PDA

View Full Version : Im confussed.:(

xxchloexx
08-31-2011, 05:19 PM
Hi all.I am so happy to be here but confussed beyone belief...I have always known i was a gril since i was like 5 or 6.i NEVER HAD THE COURAGE TO TELL ANYONE DESPITE LEAVING PLENTY OF HINTS,,AND STILL TO THIS DAY..i MANAGED TO HIDE AND SURPRESS THE ISSUE OVER THE YEARS BUT IT HIT O HARD LAST YEAR i ENDED UP IN A PYHC WARD,,AND WELL TO FOLLOW FROM THAT BETWEEN THE PHYCOLOGISTS AND PPHYCIATRIACTS,they deemed me to have the condition gid....and i appologise for the sudden cappitals..its a pc issue....could anyone advise me ,,what to donext..I know i am female,and in the wrong body,,the doctiors agree,but so confussed what to do to be honest....and not sure of the state laws,,but im irish ,so its alot different and old fashioned over here...

Gaby2
08-31-2011, 05:32 PM
You can slow down here, Chloe, and address your issues at your own pace.:hugs:Gaby

xxchloexx
08-31-2011, 05:37 PM
Thanks gabby,ive hidden me for so long ,and now ive got the guts to actualy refuse to hide me,im bursting,,its so weird,,what i hid for so long i cant express fast enough,,omg like.....

JennyA
08-31-2011, 06:34 PM
Take a deep breath, lol.

Wendy_Marie
08-31-2011, 06:43 PM
As Gaby and Jenny said...here you don't have to be anything or anybody but yourself...Welcome.

Like you many of us here began to identify with the Female gender at a young age...My first memories are from the age of five...I to hid it well until finally it just got to the point where I felt that I needed help and entered into therapy...<-----I don't pretend to speak for everyone here , but you will find a lot of stories very similiar to yours and mine.

Melody Moore
08-31-2011, 09:30 PM
Hi Chloe,

Like Gaby & Jenny, take a deep breath & slow down - you are in very good friendly company here now, so it is time
to start to settle down all your fears & anxieties & relax. There is only one way for you from here and that is UP! You
have a diagnosis of GID now - So you know what your problems really are, now you can learn how to deal with things.

You mentioned seeing psychiatrist & psychologists... is that still happening? Are these people able to help you with
managing your gender issues? Have you been prescribed any sort of hormone therapy yet? If you haven't, why not?

You said you are Irish, so I take it you are in Ireland. It does help to set your location information in your profile
so you give yourself more chance to find better localised support from others on this forum who live in your area.

Transitioning on Hormone therapy & having SRS is not the magic bullet to fix all your problems, but they will help
to realign your body to your brain. If you have other issues, then they too need to be addressed ASAP. The more
free you are of any issues, then the easier & smoother your transitional journey will become. Being on hormones
will also cause you to react differently to your emotions. For example, things that caused you to feel agitated,
angry & upset & sometimes even violent can make you feel very sad & lost & will just make you cry. But at this
stage noone here knows anything about you or has any idea about what other issues you might be facing here.

So please provide us more background information, how old are you? Are you in school, college, university or are
you working, unemployed or disabled? Do you have family? Are you married with any kids? And tell us a little bit
more about your friends, do you have anyone who is able support there? Do you know any LGBT people for example?

Giving us a bit more background can help us to make some helpful suggestions to point you in the right direction.
So please start by getting your head straight by drawing up a bit of a mud map to explain to us the complexity of
your life right now. Doing this will help get things a lot clearer & also allow you to find out which way you should go.

Many girls draw up a plan, but the problem is with plans they never go to plan because of unforeseen issues &
situations. So the key is to have a bit of a mud map to work by, and to keep developing those ever changing
contingency plans we need to deal with thos unforeseen issues & events.
Good luck, I hope this is a starting point that gives you something to start working with. :hugs:

Katesback
08-31-2011, 10:07 PM
Other people can write a bunch of stuff but I am going to keep it really short. It all boils down to wether you will do what it takes to be you or if you will continue to hide. I personally dont care what you do but there is no other decision to make. You can postulate and talk and talk and talk, but talk is cheap actions are all that is important. Finally you are not the first to have faced this decision. Countless people came before you and WE SURVIVED!

