PDA

View Full Version : How to keep the girlish figure

SweetIonis
09-02-2011, 06:07 PM
Anyone got any tips on how to keep that "girlish" figure. I try to avoid excessive eating at night. Also I rarely eat foods heavy in fat and sugar like cake. I eat a lot of vegetables and fruit.

Any more?

Belinda Gail
09-02-2011, 06:19 PM
It depends on body metabolism...I eat a bowl of cereal in the morn, drink milk or tea during day to keep stomach semi full then eat healthy for dinner...Also walking doesnt hurt...Thats it for me...

Kaitlyn26
09-02-2011, 06:20 PM
Get up off that thing, and make yourself feel better! In other words stay active and eat healthy and the girlish figure you have should stay around. :)

Badtranny
09-02-2011, 06:20 PM
Hire Inna to be your coach. What she did with her body is nothing short of amazing.

Karren H
09-02-2011, 06:32 PM
I play ice hockey a couple days a week... Work out on my universal gym in my garage.. Walk at noon... Eat good and wear a corset!! Lol. If the first 4 don't work the corset will!! :)

Kaitlyn26
09-02-2011, 06:35 PM
I play ice hockey a couple days a week... Work out on my universal gym in my garage.. Walk at noon... Eat good and wear a corset!! Lol. If the first 4 don't work the corset will!! :)

What about wearing the corset while playing ice hockey?

NathalieX66
09-02-2011, 06:40 PM
i gave up soft drinks, but I might sneak a Coke for a treat once a week.....no more than that. The corn syrup in soda is worse than the sugar.

I run 3-5 miles 4-5 times a week. It's a way of life.

I learned to get rid of a beer gut using an ab roller.....something I learned on http://reneereyes.com/

If any of you think you have issues, just walk a mile a day or every other day for a while, that's a start. Tt's simple, you feel no fatigue, and you will feel great the next day......that's a start.

Karren H
09-02-2011, 06:49 PM
What about wearing the corset while playing ice hockey?

Way too much breathing involved playing hockey. I do wear a sports bra! The energy consumption is amazing. I take a 5 hour energy before the game and 2 GU energy gel packs during the game just to make it through.

Jennifer Marie P.
09-02-2011, 06:52 PM
Go to the gym walk a few miles and stay away from soda and fried foods.

SweetIonis
09-02-2011, 06:54 PM
BT, Inna is the bomb! Hopefully she will drop in and give us some tips for free!!!

Karren, u b 2 crazy!!!! Seriously, I don't like wearing those things.

Kaz
09-02-2011, 07:08 PM
My youngest daughter has a figure to die for... she drinks gallons of water a day, eats fresh fruit, salad, meat sparingly but regularly, eats big breakfasts (cereals and fruit), and runs a few miles most days. She does like a baked potato with a protein based filling (tuna, cheese, etc) as a main meal.

But she also eats the stuff I serve her when she is home! As long as it is not for long, in which case she does her own food!

larry
09-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Nathalie,Thanks for the link..

Julie in Virginia
09-02-2011, 07:58 PM
Cardio, cardio, cardio - and eat as little as possible for breakfast and lunch.

Chloe Renee
09-02-2011, 09:18 PM
My little routine for the last couple months has been Yoga 3 time s a week, eliminating soda and converting my desk to a stand up desk. Since May I have dropped 24 lbs. It would be more but I slipped off the wagon a bit I have been having soda now and again. I have also been using an app on my phone http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ which is a great for tracking calories. I really don't consider it a diet, considering I eat almost anything I want, in fact I am having a beer right now, even after this I still have 348 calories left for the day.

Taylor Skyrim
09-02-2011, 09:21 PM
I eat anything and almost everything that is edible because i have an extremely high metabolism(10 times the normal human if I remember right). I also walk 2-3 miles a day which also helps.

Alberta_Pat
09-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Young girlish figure? I have one of those. 14 years old an d4 months preggers.

sissystephanie
09-02-2011, 09:53 PM
Even at my advanced age I still have a somewhat girlish figure. Especially since I definitely have natural 40 B's!! I do watch my diet and exercise every day. Strength training one day and then cardio the next day!! I am diabetic so really have to watch the sugar intake!! It is work, but well worth doing!!

