PDA

View Full Version : do u use the word crossdresser to hide?

danielle.cd
08-31-2011, 10:33 PM
what im talking about is: so many of us dress and feel really good about it. even if we look hideous and rediculose. although many are not out of the closet so to say and do you hide behinde the term crossdresser.

do u dress just to dress and thats all .I.e i like the feel of womens clothing ,
do u dress to relaxe and escape your world and create another . to me this is a crossdresser .

now on the other hand u have transgenders . to me thats when u dress to be as passible as a women as u can and try to imitate a women to the fullest extent. and somewere deep down u know and feel like this is what u are, and wish to live full time as a women even without surgery but due to family and friends or work u are not able to do more that the ocassional dressing and imitating

or are u a transvestite . your out there in the world full time living the life u want to as a women without the surgery .

now me when i first joined , the words crossdresser, transgender and transvestite were nono word i hated them and didnt want to asociate myself with them . so once i had accepted thats who i am in my eyes transgendered. it wasnt that bad but i know cd sounds better than the t words and for a while i hid behind it thinking ok im a cd but with much more going on and i know now that i am transgender but probably wont be able to transition till way later in life for some curcumstances like above . so do u hide or are u proud to say who u are on here?
( i know theres more to it to these terms and that cd and transgender are umbrella terms but this is how i see the seperations so no lectures please)

Miss Maxine
08-31-2011, 10:38 PM
I am a proud tranny. The word is delightfully vague and deliciously naughty. ^_^

NathalieX66
08-31-2011, 10:46 PM
I'm transgender...that's how I see myself as.
I have no desire to make a transition, it would not work for me....so therefore the word transsexual does not apply to me.

I do have a need, as I found out, to express myself in the other gender when out in public. There is no thrill in doing this, just relief and satisfacton.......it's just me being me.

I'm someone with a strong guy identity, and I like to express my feminine side to the rest of the world as much as possible. I am not happy with the constraints of being in the gender I was born with. I am not happy being any one gender. So I shall accept being both genders.

christina s
08-31-2011, 10:51 PM
I would defiantly fall under your definition of crossdresser. As of now i have no real chance of passing and dressing for me is more about the fantasy.

VioletJourney
08-31-2011, 10:52 PM
All I AM is a 19 year old from California. Everything I choose to do is just a voluntary activity, it does not define me.

Aprilrain
08-31-2011, 11:13 PM
or are u a transvestite . your out there in the world full time living the life u want to as a women without the surgery

It is my understanding that the word transvestite is simply an outdated word for Crossdresser and does not imply living full time as a woman. Anyone living full time regardless of there surgical status is more likely to use the term transsexual, though words like gender queer are coming into vogue amongst younger people who do not wish to identify with the gender binary.

thechic
09-01-2011, 02:07 AM
I would have to say i fall under the transsexual term,I just hate being male,so i don't dress for fun or pleasure it because i fell sick if i remotely look like a man.Im a full timer even at work even though im doing a guys job.am married and have kids,so my life is complicated.I would love to have the opp but at present too many issues,I do everything to pass as a female 24/7

Katie83
09-01-2011, 03:59 AM
This is an interesting thought. I don't think i fit exactly in any of the categories. I would have said crossdresser is the closest term, as i don't think i want to be a full time woman, i have no major issues with my male idenity. That being said whenever i dress as a woman i always go for the complete look including mannerisms, gestures, walk etc. I aim towards an image that i think would pass.
Katie

karren G
09-01-2011, 04:27 AM
well personaly i have had frends that are gay and lesbian and it has never ever bothed me in the slightest i accept myself as a crossdressers now after five years of dressing and so dose my wife as she also knows someone that has had SRS , be who you are and proud of it.

