinks and greens' uniform?? There was a definite pinkish tint to the uniform.

My favorite?? A really hot Shadowline nightgown in 'hot pink'. Love that thing.

Jennie the CD
08-31-2011, 11:45 AM
IMHO, you can never have too much pink n black. You prove that its true ;)

Katie83
08-31-2011, 12:38 PM
I don't think there is such a thing as too much pink. I don't have anywhere near enough pink things. But i'm doing all I can to change that!
Katie

*Vanessa*
09-13-2011, 09:55 AM
Love going threw these older threads today. It's like rummaging through everyone panty drawers.. lol sorry girls.

I love pink anything. My fav colour is Bubblegum Pink. For what ever reason pink fires up all my senses. Oh, for the record, I've rarely had the need to wear my Ex cloths, as my fem cloths fit better on me. She wanted to wear my titties and a big sweaters from time to time and sure I let her, but she always asked. But never ever did I share my bubblegum pink things! lol

glynnis
09-13-2011, 10:37 AM
I am wearing a pink bra and pink panties right now.Love the colour.

Jannette H
09-13-2011, 12:39 PM
I have a pink skirt/blazer, light pink almost white skirt/blazer, and a fuchsia one and pink blouses. If in male mode it's dusty rose

BLUE ORCHID
09-13-2011, 05:28 PM
Pink is great I have three different mens dress shirts and aboyt a dozen pink ties.

Orchid

Torrey
09-13-2011, 08:14 PM
I found a pink Everlast sports bra at the thrift store today for $1.99...perfect fit. I love it when a thread comes back to life...doubly so when it's one I started!

Hugs,
Torrey

Jilmac
09-13-2011, 09:52 PM
When one is overwhelmed by the pink fog there's no such thing as too much pink.

Torrey
09-13-2011, 10:17 PM
When one is overwhelmed by the pink fog there's no such thing as too much pink.

Can you be "underwhelmed" by it? I simply embrace the fog...it is my favorite place.

part-time-amanda
09-13-2011, 11:01 PM
Who doesn't love Pink? My favorite outfit, pink bra, spaghetti strap, thong, black skirt, pink fishnet stockings and black heels. Can't forget matching pink lipstick lol

Babeba
09-13-2011, 11:57 PM
I love your reaction to your coworker poking around in your stuff! :-)

Also, I love love LOVE pink too! :-)