LilSissyStevie
09-02-2011, 10:19 PM
Buy a farm and raise your own hogs. Pig fat! That's the secret. Whenever you get a hankerin' for some of those healthy whole grains or steel cut oats or organic fresh fruit, potatoes, beets or carrots, feed them to your hog. That's what makes them fat. Then you eat the pig along with some leafy green vegetables and that keeps you thin. Try not to work too hard or you'll work up an appetite.

Kathi Lake
09-02-2011, 11:21 PM
I'm with Taylor, it's all about the metabolism.

. . . And the hating begins in

. . .

:)

BiancaEstrella
09-02-2011, 11:41 PM
I've heard (and tried, with decent success) that you can develop hips by standing up, placing a broomstick across the back of your shoulders, hanging your arms over the broomstick, and doing side-bends.

Kaitlyn26
09-03-2011, 12:23 AM
I've heard (and tried, with decent success) that you can develop hips by standing up, placing a broomstick across the back of your shoulders, hanging your arms over the broomstick, and doing side-bends.

I do squats and leg lifts and it seems to work for me. Here's what my hips look like. I've always had bigish hips though so it may not help other people.

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m568/dragonslayer26/DSCF0269.jpg
I know smoking is bad but I'm trying to quit. :)

Farrah Rose
09-03-2011, 12:41 AM
I have a high metabolism, but i also run and play sports alot. Minimum 3 days a week for atleast 2hrs a session.

Kathy4ever
09-03-2011, 02:55 AM
I'm still working on getting a girlish figure. I Cut back on soda. Try to exercise three to 5 times a week. I do walking,stationary bike, Yoga, do some weight training once a week . Lost over 20 lbs since January. I just do different things, but when I do the bike I feel it tighten up my belly. As most men that is the trouble sopt. Wish I could suck it out and split it between the breast and butt regions.

k lynn
09-03-2011, 05:12 AM
Eat a balanced diet no soda lots of water weight training and cardio I like to mixit up boxing jumping ropetread mill and running

pernille d
09-03-2011, 07:47 AM
motion + diet s what its all about , and thats common sence !!! . My sport is triathlon so lots of traning for all parts of the body, not too much excess mussle build up but it suretones up what you already have, it certainly gives me a good figure , great legs and a rock solid behind . that a lot of women would die for,

sorry to say it but there is no miricale pill or diet as in the long run it al boils down to a bait of hard work from your side with both the mental so you eat well and the phyisical so you firm up .

Kari
09-03-2011, 07:48 AM
I eat what i like but ride my bike two or three times a week for 20/25 miles, seems to work for me...

*Andrea*
09-03-2011, 08:18 AM
I just cut soda and fast food, plus drinking a lot of water. I lost 15 pounds in 4 months. Now I'm trying to do regular exercise...

Vieja
09-03-2011, 09:12 AM
On my short list of things to hate is "Thin People". Some of them can eat all they want and not gain an ounce but to a lot of them food is not even important.

I say "come on lets go get a banana split" they say " Oh not now, maybe tomorrow or next week or next year." It is said that life is not fair and that is true.

If I even sit next to a dish of ice cream I gain weight.

Vieja

docrobbysherry
09-03-2011, 11:15 AM
I stopped working out at the gym and at home with weights. Muscles AREN'T girlie! And all those workouts increased my appetite! Just do core strengthening and stretching excersizes daily now.

Switched from beer to red wine.

Cut down on portions at lunch and dinner and substitute ice tea to fill up! Only teas with or without lemon and no sugar!

Rachel Morley
09-03-2011, 01:22 PM
How I do it is don't eat foods high in fat and/or sugar (that's mostly fast food) and keep your home cooked portion sizes sensible. Fill up more on fruits and vegetables. Oh .... and moderate exercise (like brisk walking) three times a week for 30 minutes.

SuzanneBender
09-03-2011, 01:27 PM
Watch your fatty food intake and work out. I like Sherry do not do a lot of weights and when I do they are light and high reps. I run ALOT and that helps to keep me thin and toned.

Kaitlyn26
09-03-2011, 01:30 PM
On my short list of things to hate is "Thin People". Some of them can eat all they want and not gain an ounce but to a lot of them food is not even important.