SweetIonis
09-01-2011, 04:35 AM
For me it's born of a need to express myself a certain way. I want to bring how I look in line with how I feel. That's the skinny of it. For me I knew I had some characteristics of a TG person. But I didn't seriously consider that I could actually be one. It was rather interesting, rather than disturbing when I found out, that it's quite likely that I am. That said, if that was pointed out to me a few years ago, I would have taken it pretty hard. Perhaps I would have been clinging on more. Now, I really don't care. What I am is what I am, and I'm happy about it. The nomenclature really doesn't matter to me.

Mistybtm
09-01-2011, 04:38 AM
I am a proud tranny. The word is delightfully vague and deliciously naughty. ^_^
I am the same and love it ;)

KrystalA
09-01-2011, 06:58 AM
I'm starting to like the term 'transgender'. I totally enjoy dressing like, and feeling like a girl, but I don't feel as though I'm 'hiding behind' any specific term or classification. I dress the way I dress because I love it. Its as simple as that.

Cynthia Anne
09-01-2011, 07:25 AM
Call me anything you want to! Just don't call me late for for lunch! I hate titles! Therefore I'm me and all fem! Hugs!

Tina B.
09-01-2011, 07:43 AM
I still don't know just what to call myself anymore. I'm a closeted CD that may be more Trans than CD, although I'm happy enough as a male, I think I could of been happier as a women, but am well past the chance to do anything about it now. I've never dressed because I think it's fun, or exciting, I dress because of a deep seated compulsion, But did alright making it in the male role, as long as I found time for my feminine side to come out from time to time. So I guess I'm not a true TS, and I don't do it because I have some romantic notion of what a women is, I love the soft feel of womens clothing, but they are not really all that more comfortable than a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. I feel life would have been so much easier to have been happy with just one gender, instead of two, either way male or female would have been alright. I guess I'm not a CD, or TG, or TS, maybe I'm duel gendered, I guess that would describe it just about as good as any other word I can think of.
Tina B.

Starr
09-01-2011, 07:52 AM
Well we all have different thoughts on all the different words used to id us.. but here is mine.

i thought of myself as a crossdresser when i simpley put on womens clothes, makeup and wigs.. and enjoyed the feeling.

i changed my thought to transvestite when i started to push a little farther in my transformation ie, shavinng body hair, letting my nails and hair grow long, working on my body lanuage and learning more ways to do my make up..

Now my thought goes to simply being trangender, am i transexual i not sure, and don't really care. i love being girly, love the clothes the feel and everything about being a woman....

So i am comfortable when ask in my answer.. i am transgender...

starr

ValRom
09-01-2011, 08:05 AM
Hi Danielle - An interesting post & I suppose many mini-threads could be spun off from this!

I'm TS and dress to blend in as much as possible ... I don't feel I'm imitating a woman because deep down "I are one" ... and my clothes reflect me: traditional, classical Jones New Yorkish. That also reflects the work that I do. Prior to transition, I stopped imitating men, lol.

kendra_gurl
09-01-2011, 08:40 AM
I am a crossdresser. I consider myself to be a very good crossdresser simply because of the effort I put into making myself passable in most any public place I want to go. For me crossdressing is my escape from pressures in life and business rather than from my masculinity

So why don't I consider myself transgendered?

To start with in a typical 30 day month there is 720 hours. At most I dress en-femme 50 of those hours. I don't under dress, I don't sleep in panties or a girly night gown, I don't obsess about why I can't dress up or feel the way I want too all the time. I just do not feel those needs.

I am a normal guy all those other 650+ hours every month doing all the normal guy things and very content and comfortable doing them. I'm not saying I am macho type male but more of just an average caring and considerate male with a very strong affection and admiration for Feminine Females. Not just any female, but feminine females. I think this is a very important difference which helps explain my desire to crossdress in the way I do (very feminine not androgynous) and enjoy doing so.

