PDA

View Full Version : Seems like a JOB <LOL>

AKAMichelle
08-31-2011, 11:40 PM
I haven't dressed in over 4 months for various reasons and this weekend - Michelle is Back. There are so many details to work through that I just can't believe it.

I had gotten out in the sun a little this summer so my skin tones changed a little and needed a different color makeup. Plus the old makeup possibly had dried up. I had my hair colored 6 weeks ago in preparation of getting a human hair wiglet which I now have. I spent weeks looking through the internet to find the perfect wiglet. Wiglet has arrived and the clips had to be moved. So I had to move the clips and reattaching them to the wiglet.

Tonight work continued. I went to Ulta to get the makeup purchased and ended up getting my eyebrows waxed. Tommorrow I have to go the salon to get my wiglet cut and highlights added both to the wiglet and my hair. Then learn how to style the hair. The last step is getting a manicure / pedicure. Then apply the makeup again on Friday before I go out again dressed.

Whew, I am getting tired just writing about all the things required to get out of the house again. It is too much work to dress like a woman. If I wasn't a workacholic I would just dress as a guy.

Anybody else feel my pain sort of speak? :D

PretzelGirl
09-01-2011, 12:02 AM
That'll teach you to take a break. If you do it regularly, this work gets spread out well. :D

I hope you have a ball and go long without interruption!

ReineD
09-01-2011, 12:08 AM
Was it difficult for you to not dress for 4 months?

Welcome back! :)

AllieSF
09-01-2011, 12:14 AM
I don't consider all this wiglet stuff to be routine work. It is partially a one time thing except for the styling needed when using it. I can't wait to see pics of the the new and improved version of Denver's finest Michelle. I also can't wait to read the results of this transformation based on the empirical results of your "I'm back!" night out. Thanks for sharing and have a great time.

Cynthia Anne
09-01-2011, 07:52 AM
I have always loved working! Some jobs are more enjoyable then others though! No job is as enjoyable as getting 'dressed'!:D:hugs:

AKAMichelle
09-01-2011, 08:31 AM
Was it difficult for you to not dress for 4 months?

Welcome back! :)

I took the break to reevaluate things. I had spent a lot of time on Michelle things and had some for male side to do. Enough of them got done so that I have a clearer understanding of me. I think sometimes we spend so much time in the pink fog that we aren't sure of who we really are anymore. So this break was designed to get back to the roots. Plus I had my hair colored for the first time 6 weeks ago. I didn't know if I would like it or not. So I was prepared to cut my hair off completely if necessary to start over again on the hair color. Once you have mostly gray hair it is hard to go back in that direction. Luckily I love my new hair color. I went with a medium brown and getting some highlights today.

I have been preparing for today and tomorrow for several weeks now. that has been much harder because I was ready to go out and couldn't because of the wiglet. I even broke down and did something which I never thought I would. 2 weeks ago I went to Stein Mart looking for a silver Kathy purse. They had one and I bought it, but something just wasn't right. On the way home I talked myself into walking into the Coach factory outlet. My luck had it with a huge sale. So I set off to buy a silver purse and found one that I love. I couldn't say NO so I bought the purse. $100 later I had my purse. I went home feeling very guilty for buying the purse and thought about returning it for hours. Finally I made the decision to keep the Coach purse and return the Kathy purse. On the way back home I made another trip through the Coach store. This time walked out with a black one. It was beautiful. It was $400 and I got it for $120. I had crossed the line to never return again.

I never intended to buy a Coach purse, but I had just signed a nice contract the day before which give me some extra money. Unfortunately I left all of the extra money at Coach. That was quick. Today I will be going to the hair salon in style with my silver Coach purse. I know - I am so badddddddddddd!

Accessories make the girl. :devil:

kimdl93
09-01-2011, 09:13 AM
Welcome back from the hiatus. I haven't gone 4 months w/o dressing for...gosh I don't remember when. I imagine its well enough time to fall out of practice with the routine of make up especially. But, it sounds like you've rebounded quickly - especially with the new hair color and purse!