I say "come on lets go get a banana split" they say " Oh not now, maybe tomorrow or next week or next year." It is said that life is not fair and that is true.

If I even sit next to a dish of ice cream I gain weight.

Vieja

I do agree that thin people love food less than people who over eat. I don't understand why people prioritize the taste of something that's only going to last 10 seconds at a time and 15 mins total, when your health will be around for life. Feel good for 15 mins, or feel good for life? It doesn't take a genius to figure out the better deal. :)

Katie83
09-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Not eating fatty, greasy foods and eating plenty of fruit and veg is what i do. I also have an active job so i am on the move all day, helps keep me flexible too i think. I don't do weights or training etc i hate the idea of getting noticeable muscles.
Katie

Tara D. Rose
09-03-2011, 02:00 PM
I'm 5'9" and weigh 155lbs. I've been this size ever since getting out of high school. I guess I may be lucky in that regard for I can eat anything I want and as much as I want all the time. And usually among people my age it is harder for some to take weight off. I'm 54 years old, and I still have the same body shape and size since 18 years old. I guess I'm one of those lucky ones. I have two younger brothers that are fat and bald. I guess when I put on my D's I gain ten pounds ha ha.
Love & Respct.........Tara

Luciana Vitale
09-03-2011, 03:00 PM
Light lunch and dinner, green tea and toast at the morning, apple at 10:00, grapes at mid. morning, jogging 4 miles every other day and bicycle the rest, and at the end of the day a glass of red wine.... it works for me and feel good !!

SweetIonis
09-15-2011, 03:29 AM
Four miles, wow!

I forgot to mention, I eat tofu. Good source of calcium and protein.

Kate Simmons
09-15-2011, 03:37 AM
Willpower basically. What it boils down to is the question:"Is you is or is you ain't?" you are what you determine yourself to be, girlish figure notwithstanding. :battingeyelashes::)

SweetIonis
09-15-2011, 03:54 AM
"Is you is or is you ain't?" you are what you determine yourself to be, girlish figure notwithstanding. :battingeyelashes::)

"Je pense donc je suis", Descartes speak for "I think therefore I am".

What I say is that "I am that I am". LOL!!!

Willpower is important. However I think it's also important to understand that there are limits as to what willpower alone can accomplish. For example depsite all the willpower in the world, for most (practically all) people it's just not going to possible to become a physicist like Einstein or Tesla, at least not in this life. Such folks are rare.

I think one of the problems in the West is that people are too into rugged individualism. There needs to be that type of spirit, but it has to be within realistic bounds. Sometimes the solution to many problems can be found in realizing that there is no point in trying to force a particular outcome, because it just won't be possible given the conditions we might be faced with. Sometimes you have to make due with the cards you are given and just accept that.

GingerLeigh
09-15-2011, 04:00 AM
Pop and beer are ALWAYS bad for your belly. Go for a walk, often. Eat what you want in but in moderation. This includes the baddies like sugary things, so go ahead and eat them. Don't deprive yourself of life's simple pleasures, just don't be a glutton!

SweetIonis
09-15-2011, 04:05 AM
I agree on the walking thing Gin Gin. It's easy, and it's you can spend time thinking out your thoughts. Jogging is good, but if you do it on the pavement, it can wear on the knees.

ReineD
09-15-2011, 04:20 AM
Avoid getting old. Then you might avoid the middle age spread that inevitably will come, unless it is countermanded with supreme efforts in diet restriction combined with strenuous exercise. :D

SweetIonis
09-15-2011, 05:08 AM
Well you can't stop getting old, and that's one of those things where there's just a limit as to what can be accomplished with will power alone.

So I guess the solution is to starve yourself to death and exercise until you drop! LMAO!!!

JUST KIDDING!! DON'T TAKE THAT SERIOUSLY!!!!!

noeleena
09-15-2011, 06:18 AM
Hi.

Depends on age body type food intake exercie work & time out & fasting .& a clean mind & body.

age from when i started work 15 y, have maintained my weight of 11 stone = 154 lb's for for 49 y. food, eat what i need not a wont . food to me is fuel. drink water milo milk . exercie worked in the building sector 46 y , bike riding some on avg 300 miles a week not now as i dont need to so do the walking with sommer our female Lab.shes allmost 8 y.