I understand there are different ways so many of us here think and feel and therefore accept there are CD TV TG TS members here. I just think that anyone struggling to lable themselves might consider how you think of yourself for most of those 720 hours a month not how you feel only while dressing en-femme.

kimdl93
09-01-2011, 08:51 AM
I guess the question is about self identification. I'd have to say that I accept the idea that I'm transgendered, since I dress to express the femininity that I feel is a big part of me. Like Kendra above, I have to present as male in my professional associations. However, I work from home, and generally am en femme while at home. I could place myself on a spectrum of transgender behaviors, I'd probably be slightly more towards the transexual side. I also know that I'm evolving as a person. So, where I am today is not where I started and probably won't be where I am by the end.

Cheryl T
09-01-2011, 09:54 AM
So many labels....so little time.

Does it make a difference why we do this? To whom does it make this difference?
I'm tired...for years I wondered why and why me! For years I tried to analyze all this and came to the conclusion that I can't explain it and "Frankly Scarlett, I don't give a damn!".

S. Lisa Smith
09-01-2011, 10:05 AM
I am a crossdresser. I consider myself to be a very good crossdresser simply because of the effort I put into making myself passable in most any public place I want to go. For me crossdressing is my escape from pressures in life and business rather than from my masculinity

To start with in a typical 30 day month there is 720 hours. At most I dress en-femme 50 of those hours. I don't under dress, I don't sleep in panties or a girly night gown, I don't obsess about why I can't dress up or feel the way I want too all the time. I just do not feel those needs.

I am a normal guy all those other 650+ hours every month doing all the normal guy things and very content and comfortable doing them. I'm not saying I am macho type male but more of just an average caring and considerate male with a very strong affection and admiration for Feminine Females. Not just any female, but feminine females. I think this is a very important difference which helps explain my desire to crossdress in the way I do (very feminine not androgynous) and enjoy doing so.

I understand there are different ways so many of us here think and feel and therefore accept there are CD TV TG TS members here. I just think that anyone struggling to lable themselves might consider how you think of yourself for most of those 720 hours a month not how you feel only while dressing en-femme.
I agree wholeheartedly!! This describes me to a T.

SuzanneBender
09-01-2011, 10:19 AM
I like the term Transgender. I have tried on most of those terms you mention while I wrestled through accepting who I am. None of the really seem to fit. In fact terms like crossdresser and transsexual caused me much more confusion then clarity when I tried to apply them. Transgender fits like a great pair of skinny jeans. It covers the imperfections left by other definitions, emphasizes the strengths and looks great on me!

I am a mix. A gender mutt per say. Its not about the clothes. Its not about being only a woman deep down inside. Its not simple imitation. Its certainly not about escapism. If anything its about embracing my entire being.

Karren H
09-01-2011, 10:36 AM
If I wanted to hide I'd wear womens jeans!! Lol. Who the f#$ cares what label you put on what I do... Not me!

danielle.cd
09-01-2011, 10:42 AM
So many labels....so little time.

Does it make a difference why we do this? To whom does it make this difference?
I'm tired...for years I wondered why and why me! For years I tried to analyze all this and came to the conclusion that I can't explain it and "Frankly Scarlett, I don't give a damn!".

for some yes it does. you know growing up i was always tought to tuck in my shirt and look good regaurdless of what we were doing . dont look like a bum . even if it was to go out an play in the dirt. that has created a self awarness for me to make sure i look my best for everyone and to actually care what people think, alot of people will say u dont need to care what others think . i disagree to a point .. unless your rich or disabled you need a job, and u never know what potential employer will see u even on your day off or laundry day. . some people just wont understand and dont want to understand, but for some it defines who we are and gives us a way to describe ourselves to others

sterling12
09-01-2011, 03:42 PM
But remember danielle, The Lines have blurred, and an awful lot of people wouldn't define themselves as one thing or the other; if they would define themselves at all! The Term transgendered is quickly becoming "An Umbrella Term" within The Community which pretty much applies to everyone. If you think of That Continuum as an infinite number of places on a never ending road, it gets easier. Where you are on That Road today varies from tomorrow, or next week, or next year. You can go backwards, forward, sideways; you can be TS in one area of existence, and you can be A Crossdresser at the same time.

