PDA

View Full Version : What are traditional girly mannerisms and behavior?

seanmuscle
09-02-2011, 05:07 PM
Examples of the stereotypical girl.

VioletJourney
09-02-2011, 07:58 PM
They move their hands a lot. Go hang out with some girls and watch them, you'll see.

Michaela42
09-02-2011, 08:09 PM
A lot of eye contact and expressive facial movements (i.e. raising of the eyebrows, tilting of the head, etc...) and above all else, SMILE! But that is just my two cents worth.

Cynthia Anne
09-03-2011, 12:35 AM
Are you asking about blonds or redheads!:D:drink::brolleyes::drink:

noeleena
09-03-2011, 04:50 AM
Hi,

I have lots of little things that i do . i wont say as a traditional girl / woman , yet my manirisms & some of my behavior is more as who i am.
I did not think i was girly, or femmine , i am a lot more than i reliased. tho i thought i was more masculine . in looks i am yet even that in part is wrong . i have a lot of women friends ,& some as we talk will tell me what they think. & thats so lovely because im finding out about my self as a woman my friends are straight up & will tell me good or bad,

Eyes eye brow's, movement of my head. my hands, body movements little curtsy's . my manirism's just really show a full of life, interested in other's lots of talking tho listning is a must . i just express my self all of me .my body langage is all on , a bit like a fairie dainty in my movements yet flowing exited. & love being around my friends. allways inviting them to things our groups do.

To day i was dressed in my Renaissance clothes as a wench red & cream skirt fully done was lovely & was seen by about 100 people both my friends & others coming to our Village, & had lots of lovely remarks, was just a lovely day . i spos my words are a girl'e woman who is all out there,

...noeleena...

Michelle James
09-03-2011, 08:43 AM
Are you asking about blonds or redheads!:D:drink::brolleyes::drink:

My SO is a redhead and I can attest to the fact that there is a difference. LOL

adrienner99
09-03-2011, 08:48 AM
Watch an old movie with Grace Kelly....

Inna
09-03-2011, 09:08 AM
We:
get ballistic when the toilet seat is wet, grrrrrrr
accept "I am sorry" no matter what the circumstance, thinking it solves everything.
time flows faster especially when getting ready, Einstein didn't include that part, what a jerk.
driving is a nuisance instead of a privilege
able to make man feel at fault without saying anything
simply are superior to man and way better looking, when god created man she said I had created you in my own image......then she looked in the mirror...........screamed "WOoooow, that doesn't look anything like I".....and made a necessary upgrade adding wow to already existing man.......hence a woman

juno
09-03-2011, 09:30 AM
Females move a lot, and do so gracefully. You barely hear them walk across the floor, whereas men's feet stomp across the floor, which my wife calls "walking like a cow". I think it is very useful to learn to dance, then remember that life is a dance, not construction work. Hear the music in your head when walking. If you have the courage, don't stop even when you are stuck wearing men's clothes. You cannot learn to be your true self if you keep stomping on it with societal conformance.

People often try to emulate a female walk by wiggling their butt. That is completely wrong. The key is that the upper and lower body move independently, sort of like a modern tank. Learn to walk without any movements above the waist. You should naturally learn to step your feet in a single line to avoid side-to-side movement, and your hips should develop a natural motion to maintain balance. I think this comes from an instinct for gently holding a baby while walking. When your lower body learns to walk correctly, the upper body can do what it wants, including lots of hand gestures while talking, even if it is via cell phone.

Smiling is important. Women are very emotional, but you should also be good at hiding your emotions and putting on a fake smile. But, don't just ignore your emotions. Denial is what men do. You just need to have control of when you let your emotions out. So, make yourself have a good time when out with friends even if you don't feel like it. You can cry with a close friend later. If you are not into crying when you feel sad, you are not really letting your female self out.

SabrinaEmily
09-04-2011, 09:29 AM
Smiling is important. Women are very emotional, but you should also be good at hiding your emotions and putting on a fake smile. But, don't just ignore your emotions. Denial is what men do. You just need to have control of when you let your emotions out. So, make yourself have a good time when out with friends even if you don't feel like it. You can cry with a close friend later. If you are not into crying when you feel sad, you are not really letting your female self out.

I've always hated being told to smile, and always answered it with a glare. I'm not changing that for anyone. I'm not in this to be "a woman," I'm in it to be me, and that means a person who smiles when and only when she chooses to.

