PDA

View Full Version : We Can Share This Dress

Marie-Elise
08-30-2011, 05:06 AM
I wasn't going to post this but, thinking it over, I thought I would share because it is part of being in a community.

Yesterday, our infant son woke us up in the morning and, as usual, I went and got him. I brought him into our bedroom for our usual morning family time which involves playing on our bed.

Now, my wife and I always sleep in the nude or maybe just panties for her (and occasionally for me). But I always put on shorts or boxers before getting our son.

Anyway, she was in panties and under the covers and when playtime wound down, she said she didn't know what she was going to wear because all her stuff is in the laundry. So, I said "Do you want to borrow one of my dresses? I have a casual one that would really look good on you." She asked which one and I went to my drawer and brought it out.

She said she feels weird about wearing something of mine but she tried it on and it fit her like a glove...very flattering. She smiled and said she loved it and she might have to keep it because it is definitely her style.

Then, she walked over to her closet and got out one of her dresses and said "Do you like this one? It seems like something you would wear. We can share it."

Now, she has lost about 20 pounds over the past nine months or so, coincidentally, since I told her about my hobby. She looks terrific. So, after bringing out the dress we can share, she said that she was thinking of clearing her closet out for the new clothes she's been getting because of her weight loss; I could go through them and take what I want. They were just going to go to Goodwill anyway.

Needless to say, I was beside myself. She wore the dress I gave her all day and even put it back on after her shower after breakfast.

For background: I told my wife about my CD tendencies late last year. It kind of bothered her at first but she has repeatedly said she is fine with it since. However, in the interest of not putting it in her face, I have only occasionally dressed around her and, when I did, was careful to just do it and not talk about it unless she said something.

I always let her know when I get something girly from eBay and made up my mind that I am not going to hide anything from her.

A couple of weeks ago she was out shopping and bought a couple of tops and a skirt for me. This really blew my mind and made me happy.

Anyway, the bottom line is that I am grateful to have an understanding wife and, while I don't really fell a need to dress every day, there is a great sense of security in knowing that my wife will not be freaked out by it.

Just thought I would share and I hope this didn't sound like I was boasting. Thanks for reading.

Jillian Faith
08-30-2011, 05:10 AM
What a lovely story, thank you for sharing! Having an understanding wife is a true blessing.

jillcutie
08-30-2011, 05:19 AM
I love your story and congrats on your wife accepting you :) I just went through something similar with my wife, except she had gain weight over the last few years and finally went through her things. Anything that she didn't want was mine to try on and keep, I tripled the amount of clothes I had. I even ended up with some casual clothes I didn't have for wearing through the day, I only had dressier clothes. Have fun going through her things and make sure to try it all on :)

Kittyagain
08-30-2011, 05:52 AM
A wonderful story filled with all that makes a family perfect. Sharing clothes has brought us so much closer same as you wrote in your post.

Give your wife a big hug every chance you get.

Kitty

Cynthia Anne
08-30-2011, 06:12 AM
There are good stories and there are great stories! Yours falls in the latter cateory! Thank you for sharing! Hugs!

Katie83
08-30-2011, 06:34 AM
So good to hear stories like that. Thanks for sharing it.
Katie

Marie-Elise
08-30-2011, 07:27 AM
Thanks, all. We just finished another family time. I get up early so I can have some alone time to read and surf the web every morning. Today, for the first time, I did it in a denim mini skirt and light top that I got recently. I have to say this might also become a morning thing for me. I am in a great mood and ready for my back to back meetings all day today. I would do it in my skirt outfit but I don't dress around our son and I really don't want to push my wife's boundaries though she thinks it would be all right if I did. It's important to her we raise a tolerant son who is accepting of differences. Maybe someday as I get more comfortable with it myself.

kimdl93
08-30-2011, 07:30 AM
It seems that there are many understanding and accomodating SOs out there, as your wife exemplifies. Its especially good that you were able to come out early in your lives - Im presuming as much since you've got a new baby (congratulations by the way). With your wife's understanding and your careful approach, I realy believe that the two of you will be able to share a lifetime of positive experiences and even some clothes!

Tina B.
08-30-2011, 07:32 AM
With a story like that, a little bragging is alright. It sounds like you two have come a long way fast. The wife and I cleaned out closets a few months ago, mine old stuff went straight to the thrift shop, hers I got to go through and pick out a few things that fit me, things always loved but would not borrow, now there mine and I love them, just knowing they are hand-me-downs, from the wife, which is funny, because as a middle child, I really hate hand me downs, I grew up thinking that was as good as fashion got, I didn't know picking out your own stuff could be so much fun, maybe that's why I became such a shopaholic.
Tina B.

Marie-Elise
08-30-2011, 07:49 AM
I keep adding to this. Hope I don't bore anyone.

One interesting thing to me is that, when I first told her about my CDing, one of the first things she said was that I should not wear her clothes because it would creep her out. Things change, I guess.

PretzelGirl
08-30-2011, 01:39 PM
That is a very nice story. You cannot tell how acceptance will progress as each person has their own mindsets so their acceptance will come in different ways. You demonstrated a couple of ways to help it by being patient and sticking to boundaries. In turn your wife has become more comfortable with this and it is being demonstrated. Continue to be patient and let her comfort come at her pace.

And don't ever be sorry for sharing a story like this. We need more of these stories as it is a good example of a possibility of what can be.

Jenniferathome
08-30-2011, 02:46 PM
I know exactly what you are feeling. I love it when my wife wears one of my dresses when we go out. It's a validation that she is not only not freaked out but fully accepting. I wish she could wear more of my things but I am few sizes bigger than her.

Robin Lee
08-30-2011, 06:36 PM
Its so wonderful to have a sharing relationship. Looks like you are doing a good job not throwing it in here face. Respect breads respect!

Best Wishes
Robin Lee

CDPheobe
08-30-2011, 07:11 PM
My SO and I share a lot of clothes. Or she will buy something for me and give it to me when she sees me. Anything clothes are for sharing amongst us. The only thing that we hardly share are shoe sizes.

Alice B
08-30-2011, 08:21 PM
You have a wonderful wife and should be justly proud of her. A very special lady. My wife has a couple of times given me things she was not going to wear, but our sizes are different. That was special because she generally does not to be around me while I'm dressed, although she totally accepts that I do it.

marny
09-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Coincidentally? Sounds like a letter to PENTHOUSE to me!!!

Marie-Elise
09-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Coincidentally? Sounds like a letter to PENTHOUSE to me!!!

Really? We didn't even get naked.:heehee:

kristinacd55
09-01-2011, 01:51 PM
That's so great you two can share, I'm way too big for my wife's things. Well except for her purses, jewelry, makeup, and some hand me downs when she was a tad larger. She's way too skinny now! But, I'm grateful for her sharing with me.

linda allen
09-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Once, we were away from home and I ran out of clean underpants. My wife said "You can wear a pair of mine." I turned her down, but I'm still kicking myself. I could have told her how comfortable they felt and asked her to buy me some for my own.

sarah kay
09-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Yangstyle, that is very neat. I hope my SO will be 1/3 as understanding when I decide to let her know. Gives me hope I suspect

Jessica Ames
09-01-2011, 04:32 PM
I am very blessed with a supportive SO who happens to be the same size. It cracks me up when she says that she was out and thought of me and bought me this dress, and that top, and another skirt....and then she wears them all week. Haha!

Congrats, Yangstyle, on finding a great SO!