PDA

View Full Version : Pleasant experience at Sephora

Alicia_lynn419
09-02-2011, 12:18 PM
Hello all. Just came back from the mall where I had a wonderful experience at Sephora. Getting there as they opened, a sales girl greeted me. I told her I had a shopping list provided by one of my GG friends to replace my "shitty" make-up. The sales girl was so cool and laid back, I even showed her pics of me dressed. She spent well over a half hour with me, showing me different products, explaining things to me. All in all it was a great experience and I plan to shop there again.

It was great to deal with someone who looked at you as a person, not an anomaly.... She said I could always call ahead to see if she was working that day. Even the girl who rang me up was sweet as pie. This has been one of those days where you think there is hope after all....

Miss Maxine
09-02-2011, 12:20 PM
I've had similar experiences with MAC associates. It makes me happy to know that we are so accepted, as far as makeup sales are concerned. I guess they don't really care who buys, as long as we spend!

Sarasometimes
09-02-2011, 12:57 PM
If you feel comfortable enfemme they will do your eye makeup for free. You should buy something if possible. i have had two great eye makeup applications at different locations. Both time the SA's were really sweet and encouraging. They love doing makeup so we are just another opportunity to ply thier trade!!

abigailf
09-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Fun, Fun, Fun. I too had a good experience like that at MAC. I went after work in male mode, had her do my face and left the store like that after I bought some stuff.

Alexes
09-02-2011, 01:16 PM
From tjw sounds of it...reading between the lines, you were not dressed as a gurl. If that's the case even more awsome.

divamissz
09-02-2011, 02:47 PM
What they care about is that you're a paying customer. If you're a boy or a girl? That's less important. I have a Beauty Insider card, so I get discounts throughout the year and freebies; go to their website and sign up.

sissystephanie
09-02-2011, 03:20 PM
Smart SA's realize that money is good regardless of who is paying. In todays economy all potential buyers are possible goldmines. Whether they are GG's or CD's should not make any difference!

Alicia_lynn419
09-03-2011, 12:48 AM
That's my logic,,,, my money is as green as anyone Else's. And yes, I went shopping in boy mode. The SA, when she saw my pics, said I was cute..... my heart could have melted!

Katrina Black
09-03-2011, 01:17 AM
I had the exact same experance ...i brought some pictures of myself to kinda prove that i could look decent .. im really just self taught .....I felt i just needed the right make up to make the next step ... the sales girl was awesome she never made me feel embarresed or uncomfortable and spent the time explaning what was what ...she even said my pictures were nice ..that was a big boost for me.