And that means, that all of us are infinitely different, but can share a common theme of being transgendered. For Reasons political, medical, psychological, and social; it makes good common sense. For Folks who don't want ANY Label, that's OK too.

I imagine that if you stick around here, and learn, spend more time with people in Your Local T-Community in Face to Face Situations; you will find it almost impossible to define people with A Single Label. Much simpler to ask, "What do you do?" Then, you can probably get some idea of whom, and where they are at within The Continuum.

Peace and Love, Joanie

StarrOfDelite
09-01-2011, 04:08 PM
The Term transgendered is quickly becoming "An Umbrella Term" within The Community which pretty much applies to everyone. If you think of That Continuum as an infinite number of places on a never ending road, it gets easier.

And that means, that all of us are infinitely different, but can share a common theme of being transgendered. For Reasons political, medical, psychological, and social; it makes good common sense. For Folks who don't want ANY Label, that's OK too.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Great Post! Agree with your use of "Transgendered" as an Umbrella word, and with your attitude. I'm one of those who don't want ANY label because, as you wrote, it's impossible to define people with labels.

suchacutie
09-01-2011, 04:17 PM
The mail problem here is that the labels you've given aren't the generally used definitions. Notice I didn't say "generally agreed upon" as no one agrees about the definitions of these labels.

Personally, I am bigendered. My mind is divided into two sections, each wired in a way that understands it belongs to the male or female gender. Also I have some section that is double-wired (and a bit confused) and can be used by either of my gendered selves. My two gendered selves don't mix much in that they each have their own opinions and likes/dislikes. Male is right-handed and female is left handed. My wife is in the middle, so she and I speak about the missing third member very much as if they another person, since they are! I don't find this unusual or difficult to understand. When in one gender, the other gender is the cross-dressed gender! Does that make me transsexual in either gender? I don't know. That's why bigendered seems to fit the best.

I definitely don't only put on the clothes of one gender or the other for the feel of the clothes. The clothes are just the outward appearance of the internal gender being presented. I also agree with the umbrella term "transgendered" since that works for me no matter which gender I'm presenting!

Tina and "him"

Jessica Ames
09-01-2011, 04:20 PM
I do have to say, I like the use of "transgendered" for one reason. If TS/TV/CD/GQ/etc could help gain mainstream acceptance through bigger numbers and support, it would be beneficial to stand together. It's hard enough that the T in LGBT falls off sometimes. If there are more divisions amongst the T, it just seems like we are missing out on potential strength in numbers.

SuzanneBender
09-02-2011, 12:26 PM
I like the use of "transgendered" for one reason. If TS/TV/CD/GQ/etc could help gain mainstream acceptance through bigger numbers and support, it would be beneficial to stand together.... If there are more divisions amongst the T, it just seems like we are missing out on potential strength in numbers. I could not agree more Jessica! There are way to many divisions in our lovely little sisterhood and there is strength in numbers.

kendra_gurl
09-02-2011, 01:06 PM
The only division amoung us (as far as this site is concerned) is when one group wants all the others to follow their way of thinking. Rather than everyone being under one label I'd rather each group just recognize that there are differences in eachother and accept that.

This is a huge spectrum of individuals and its not one size fits all.

LilSissyStevie
09-02-2011, 02:06 PM
I'm just a little ol' poufbunny. Being a CD/TV/TG/TS is serious business and I just can't take myself that seriously. I'm probably not one of "us."

Miss Maxine
09-02-2011, 02:15 PM
I'm just a little ol' poufbunny. Being a CD/TV/TG/TS is serious business and I just can't take myself that seriously. I'm probably not one of "us."

Poufbunny! I love it! That's so cute! If you're not one of us, can I be one of you?

