PDA

View Full Version : Scary Times Ahead - First time seen in public

Angela2me
09-02-2011, 11:17 PM
2 weeks ago I met the local CD and TG social group. It was for dinner at a pub and I was dressed in boy mode. I enjoyed meeting these very friendly and supportive people for the first time. This coming Monday evening I have promised myself that I will join them again, but this time in femme mode.

I have never been seen in femme mode by anyone and I am going to walk into a public hotel greeted by group members and public. I am scared, excited and many other emotions all together.

Wish me luck.

Cynthia Anne
09-02-2011, 11:33 PM
Oh, you will do just fine! Get the courage up and walk in like you own the place! Best of luck! Hugs!

crystalann
09-02-2011, 11:45 PM
Have Fun:thumbup:...........................

michelle.foster
09-02-2011, 11:49 PM
Yes it can be a scary thing but just remember you will be entering a VERY friendly place not an unknown. Remeber to take a deep breath and breathe, in and out, in and out. . .repeat as needed. Also you have already met some of them and were they not accepting? What would be the difference next Monday? Go, relax and have a wonderful time. I know you will

sterling12
09-02-2011, 11:54 PM
Call your Contact Person, and ask if someone will meet you at The parking Lot. You'll feel more comfortable with another Gurl there, and this will help you to "make that walk through The Lobby." Doing it alone, for The First Time is difficult. It's normal to have butterfly's. Just call them on your Cell when you arrive, and I'm sure that they will be glad to help you.

But, once you've done it; it gets easier each time you go out. In a few weeks you'll think nothing of striding right through The Door. Your Confidence will be secure, and you'll be wondering what you made all The Fuss about. It just works like that....trust me.

You went out with them dressed in Boy Mode? Now, didn't you feel like "The Odd Person Out?" Remember, this time you'll be dressed, and you won't have those feelings.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Angela2me
09-05-2011, 08:38 AM
I did it. I went out for dinner with the local CD/TS social group. I walked into and spent 3 hours in the pub, went to the bar and ordered food and drinks, there were other non-CD/TS people including families there. Surprise, surprise, I felt great. I was wearing a floor length casual dress with a cardigan over the top, tights, flats and a long dark wig.
I was not passable, but I was not trying to be, but I was happy.

There was a discussion about the benefit of being passable or the risk of not being passable in public. I do not know if I want to go beyond my comfort zone to try to be more passable to blend in better... or do I just accept the looks for looking like a man in womans clothes. I dont know yet.

Wendy_Marie
09-05-2011, 08:48 AM
In the immortal words of Nike..."Just do It!'

Vieja
09-05-2011, 08:48 AM
Congratulations on your outing. As to going beyond your comfort zone. Take your time and do what you think is best for you.

Vieja