PDA

View Full Version : An opportunity that I will miss

Sometimes Steffi
09-02-2011, 04:48 PM
My wife is going in for shoulder surgery in about a week, and she expects her right arm to be in a sling for 4 to 6 weeks.

We were talking about what she wouldn't be able to do, and where she would need my help. I can't remember how it came up, but she said she wouldn't be able to put on her own mascara. She said she used to be more ambidextrous, but she tried putting it on with her left hand and wasn't sufficiently coordinated.

This is where I wanted to jump and say, "Ooh, ooh. I know how to put on mascara and I'd be glad to do it for you." In truth, I'm just a newby at putting on mascara, but what a way to be taught and get a lot of practice. Even though she knows about XD Steffi (to some limited extent), Makeup Steffi is still very much in the closet. Instead, I meekly told her that I could probably figure it out if she wanted me to. She responded that she didn't want to get blinded. She would go without mascara until she could do it herself.

sissystephanie
09-02-2011, 10:02 PM
Steffi, I had my right shoulder replaced 3 years ago and I am right handed!! But my late wife always did my makeup and when she passed away 6 years ago, I just decided to completely skip using make up!! I still go out dressed enfemme, but with no makeup.

I don't blame your wife not wanting you to do it! Unless you are real good, you could cause some problems!! Still, it would be a good way to get practice!!

Jorja
09-02-2011, 11:16 PM
Well the big chicken! She just won't look the same without her mascara. :D

Cynthia Anne
09-02-2011, 11:44 PM
Whoa! Back up girl! Practice makes perfect! Show her your love! Practice on your self! And show her you can do it by letting her see you doing it to yourself! Hugs!