Tina B.
09-01-2011, 10:19 AM
After the two trips to Coach, I would say Michelle is back with a bang, can't wait to see the new hair color, although, I thought the Grey was looking pretty good, when you started wearing your own hair. So after four months of back to the roots, what have you found out about yourself, and whats next? And what did you do about the mile high club, while not dressing? Can't wait to here it all! Oh, welcome back.
Tina B.

Karren H
09-01-2011, 10:26 AM
I'm at 4 months too.... And have become so lazy this summer that I haven't shaved much and clipped my nails short! Just too much work and I've got so much else going on.... I did buy a sweet pair of new hockey skates!!

SuzanneBender
09-01-2011, 10:53 AM
Its not a job its a career! Its lifelong and also a labor of love. A new wiglet and a Coach purse is getting back in to it with true Michelle style. I am sure I am going to have a ton of work myself to do when I get back after my 11 month hiatus, but its going to be fun!

Elle1946
09-01-2011, 02:16 PM
It might be work, but look at the fun we have.

Lorileah
09-01-2011, 02:26 PM
four months!I always thought summer was the best time to be out and about but it is just to hectic. But if you are like me Fall is the best season to dress up because you can wear so many different things. It has been 12 weeks but it is about showtime again! Glad you are back Michelle.

suchacutie
09-01-2011, 04:29 PM
I'm just starting back as well! I had about a year with very few blocks of time for Tina (3 to be exact but each was 5 days long) so as of Monday I'll be free to let Tina have some time, this time for 3 days and no restraints in the forseeable future except for normal life things, like WORK! (darn, I really do like to eat so much!)

I'm not even sure of all the clothes I have!!! Or even if my bras still fit!

Oh, it's a tough job but someone has to do it!!!

:)

tina

kimdl93
09-01-2011, 04:48 PM
four months!I always thought summer was the best time to be out and about but it is just to hectic. But if you are like me Fall is the best season to dress up because you can wear so many different things. It has been 12 weeks but it is about showtime again! Glad you are back Michelle.

I made a few discoveries this summer. 1) I don't mind it I'm read, so long as I can be out among the living; 2) if I don't mind being read, then I can still wear a tank top, despite the shoulders, and 3) nothing is light enough or cool enough for summer in Houston. I will be looking forward to having the option of wearing more and more variety if this infernal weather ever cools!

Nikki A.
09-01-2011, 05:17 PM
Now with the kids heading back to college I can get back into a routine again. I did miss dressing, but in some ways it was a good thing too. The desire was there but the opportunities were not.

Robin Lee
09-01-2011, 09:37 PM
Just a simple welcome back Michelle, we missed you!

Best Wishes
Robin Lee

AKAMichelle
09-01-2011, 09:47 PM
After the two trips to Coach, I would say Michelle is back with a bang, can't wait to see the new hair color, although, I thought the Grey was looking pretty good, when you started wearing your own hair. So after four months of back to the roots, what have you found out about yourself, and whats next? And what did you do about the mile high club, while not dressing? Can't wait to here it all! Oh, welcome back.
Tina B.

What I learned is mostly about how the 2 sides fit together. They are very interwoven. Even when I out in male mode, I am there in female mode.

Just to add a note about more of the preparations:

Last night I went to buy the makeup and while I was there I got my eyebrows waxed very femininely complete with arches. :D Today I had several issues with the new wiglet. Tried to sew on the clips to hold it in place and couldn't. So I went searching for some wig tape to hold it on. Got the tape and headed to the hair salon. Now I had intended to go dressed but ran out of time with all of the problems at work today. So I went in male mode and got the highlights in my hair and wiglet. The wiglet got cut to the hair style that I wanted. Now everything is in place for me to get dressed tomorrow and get my manicure / pedicure.

One more day. I sure hope the world can handle this much attitude. After 4 months it is all going to come out in one evening.