Adriennegrl
09-04-2011, 09:46 AM
Females move a lot, and do so gracefully. You barely hear them walk across the floor

Maybe true for most, but I roomed w/ a lady that walked like an elephant! I lived below and could always hear her walking... I mean tromping above me.

Pythos
09-04-2011, 09:59 AM
EVery last one of these qualities related to females is sterotypical. They are not fact.

Men can and do move their hands a lot. Ever seen an Italian male in conversation with another male? (yes possible stereotype). There is nothing manly or fem about moving your hands about in conversation.

Now not stomping around. Tell a ninja, or martial artist that because he can move silently and not shake the ground, he is girly. My mother stomps about the house, especially when wearing boots. This is yet another stereotype that is not fact. (The GG thumped along too, lol)

The simple answer is there are no girly movements or mannerisms. They are simply associated with being "girly" due to for all intents and purposes, ignorance.

The graceful movements we connnect with feminine were at one time common for both genders. Just for some reason men started dragging their knuckles again. :)

Babeba
09-04-2011, 10:44 AM
EVery last one of these qualities related to females is sterotypical. They are not fact.

Men can and do move their hands a lot. Ever seen an Italian male in conversation with another male? (yes possible stereotype). There is nothing manly or fem about moving your hands about in conversation.

Now not stomping around. Tell a ninja, or martial artist that because he can move silently and not shake the ground, he is girly. My mother stomps about the house, especially when wearing boots. This is yet another stereotype that is not fact. (The GG thumped along too, lol)

The simple answer is there are no girly movements or mannerisms. They are simply associated with being "girly" due to for all intents and purposes, ignorance.

The graceful movements we connnect with feminine were at one time common for both genders. Just for some reason men started dragging their knuckles again. :)

Pythos, I totally agree with you on this!!!

I think that sometimes, though, TG girls and GG girls DO buy in to stereotypes, often when they're trying too hard. It is hard to remember sometimes that it's not your external behaviour that makes you innately a woman.

eluuzion
09-04-2011, 05:12 PM
With the understanding that every issue has exceptions and generalizations are generalizations...here are few characteristics you can find in research studies...

-Women are "relaters" and men are "resolvers" when it comes to conversation.

-Women do not occupy as much physical space as men. Such as keeping their elbows/arms close to their bodies. Women maintain good posture compared to men, who tend to "spread out" and slouch. Women sit back against the seatbacks of chairs (instead of sitting on the edge and spreading out their legs.

-Women are good listeners and are focused on establishing a "connection." They are relating to feelings more than looking for a "solution" (typical male).

-Generally speaking, they are not big joke-tellers and comedians in conversations. Men do.

-Women want to be heard and understood...not "fixed".

-Women tend to stand "next" to each other when talking together, where men tend to face each other when conversing.

- Women smile more than men.

-Women lead with their hips, men lead with their shoulders

- Women keep their head erect and centered on their bodies. Men tend to extend their heads forward.

-Women notice the color of your shoes. Men only notice if you are not wearing any, lol.

-Women extend their hands out palms down(facing out) to look at their nails.
-Women take smaller (shorter) steps

When women are attracted to a man, they... (there are about 52 "standardized signals) like...
-play with their hair.
-push their hair back exposing their neck.
-expose the underside of their wrists.
-cross their legs toward the person they are attracted to. ("blocking them in")
-lick their lips.
-caress objects with their hands...a glass, etc.
- adjust their clothing
- separate themselves from the group they are in. Like walking over to put something in a hanging coat, or look out a window, or "inspect " something. It sets them apart from their group and centers attention on them
-"flashes" you by raising her eyebrows briefly.
-let us not forget the most important one, she will figure out a way to touch you.:thumbsup:

Women typically use landmarks when giving directions ("turn right after you pass that red bus stop , then start looking for a church on the right side)". Instead of ( "go west about one mile, turn south onto 22nd and go about a mile and a half.")

The list goes on and on...believe what you like, object to what you do not...it is all based upon perceptions anyway:heehee:

:love:

ReineD
09-04-2011, 05:29 PM
Well, since Sean asked for "stereotypical" characteristics, and the definition of a stereotype is a popular and simplified belief about groups of people (i.e. painting with a broad brush), this is my answer:

She bats her eyes a lot.
She is helpless.
She has many "blonde" moments, i.e, she is empty-headed.
She is easily distracted with shiny things, such as jewelry.
She longs for a strong man to come and rescue her.

