PDA

View Full Version : A first for me

Kathy4ever
08-31-2011, 03:57 AM
Went to Walmart yesterday to pick up something i bought on line. The following is how i was dressed. My hair stlyed a little fem pushng my longer hair around the ears. I had womans sunglasses on, a black womans tank top, black tight capris,of course black satin panties, both ears with medium hoop earrings, sandals that show off my painted toes and my finger nails painted and legs freshly shaven. No did not have make up on or had my pocket book. As I was walking to the service desk I heard this boy say to his brother Is that a man . I said "yes". Not sure he heard me. I've read other post about this sort of thing. Should have I had said anything or should i say what i said or should of try to say it in a fem voice and said no? I was kinda happy in that is the first time I ever heard someone wonder what gender I was.

Kelsey D
08-31-2011, 04:01 AM
That is my only caution of going out. I really like the thought of turning heads by being attractive and good looking. But would hate having someone think if I were a man. If I were to go out dressed, I would want it to be as passable as possible and not even a question. This is why I am taking time before I do anything like going out or meeting people as Kelsey. I am not sure what the best way to respond to that would be though.

kimdl93
08-31-2011, 07:10 AM
In my view, the best thing you could do is simply to go about your business and let strangers notice, question or ignore what they're seeing. There's nothing wrong with presenting an ambiguous image, if that's what you were striving for.

Until recently, most of my outings were rather androgynous...with some make up, breast forms and a mix of male and female attire. I had not given a lot of thought to what I wanted to present - I just enjoyed getting made up and wearing those few things. Since then, I've kinda taken the plunge to full femme, and while the reaction of others may be the same as you've encountered, I feel less ambiguous...and after all its all about me ;)

Starr
08-31-2011, 07:12 AM
The best thing about a women is the not knowing... i would not say anything... but that is me.. i perfer to keep them guessing

Cynthia Anne
08-31-2011, 07:13 AM
I remember walking into a walmart 23 years ago and as I was getting my ears periced for the 2nd set of earrings a little girl walked buy with her mother and said, ''That's a man''! I was dressed to the nines! I could feel the heat in my face! I smiled and spoke NOT a word!:o Hugs!:)

linda allen
08-31-2011, 07:14 AM
Went to Walmart yesterday to pick up something i bought on line. The following is how i was dressed. My hair stlyed a little fem pushng my longer hair around the ears. I had womans sunglasses on, a black womans tank top, black tight capris,of course black satin panties, both ears with medium hoop earrings, sandals that show off my painted toes and my finger nails painted and legs freshly shaven. No did not have make up on or had my pocket book. As I was walking to the service desk I heard this boy say to his brother Is that a man . I said "yes". Not sure he heard me. I've read other post about this sort of thing. Should have I had said anything or should i say what i said or should of try to say it in a fem voice and said no? I was kinda happy in that is the first time I ever heard someone wonder what gender I was.

I would not have said anything unless the question was directed directly at me ("Are you a man?"). Even then, I probably would have answered back ("I am whatever you think I am.")

You didn't say if you were wearing breast forms. That would make a difference.

Joanna41
08-31-2011, 07:22 AM
That is my only caution of going out. I really like the thought of turning heads by being attractive and good looking. But would hate having someone think if I were a man. If I were to go out dressed, I would want it to be as passable as possible and not even a question. This is why I am taking time before I do anything like going out or meeting people as Kelsey. I am not sure what the best way to respond to that would be though.
This me pretty much too. I don't want to be read as a man while in full girl mode. I only go out in full mode anyways but I'm a perfectionist and I harp on every little detail no matter how small. It's a learning process and a big one at that. But to answer the question...I would not have said anything...I would have been too curious to hear what the brothers answer was goin to be.

Joanna

PretzelGirl
08-31-2011, 10:03 AM
To me, you were out in femme. Forms and make-up can be optional as some woman are less endowed and many go without make-up. So I would just dress as you feel and leave them guessing. If you aren't directly asked anything, just move on. I believe in educating people, but probably only when already interacting with them in some other way (friends, SAs, etc). If you stop for every questioning comment or glance, you may get yourself into situations you don't want to be in.

sissystephanie
08-31-2011, 12:41 PM
Kathy, I go out in public dressed as a girl/lady all the time. But I wear no makeup and no wig. I am definitely a man in womens clothing. But in the 6 years I have been doing that I have not heard one negative comment! Unless you look really outlandish, most people don't even pay any attention!! I have had women compliment me on my outfits, or ask me where I bought a certain article! And I have even had men compliment my outfits!! I don't mind those comments at all!!

DonnaT
08-31-2011, 12:59 PM
I think I would have responded with, "both".

Kathy4ever
09-01-2011, 03:22 AM
No I was not wearing breast forms or a bra. I can fill a 38c nicely, so I do have a fem chest. The tank was low cut and showed my nice cleavage. hey I would like them bigger or a bra would of made them look bigger with a padded demi bra that I usually like to wear or a thinner waist which would enhance my appearence. it was daytime when this happened so i was not really trying to pass but it was nice to me that someone even a little one was questioning my gender. I've been out with girls shorts and tops, but to me this was the first time i thought i could look female without all the makeup and camouflouge. i think I looked like most woman do when they shop at Walmart. Maybe it is wishful thinking on my part. One big give away is probabale my shoulders. Can't wait for it to cool down so I can wear some tops that might hide my shoulders a little, but I do luv womans tank tops, so I might wear both when it gets cooler.
I would not have said anything unless the question was directed directly at me ("Are you a man?"). Even then, I probably would have answered back ("I am whatever you think I am.")

You didn't say if you were wearing breast forms. That would make a difference.

Kathy4ever
09-01-2011, 03:25 AM
I agree I thought about that after I kinda answered the boys question. For some reason i was not prepared for that kinda question.
I think I would have responded with, "both".

sandra-leigh
09-01-2011, 06:42 PM
If asked directly by a passer-by, my usual answer is a smile and a , "That's a good question". If I'm sitting down talking to someone who is being friendly, I might answer more informatively.