PDA

View Full Version : Busted!

Lorileah
09-01-2011, 02:42 PM
The other night a female friend said to me "there is a girl on Facebook who shares your birthday and has a similar name and was born the same place you were."

Oh oh guess I been busted :devil: Ok it wasn't a stretch. I am friends with myself, I share a few other friends who know, I tend to use the same sense of humor, we are always on at the same time. As noted I use the same birthday, the same birthplace and of course we know live in the same city (to be truthful we even have spent the night together for 55 years). Twins maybe :)

This is the first person I know who put the clues together and linked me with me. I think the key there is "that I know of". Of course the people who were already in the know knew, but this person wasn't told. She has known it for awhile but has not divulged it to anyone in that circle of friends. Not that she didn't want to because she told me she thinks it is neat. This is the group of people that I don't really want to tell just yet because they seem to have narrow ideas of transgendered people. You know we are all gay and we are all drag queens. I have been slowly chipping at that but maybe I wasn't as subtle as I thought :)

kimdl93
09-01-2011, 02:51 PM
Facinating. So how long do you think she's going to keep the secret? Evidently, she's been able to resist the temptation for a while. Although she hasn't divulged in that particular circle, has she brought anyone else in on it?

What I find interesting is that, like several women that know about me, she "thinks its neat". I realize that its a somewhat selective sample, but I'm astonished by the number of women I've met that are really warmly receptive to me...honestly I get the feeling they really like men who "are in touch with their feminine side" to this extent. Has that been your experience too?

Note: I am not on Facebook, primarily because I'm a Luddite, of course, but also because I'm a bit scared that people will figure me out. One advantage is that I have a fairly unusual name and I know there really is a woman out there with the same first and last name and about the same age. Not twins - but close!

Lorileah
09-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Did you have any photos on the female facebook?

I suppose it would be fun to try and have conversations with yourself across facebook accounts just to confuse her. "Wow you have the same birthday as me!" etc :)

That would be funny and "we" have had discussions back and forth (with a lot of men taking Lori's side over the male side...hmmmm:thinking:) And yes I have many photos on FB but I don't look like me. Wait that doesn't sound right

Facinating. So how long do you think she's going to keep the secret? Evidently, she's been able to resist the temptation for a while. Although she hasn't divulged in that particular circle, has she brought anyone else in on it?

That is up to her. I have given her leeway to do as she pleases. She probably has told others and I am waiting for them to come out to me :) I have gotten a ton of compliments on my legs and how I move recently :thinking: Hmmm

What I find interesting is that, like several women that know about me, she "thinks its neat". I realize that its a somewhat selective sample, but I'm astonished by the number of women I've met that are really warmly receptive to me...honestly I get the feeling they really like men who "are in touch with their feminine side" to this extent. Has that been your experience too?

Yes I see this too and as some is bound to point out that these women think it is neat because they are not romantically involved. I don't find that true either as every woman I have been involved with has known and accepted it (but then it is about the second thing I tell them when I meet them)

I set up the male account with one goal of seeing how long it would take for someone to notice. Almost two years before anyone said anything. That means others know but don't care OR people just don't pay attention to little things.

ps I am fairly out in the public on this so it isn't a big concern

kimdl93
09-01-2011, 03:12 PM
Yes I see this too and as some is bound to point out that these women think it is neat because they are not romantically involved. I don't find that true either as every woman I have been involved with has known and accepted it (but then it is about the second thing I tell them when I meet them)

Honestly, I take the positive feedback from women other than my wife (whom I've seen naked...sorry old joke) is even more interesting. Afterall, they don't have a vested interest.

linda allen
09-01-2011, 03:26 PM
You've got to watch what you post on facebook or any other site. It can spread like wildfire and it never goes away. I think I would have left the birthday and place of birth off or made them different.

Gaby2
09-01-2011, 03:42 PM
The more I read stories like yours, Lorileah, the less I care about who knows what when.
It's all a question of just letting it happen, isn't it!
Your "cautious" openess and sense of humour is everso admirable.
:rose2:Gaby

Lorileah
09-01-2011, 03:54 PM
You've got to watch what you post on facebook or any other site. It can spread like wildfire and it never goes away. I think I would have left the birthday and place of birth off or made them different.

Thank you for your concern and I understand what you are saying.

This however is sort of a social experiment on a social network, so to speak. I was waiting to see how long before someone connected the dots. It was almost two years. I also expected that someone would contact me by message or email and not publicly. I am trying to show that in general people don't care or they don't pay attention. Right now the don't cares are winning. I wonder still how many have made the connection and moved on.

Not telling everyone is a personal matter. There is no reason to tell the world if you don't want the world to know. I have passed that point. There is one caveat to this though. You must tell your Spouse or SO preferably early so that they can make any adjustments they need to make (hopefully they will support you..I have been lucky at that). So I have those that know and accept and those that don't know. I know that everything printed on the 'net and the pictures posted are forever also (even on a safer site like this). I am "out" in general (not 24/7 TS out but out none the less) and if anyone takles the time to do the work they can figure it out. There are those who will do the work but most won't

Nicole Erin
09-01-2011, 04:10 PM
well as much as a priovacy invasion as FB can be, I would not worry too much cause most people on FB are more worried about collecting friends or posting some lame joke or how they are eating the best spaghetti ever! or whatever lame-o crap people post on FB.

Jessica Ames
09-01-2011, 04:15 PM
There is one caveat to this though. You must tell your Spouse or SO preferably early so that they can make any adjustments they need to make (hopefully they will support you..I have been lucky at)

I agree here. I had 2 MySpace accounts a couple years ago. Came out to a few friends via my Jessica profile, but I'm glad I was clear with my wife about it, because your SO may be supportive, but they may not want to have to explain it to their friends/family if you get found out. Having a supportive SO is amazing, but you have to be very sensitive to them in it. Just my 2 cents

eluuzion
09-01-2011, 04:55 PM
hiya L,

'Trust No One'
- caption on Fox Mulder's poster hanging on the wall of the office in X-Files.

"Of course I can keep a secret. It is the people that I tell that can't keep a secret..." :heehee:

"Tell your friend a lie. If he keeps it secret, then tell him the truth."
-Portuguese proverb

"Always make sure that the person your friends know as "you", is the person you would want them to profile, should those friends ever become your enemies."
-eluuzion

I never "refuse" to give out personal information when people ask me for it. It just does not happen to be MY personal information, :D

There, now that I cleared out some of that stuff, I have some empty space in my cognitive warehouse of useless information...so I can fill it with more random thoughts... lol.

Hey, at some point...an ice cube left sitting on the counter will be called water, right? "Secrets" are one of those issues like posting things on the Internet. It is out there "forever" for anybody to discover, and you don't get Muligans.

If anybody gives you any problems, just tell them to call me and I will straighten them right out. Better yet, just give them my e-mail address>>>> someuser@example.com :lurk:

:D regards, :hugs:
Mr. Al Coholic

Kittyagain
09-01-2011, 05:16 PM
They're a couple girl friends I know that would love to know and they would be supportive without question but there husbands would find out and that would not be so good. I am of an age now and I dare say of an attitude, that I worry less about people finding out.

Lorileah, I really like the attitude you have.

Kitty

Mikaela
09-01-2011, 06:59 PM
I have different birthdays and home towns for my two profiles. There are also only two people that have both modes as friends, my current g/f and now my ex-wife. Since neither of them have circles of people that would interact with my family or professional life, I'm ok with it. If her family sees me in her friends list and connects the dots, then so what? They don't see me or impact me now anyway.