I could go on and on, but I'll stop here. I'm glad that Sean didn't ask what is the stereotype of a CD. :p

LilSissyStevie
09-04-2011, 05:44 PM
EVery last one of these qualities related to females is sterotypical.

Sean did ask for "Examples of the stereotypical girl.":brolleyes:

The main difference between females and males is that females talk A LOT more. My wife can say the same thing in 100 words that I can say in 5. My first wife wasn't like that, though, she only talked about three times as much as me. I guess it was because she was kind of introverted and depressive. I've never met a woman who couldn't talk me under the table. Yet I've met men who talk less than I do.
:heehee:

Kaz
09-04-2011, 06:15 PM
What I have always loved about stereotypes is that the poeple I usually engage with are not stereotypes... I know more women who do not talk a lot than those that do, etc... maybe in my life I have actively sought out non-stereotypes? But when I dress... maybe I am conforming to stereotypes? Interesting!

Pythos
09-04-2011, 07:35 PM
Yep, I forgot the "sterotypical" part of the O.P.

Sorry.

Brunette moment :P

Annaliese2010
09-04-2011, 07:50 PM
Verrrrrry verbal which..............i've always been. In fact iv'e lost alot of potential gg female gf's that way. just cant hold back..i'm too too talky...turns em off. in fact one even remarked i sound like a dam f#g...but i'm NOT :sad:...awww. really im not - but in saying that, dont mean to imply anything wrong w/those who are. anyways i am my own worst enemy 'cause of my verbal propensity i.e. Thats which IS stereotypically a feminine trait. yeah duh...im feminine...so what. doesnt make me 'gay'. even tho i will admit im partial to other M2F trandgendered girls...but see? thats not male 'gayness'. Lesbianism is a closer fit...no pun intended....a di#ks a di#k a cl#ts a cl#t...its not form its function...its the girl who lives within...tee hee :o

BlondeFarrah
09-05-2011, 09:20 AM
For me, the main mannerisms are

movements of hands, specially wrists
shaking hips when youre walking.
speaking slowly , almost whispering

these work for me..I feel very girlie and sexy doing it.

I find the pleasure od dressing up being a stereotypical girl.

Kaitlyn26
09-05-2011, 10:20 AM
Women seem to have more self confidence than men. It's a rarity that I observe a woman that's hunched over and depressed, but men appear like this often. I've also noticed that women seem to take longer strides in each step than men, in relation to their body height. They also seem to walk with more of a purpose in mind at all times, whether it be moving quickly to save time, or make themselves noticeable or even in your way if they deem it necessary. To a man the purpose of walking is always to move as quickly as possible, while not having to stop to catch their breath. They also seem to use their hips much more freely than men. GMs appear stiff in their hips and GGs appear limber in that area of the body. I've not noticed the hand movement in any quantity. I do think that women generally put forth more effort in the way they speak to people, but overall having good hand movement doesn't seem to be an ability anymore present than in men. They also speak to people in a much more soothing manner than a man. If a woman asks you for help in a store she's more likely to be happy and smile (to break the ice), than a male who's much more likely to be frustrated or at least have a stern and serious look on his face (to break the ice).

That brings me to a point, don't go around with a massive smile at all times. Learn to control your smile or people will think you are trying to make contact with them, or maybe even crazy. GGs do smile but it's normally when they wish to interact with another. Working in retail I can tell by the new presence of a smile that a woman desires help, as soon as they put the smile on. In fact, in the past I've had GGs smile at me for whatever reason, and mistakenly thought they needed my help when in reality they just wanted to smile at me. It's also a cause for misinterpretation of flirting.

Another thing I observe is walking. Men often waddle, or exaggerate a natural walking posture, women rarely do this. Overall I think the whole mannerism thing comes down to one particular variation in the genders. Woman seem to poses a superior amount of body control and project a more conscious effort to interact properly in society, and men tend to take the easiest route in the process. The biggest "proof" I have for this is that some women, spend their entire lives holding their stomach inward because they do not wish to show their true size. Men stick their gut out and simply do not care.

KellyG
09-10-2011, 09:05 AM
Women keep their head erect and centered on their bodies. Men tend to extend their heads forward.
This helps: having long hair reminds you to stand straight, so the hair doesn't droop in front of your face.