Time out or not working eat less & fasting a day or two with out food about once every two months . just have a snack & drink,

Some times over the years many have excess food because of issue's & so food & drink the hard stuff becomes a comfort thing so not good allso fast foods , okay now & again is good just not all the time choc'e sweets okay just dont over do it, if you must drink then be carefull. too much & most know where that leads the gut, plus other big issue's later in life.

meat a little is good tho you can live with out it lots of greens & fruits nuts. & even dried fruits.

Any thing that harms your body well dont do it it will catch up.

To have a figuer wether male or female looking back iv been carefull. & have a nice womans body . tho i do not for get with out how i looked after my self , i would not look as good as i do at age 64. skin weight & shape is more than i could have wished for wether im male or female . tho being both has really been my asset in so many ways, so prep in your early years is a must,

...noeleena...

christina s
09-15-2011, 06:21 AM
My upper body is still huge but diet ,cardio and light free weight exercises such as squats and deadlifts .

Shelly67
09-15-2011, 10:45 AM
WATER .
Everytime we start to dehydrate , the brain gives out the same message as hunger . Simple way to keep an eye on water levels , urine colour or the colour of the tongue . SIP don't guzzle the stuff , and if you really wanna shed some weight , try the Paul Gasgoine method ( ex uk football player ) - everytime you feel hungry drink a pink of water lay down for 10 minutes . It worked for him . Other than that , here's another simple idea , swap your dinner plate for a smaller plate . In time when the stomaches shrunk the food intake will be smaller but still feel full . Theres one pure evil vice that holds the tummy hips , thighs , bingo wings in production .
Booze .
If a drink is tempting , drink Gin , Barcardi , Voda with soda .
Bl**dy stuff ....alcohol .... creeps up on you and swells all areas .
But so does cream , chocolate , chips ...... the list is endless .
Suddenly I feel hungry ......... off to the fridge.

Ellyn
09-15-2011, 10:56 AM
Just a few rambling dietary observations. Much of the fat people put on is caused by not eating nutricious foods. Look at many of those who "dine" at MacDonald"s. The body wants nutrition, and if it is not getting nutrition it remains hungry, and over eating of more wrong food. I have a sister-in-law who is a vegetarian for religious reasons stemming from her belonging to a cult. She used to rave about how cows get their protein from eating "vegetables", while I was trying to enjoy a good steak Recently her doctor diagnosed her as being protein deficient. She has started eating fish. One of the worst travesties in diet is the marketing of vegetable oils to the exclusion of animal fats. This started way back when electricity was replacing lamps and candles, and the company which created Crisco did so because they were faced with declining candle sales, and they needed to create a market for their vegetable oil fats. Animal fats are rich in vitamin D. The Inuit (Eskimos) live(d) on fat during the long dark winters. So maybe there is a connection to over eating because of this vitamin deficiency, and possibly other nutricious things contained in animal fats, in our diets.

suchacutie
09-15-2011, 10:59 AM
It really is simple: Eat less and be active more!

OK...how to do that? I came to grips with this 5 years ago. I didn't want to Yo-Yo up and down so I changed lifestyle. It takes a few weeks to change over, but after about a month there is really little effort needed.

Over that first month, slowly cut down your portions. Drink a glass of water/seltzer before and one with each meal. As you cut down your portions, start to use a smaller plate. Do not go back for seconds, as it's just your greedy mind wanting to have good tasting food you don't need. Pick a time at night and don't eat food after that time. Water/seltzer is ok at any time.

Be active. Run, walk, swim, work out, whatever, but just get moving!

This lifestyle does not give massive weight loss immediately, but the pounds do slowly leave on a regular schedule until your food intake = metabolic outgo! Losing more means more activity or less food: it's really that simple if you have the willpower to do it.

Oh, and that small plate of food? It should contain an assortment of various dishes. I've found that one plate of pasta with sauce and cheese makes it very difficult to stop at that one dish. On the other hand, a bit of meat with veggies and fruit so that it's at least 5 different items makes the meal slow down and makes me quite satisfied.