Katie

Melody Moore
08-31-2011, 10:19 PM
While I do agree with what Kate is saying, only you know yourself and the issues that you will have to face
with coming out & with transition. Other people don't mind "writing a bunch of stuff" to answer your questions
with their suggestions and advice because we also realise the value & importance in that for you. So please
don't ever feel pressured to do anything by anyone on this forum to comply with another person's standards.

Rule number 1 here to learn when you have GID is to "Live your life for yourself & not for other people!". ;)

xxchloexx
09-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Thanks everyone for answering me..regarding my details,well ive been unable to edit or access my profile account,id persummed it was as i was a new member...regarding talking about it,well.correct words wont get it done i know,but i also am so lost for help...I do know what i am and have always been but after being admitted to a phyc unic by a stupid doctor as having dillusions etc,i soon educated them as to what was wrong.....and then after seeing the senior phyciatrist who sent me to the states phycologist who after three hours of me being open said without doubt and further examination,that he was diagnossing me as gid,which i totally agree with..Help isnt tht good over here in ireland like....It still a very taboo subject....I am so looking for advice and well niormality....I will edit my profile once admin allow that.....and thanks again all for replying,,,so nice and helpfull....xd

xxchloexx
09-02-2011, 05:45 PM
I have gtaken n o offence so far at anyones comments,,and i am so amazed and thrilled at how open and friendly you all are....As Rianna correctly pointed out,laws and old catholic ways in Ireland,make my condition appear right up there with abduction and murder in manay ways...public perception is limited,and yes i did have to literally wring my diagnosis from the phyc team who initally said a year ago it was in my just obsessive thoghts,,,anyway ...Im really happy to actyually able to talk as who and what I am...for that I thank each of you....

Sharon
09-02-2011, 09:18 PM
Chloe, here's a site I found -- Transgender Equality Network Ireland -- and you may find some answers there from fellow Irish:

http://www.teni.ie/

There are also other organizations, but TERI appears to be the most visited site.

tanyavelour
09-02-2011, 10:32 PM
Thanks gabby,ive hidden me for so long ,and now ive got the guts to actualy refuse to hide me,im bursting,,its so weird,,what i hid for so long i cant express fast enough,,omg like.....

Oh...that feeling! Yes, I know EXACTLY, word by word, feeling by feeling what you feel! It just happened to me the same thing this week. So much so, I ended up coming out saturday to my mum and sister, monday to my dad, and yesterday(thrusday) to my doctor. He even said my case is the textbook, 100% transexualism. He is going to give me hormones as soon as an infection on my sweat glands eases a bit.

Frankly, as an advice, I don't know what to say. Maybe you wait until it explodes like it happened to me, and then just say it... I cried too.

Rianna Humble
09-03-2011, 02:05 AM
Hi Chloe, there is some information about possibilities for people with GID in Ireland on the Gender Identity Disorder Ireland (http://http://www.gidi.ie/Resources_root.htm) website, although I am not sure how positive their approach is.

There is also a sort of directory of support groups that can be found here (http://www.theladylist.ie/trans) If there is a support group near to you, this might be a good place to start. Members would be able to discuss with you what steps are available to you and possibly recommend some services.

I hope that some of this information proves useful to you and that you know that we are here to support you

Kelsy
09-03-2011, 06:50 AM
Hi Chloe,

My Mum is a died-in the wool Catholic and is my biggest supporter. Do you have anyone who will support
you? Do you have any opportunity to educate other folks about GID? The most important thing here is to be true to yourself no matter what and find the help you need!

Hugs Kelsy

xxchloexx
09-03-2011, 06:47 PM
thanks girls for all our anawers,,,its so hard,,i know what i was meant to be,,they know what i was meant to be or what and who i am,yet the irish system doesnt want to accept and help me,,its always a case of agh sure take these tablets and you willl feel better ..its the old case of numb the brain to the point of nothingf happenong rather than ccepyt,what i am saying and help me...omfg like...i was admitted to a pjyc unit for trying ti kill myself over this...what is so hard to belive,,,i didnt make it up as one shrink suggested i did,,hshe was such a bitch i swear.....I cant seem to get any of the phycology team to let me start hormones,,so ive booked an app with a fairly close doctor and gender phyc,,,to see if she will officially stamp that piesce of paper that inhibbits me from progressing....any advice is welcome/....im so like a sponge with information i swear.....i cant get enough..hope im not droning on here...