BlondeFarrah
09-02-2011, 02:22 PM
We are in the subforum "Male to female crossdressing". What kind of female is everyone? The female that everyone decides to be. From live "24/7 woman" to just ten minutes of fantasy in the bathroom, each one does whatever he wants to do. Simply.

cassandra54
09-02-2011, 03:18 PM
I would definitely say transgender. I used to think that I cross dressed on occasion, mainly for sexual reasons, but in the last year my cross dressing has turned into more than that. In the last ten months, I've purchased four wigs, feminine glasses, unisex glasses, four pairs of shoes, makeup and God knows how many panties, bras, skirts tops and you name it. I've done research online, taken the coagti test for whatever it's worth, done a lot of self-examination and compared myself with other men who consider themselves cross dressers. Yep I am definitely trans gender. I divide my time up between being a real man and a pretend woman and enjoy them both. When I am Cassandra, I want to experience what it is like to be a woman, become passable and be a part of this world. That is being transgender. Before when I would dress up at home with no wig or makeup and hope my SO would want to play with me, that was cross dressing. Being transgender has given me new motivation to take better care of my body, quit smoking, have better time management, a better relationship with my SO and a number of other things. For once in my life, and not just because of this, I feel complete. I feel I have all the answers of who I am and what I need to do and if feels good.My only regret is that I didn't do this 40 years ago.

kymmieLorain
09-02-2011, 03:46 PM
Well I wear what I want to wear, and it is womans cloths. they are comfortable. Will I ever go out dressed, who knows. I am far from passable(I think) I do because I want to, pure and simple. Like Karren said if people don't like it (*(*# them.

Kymmie

sissystephanie
09-02-2011, 04:03 PM
Karren said it very succinctly. I wear what I want to wear, and don't care what others think about it!!

juno
09-02-2011, 04:40 PM
I think that "transvestite" is a well-defined psychological term, although the public perception of the word varies. It is a person who feels compelled to cross-dress, and it may include a fetish component.

A crossdresser is simply a person who cross-dresses. It is an activity, not a psychological state, and is independent of the reason you do it. All transvestites are crossdressers.

The term "crossdresser" is somewhat of a safe description, because it does not go into details of why you do it. I think it is a useful term because it is not really a label, and it is nobodies business what your personal gender/transgender status is. But, you could also call that hiding.

LilSissyStevie
09-02-2011, 05:07 PM
Poufbunny! I love it! That's so cute! If you're not one of us, can I be one of you?

Yes, but you have to commit to a life of fun and frivolity.:heehee: It's more difficult than you think.:D

Kaz
09-02-2011, 05:46 PM
All 'categories' are based on the assumptions of the person doing the categorising. For me this is just a red herring as we are such a diverse community. Little boxes, little boxes... I am not in a box... I am the box!

ChristineM
09-02-2011, 07:30 PM
Quote Originally Posted by kendra_gurl View Post

I agree wholeheartedly!! This describes me to a T.I agree wholeheartedly!! This describes me to a T.

+2
I dress to relax, while trying to be as passable as possible and as womanly as possible, with no desire to be full time or change genders. That's crossdressing to me.

Jillian Faith
09-03-2011, 09:48 AM
I agree and can relate 100% with what Kendra said in post #17 except being dressed en femme 50 hours a month. I'm not able to dress that often but I'm working on it!

Patty
09-03-2011, 10:37 AM
I am with Karren on this except the jeans part!!!

herwannabe
09-03-2011, 01:27 PM
I am complicated I am a crossdressing male who wants his cake and eat it too as I have always wished I was female, but I could never pass, so I am stuck in this male body so I dress in femm 99% of the time at home. I am not gay by no means. I have always LOVED the female breasts soooooooo.:daydreaming:
So I am a cross between a crossdresser but I would be more if it was posible...part of it is :battingeyelashes:

I dress because I love the feel of women's clothes. also because I wish I was.