Have fun with it! With this lifestyle I eat any food I want! Anything! and yet I've already lost 35 pounds! Slow and steady! No Yo-Yo.

tina

Inna
09-15-2011, 11:08 AM
I guarantee that with devotion any one, body type, body this or body that will be able to achieve a miracle sexy body, but once again an absolute devotion like there is no tomorrow!!!!!

I have started 4 years ago with the body of a brick at 220lbs, no waist, no butt, mostly muscle, the look of a Austrian Beer drinking Farmer who wrestles with bears for fun. I knew that for transition to be believable I must get the body of a teenager, curvy, thin and fit, not exactly easy task at age of 40.
Then came resolve,
"THIS COULD POTENTIALLY BE HAZARDOUS TO YOUR BELLY FAT"

Gradual elimination of dependency on empty calorie foods!!!!!!!!!

Reduction of portion size to that of a tight fist

Seeking out rich, nutritious foods I liked the taste of, not excluding sweets which I am addicted to but keeping in mind nutritional content

Total abandonment of stereotypical and ridiculous meal time regime: morning, mid day and evening-it simply doesn't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not ever counting calories !!!

Eating enough (fist size) so that hunger is somewhat satisfied and kept at bay, this feeling will become your good feeling quickly!!!

PS: Thanks Badtranny for your complement, gosh it made my day, love ya:koc:

Kate Simmons
09-15-2011, 04:48 PM
I understand what you are saying Hon but if you are your own original person and no one else gets it, then who can hope to compare you with anyone or anything else? Taking ownership of yourself and responsibility for your own actions is just that. Not too many can say they have done that honestly.:)

kristinacd55
09-15-2011, 04:59 PM
how about exercise? I run about 6 times a week, defiinitely helps

JustGrace
09-15-2011, 05:08 PM
The diet certainly worked for you! Nice pic ;) x

docrobbysherry
09-15-2011, 05:18 PM
U only get old if you're one of the LUCKY ONES, Reine! LOTS of my friends DIDN'T MAKE IT! Or, maybe u meant, "Die when you're young and slim?"

Avoid getting old. Then you might avoid the middle age spread that inevitably will come, unless it is countermanded with supreme efforts in diet restriction combined with strenuous exercise. :D

Middle age spread is NOT innevitable! I'm over 60 and 5 pounds away from my weight as a 16 y/o kid! What it DOES require tho, is:

Changes in diet
Dedication
Sacrifice

I haven't found excersize to be all that important. However, like Karren, (no I DON'T play hockey), I stay pretty active for an old guy!

Personally, I think a HOT Sherry is worth the effort! Another side benefit, Robert can still do most of the things he did at 16!

Mikaela
09-15-2011, 05:44 PM
Get the 4 Hour Body book, lots of tips in there (It's a body hacking book, basically). Your metabolism can change based on activity and how/when you eat things.

For me, I switched to a slow carb (not low) diet. Fats are not as bad for you as you think. Your body will process them more effectively than a carbohydrate. Why fill up on rice or bread when I can have more meat or vegs?
I dropped most fruits, since there is an abundance of literature on the issues with fructose being virtually toxic to your metabolism.
Eat slower. Your stomach needs time to process and alert your brain when you are full. If you are a fast eater like me, then learn portion control.
I cheat one day a week.

I just got a kettlebell for toning the butt, core, and legs without making them bulky.

//has lost 90 lbs.

RADER
09-15-2011, 10:15 PM
I heard once the secret to keeping trim;
1----DO NOT EAT
2----DO NOT STOP RUNNING

I can never get pass the first step. O' Well
Rader

Kaitlyn26
09-15-2011, 11:42 PM
I heard once the secret to keeping trim;
1----DO NOT EAT
2----DO NOT STOP RUNNING

I can never get pass the first step. O' Well
Rader

Haha, pretty much. The good thing about our situation is that we do not wish to shed body fat. So we can do a lot less to maintain a toned body, than a GG would have to.

*Vanessa*
09-16-2011, 12:04 AM
let me see ;/

I can gain weight in an instant. These foods I like and my SO temp me with them ALL the time. I am sure she laughs at me every time she see me eating any one of them.
- potatoes, milk, coffee cream, bread of any kind, pasta of any type, heavy yogurt, sugars.

If I am doing a lot of image processing and sitting in front of this box I can gain 5lb a week easily. I walk and ride my bicycle to burn some of it. I can get a handle on it if I drink lots of water ans stop eating the food I love.
v.

