PDA

View Full Version : Guess I do have my limits

sandra-leigh
09-02-2011, 12:49 PM
I'm generally in a night-gown of some time from bed-time-ish (or before) until I get ready to go to work around noon. Sometimes I get dressed earlier though, and I routinely wear just-over-the-border femme clothes. On the rare days that I am alone in the house, I wear whatever feels right at the time, including skirt or dress. If someone comes to the door, I answer in whatever I'm wearing.

My wife routinely gets parcels delivered, so it isn't uncommon for the postman to ring in the morning for a signature. I answer in whatever clothes I'm wearing. After all, the womens-wear catalogs are addressed to me and the deliveries from those firms are addressed to me.

Today, though, with my wife being away, I have been wearing a very short nightie -- as in just barely down to there when I'm standing still and straight, and with a cut up the side. And the postman rang. For once I decided that maybe what I was wearing would be a bit too much. My panties would surely have been visible as I raised my arms to sign for the parcel, and I am not one to show off my panties (at least not the bottom of them.) So I stopped briefly and changed in to a different longer nightgown.

So much for my theory that "I'll wear whatever I want to my door and let the other person deal with it" :doh:

Katie83
09-02-2011, 01:00 PM
That was probably a good move! I admire your courage answering the front door in a night gown in the first place.
Katie

abigailf
09-02-2011, 01:09 PM
Sounds like modesty to me. That's the kind of girl one brings home to mother :)

Wendy_Marie
09-02-2011, 02:36 PM
I'm generally in a night-gown of some time from bed-time-ish (or before) until I get ready to go to work around noon. Sometimes I get dressed earlier though, and I routinely wear just-over-the-border femme clothes. On the rare days that I am alone in the house, I wear whatever feels right at the time, including skirt or dress. If someone comes to the door, I answer in whatever I'm wearing.

My wife routinely gets parcels delivered, so it isn't uncommon for the postman to ring in the morning for a signature. I answer in whatever clothes I'm wearing. After all, the womens-wear catalogs are addressed to me and the deliveries from those firms are addressed to me.

Today, though, with my wife being away, I have been wearing a very short nightie -- as in just barely down to there when I'm standing still and straight, and with a cut up the side. And the postman rang. For once I decided that maybe what I was wearing would be a bit too much. My panties would surely have been visible as I raised my arms to sign for the parcel, and I am not one to show off my panties (at least not the bottom of them.) So I stopped briefly and changed in to a different longer nightgown.

So much for my theory that "I'll wear whatever I want to my door and let the other person deal with it" :doh:

You didn't do anything that any GG wouldn't have done...that is unless she was wanting the postman to ring twice!

JohnH
09-02-2011, 02:55 PM
When I get up in the morning at 07:00 the first thing after I shower and shave is to put on street clothes, whether it is a dress, a denim skirt with a shirt, or pants and a shirt, so I can answer the door when someone rings the bell.

My wife on the other hand lounges around in a nightgown so she lets me answer the door.

Johanna

sissystephanie
09-02-2011, 03:16 PM
I do wear nightgowns, and also have some very short ones!! But since I usually am up around 7 AM EST no one is knocking on my door!! My mail is not delivered until around 3 PM and any other package delivery is made even later!! But regardless, when I get up the nightgown comes off and regular clothes go on! They may be feminine and they may not, depending on what I am going to be doing that day!! Actually, I think it would be fun to answer the door in my nightgown!! They are either satin or silk and very feminine!!

TxKimberly
09-02-2011, 03:29 PM
There is a distinct difference between self acceptance and pride in yourself ("I will wear what I want") and being rude and worse. Going to the door in a reasonably modest night gown can be a sign of pride and self acceptance. Going to the door in something that shows your . . . .err . . . hardware . . . would have shown a complete lack of class and decency.
Short answer - it seems to me that you made the right call.

Cynthia Anne
09-03-2011, 12:24 AM
If you got it show it! NO wait! Just kidding! Any decent girl will cover up what covers her A$$!:D Hugs!:)

girlygirly
09-03-2011, 01:44 AM
I sometimes fall asleep on the sofa during the afternoon on the weekends, usually in a nightie. A couple weekends ago it was a nice day and I had the AC off. The front door was open a couple feet, but the screen door was locked and you can't see in the living room from the street. Nothing to worry about, wrong!

I was startled awake by a tapping on the screen door, and it was completely unexpected. I couldn't get up and leave without being seen, but I also couldn't ignore it because my feet and legs were visible from the door and I had sat up when they knocked.

Split second decision time, I decided to answer it in my nightie, which was top-of-the-thigh length. It was a perky college-aged girl from some non-profit. I got bashful all of a sudden and apologized for the nightie, she nonchalantly said it was no big deal. She was asking for me to sign her mailing list and/or donate money. I suddenly realized I was standing in my front doorway in a nightie, and asked her if she wanted to step in for a sec while I got her some money. I realized my money was in my purse, which was on a chair across the room. I was also a little flustered by it all at that point.

When I walked over to the chair to get the money, I knocked my purse on the floor while I was fumbling around looking for the cash in the bottom of it. I bent over to get it without thinking about what I was wearing, then realized when I felt the breeze on my panty-covered butt. I could feel myself starting to blush by then.

I donated ten dollars, and apologized profusely. She was pretty much smiling at that point, like she was stifling laughter. I told her I honestly wasn't some kind of pervert. She thanked me for the donation, told me not to worry, and said she liked the undies.

Where were all the girls like this twenty years ago?

Danielle Gee
09-03-2011, 07:45 AM
There is a distinct difference between self acceptance and pride in yourself ("I will wear what I want") and being rude and worse. Going to the door in a reasonably modest night gown can be a sign of pride and self acceptance. Going to the door in something that shows your . . . .err . . . hardware . . . would have shown a complete lack of class and decency.
Short answer - it seems to me that you made the right call.

Well said Kim: I agree , being modest is a very feminine trait!!

Phylis Nicole Schuyler
09-03-2011, 10:25 PM
I sometimes fall asleep on the sofa during the afternoon on the weekends, usually in a nightie. A couple weekends ago it was a nice day and I had the AC off. The front door was open a couple feet, but the screen door was locked and you can't see in the living room from the street. Nothing to worry about, wrong!

I was startled awake by a tapping on the screen door, and it was completely unexpected. I couldn't get up and leave without being seen, but I also couldn't ignore it because my feet and legs were visible from the door and I had sat up when they knocked.

Split second decision time, I decided to answer it in my nightie, which was top-of-the-thigh length. It was a perky college-aged girl from some non-profit. I got bashful all of a sudden and apologized for the nightie, she nonchalantly said it was no big deal. She was asking for me to sign her mailing list and/or donate money. I suddenly realized I was standing in my front doorway in a nightie, and asked her if she wanted to step in for a sec while I got her some money. I realized my money was in my purse, which was on a chair across the room. I was also a little flustered by it all at that point.

When I walked over to the chair to get the money, I knocked my purse on the floor while I was fumbling around looking for the cash in the bottom of it. I bent over to get it without thinking about what I was wearing, then realized when I felt the breeze on my panty-covered butt. I could feel myself starting to blush by then.

I donated ten dollars, and apologized profusely. She was pretty much smiling at that point, like she was stifling laughter. I told her I honestly wasn't some kind of pervert. She thanked me for the donation, told me not to worry, and said she liked the undies.

Where were all the girls like this twenty years ago?

40 years ago, my girl friend accepted my crossdressing, infact she got me into it quite profusely, to a point that my mom found female lingerie in my bedroom and washed them and layed them folded on my bed. The girls were around back then, you just had to be at the right place, at the right time, with the right person.