DebbieL
09-16-2011, 12:16 AM
Anyone got any tips on how to keep that "girlish" figure. I try to avoid excessive eating at night. Also I rarely eat foods heavy in fat and sugar like cake. I eat a lot of vegetables and fruit.

Any more?

Back in July of 1988, my doctor put me on a low cholestorol diet, and suggested that I go for a 30 minute walk at least once a day. She gave me a little card that had foods and next to them a little square that was red, yellow, or green. Foods like fruits, vegitables and diet soda were green, I could have as much of that as I wanted. Fish, chicken, low-fat cheese and nuts were yellow which meant I could have 1 serving a day. Beef, pork, and butter were read - which meant if I couldn't remember what it tastes like, I could have ONE serving.

In July I weighed 275 lbs. By October I was down to 225, but I finally came out. I started going out dancing as debbie, and did dance moves I learned in modern and jazz, as well as moves I had seen other girls do. My posture improved as I practiced sitting, standing, and walking like a lady. I also started wearing waist cinchers, sweet belt, and By early 1990, I was down to 165, wearing a size 14, and 38, 28, 40 measurements. The more I danced, doing contractions, hip rotations, and belly dancing moves, the more toned my body got.

About 6 years later, I had to stop dressing, and gained about 80 lbs. Over the next few years I eventually shot up to 325 lbs. About a year ago, I finally took on losing it, and have lost 80 lbs using the same basic principles as the first time. Unfortunately, I'm older now, and it's harder to dance for 3-4 hours with only very short breaks every 30-40 minutes. Still, the posture exercises, dance moves, and walking, combined with a good diet plan (Weight Watcher's points plus). In less than a year I've gone from size 26 to size 16, but I still have about 70 lbs to go.

Some key elements:
Focus on toning lean muscle rather than building muscles. Areobics are good, but reps or holding very low weights for longer periods.

jillleanne
09-16-2011, 07:10 AM
Girlish figure? That's easy. Starve yourself for 6 months consuming only water. Avoid fun, happiness, laughter, pleasure, social gatherings, buffetts, dining out, and exercise and you will succeed. Or you can do what I do and wear a corset and strategically placed padding as required, eat sensibly, and laugh alot.

kelsey52
10-16-2011, 09:30 AM
I have changed my diet, I went to youtube and found out how to eat raw foods. I cut out sugar,flour,lots of meat, chemicals, YOU have to understand I was a Meat eatting, pop drinking, hot roll,bread,cake, donut, candy eatin man I mean lots of it. buffet twice a week. I have changed IT HURT LIKE HELL, but I did it I went from 268 to 240 in 3 months. the first week was ten pounds. l can sometimes loose 4 pounds a week easy. I eat raw foods all day fresh veggies,fruit,and nuts well the ediable kind all day. I mean I drink a veggie or fruit smothie in the morning then start eating about 10 in one day I might go through 3 bananas, 2 apples, 20 strawberries, cup of mixed nuts 4 or 5 veggies large ones.
AND IT JUST KEEPS COMMING OFF. I just cant wait to get down to a 12 or 14 so many more outfits to choose from besides bed sheets for tops.

cassandra54
10-16-2011, 10:06 AM
most of you know this, but belly fat is harder to get rid of than anything else. i am 5-9 and weigh 195-200 lbs. i seriously need to lose about 40-50 pounds. i don't know how i am going to do it, but i have decided it will happen and mainly so i can look good in all my girl clothes. right now i look pregnant. seriously. the reason is the rest of my body is not big at all, so the belly sticks out like a well belly.

here are some surprising facts about me anyway.

1. i have a 31 in waist, wear 31-32 in men's pants and a size 10-12 in girl clothes. i wear a large in men's, extra large in women's
2. i work an active job and walk/work all day long. in fact my cardiologist was amazed.
3. beyond that i've done exercises on and off for the last 15 years.

i know i seriously need to look at how much food i eat. i need to return to the point where i feel hungry a lot more than i do and eat little meals. one thing i need to stop is eating in the middle of the night when i get up. i need to exercise regularly even though i might be tired from walking all day at work.

it's going to be tough, because i've had this belly for years.