PDA

View Full Version : What's the Q?

5150 Girl
09-03-2011, 02:16 PM
A while back there was a post, somone had a thing at a church that said GBLTQ,,, and the question was, "What''ss the Q stand for" I don't reacall if anyone ever came up with a concrete anser, I tryed to search the thread and it didn't come up.... But anywho...... The Zanesville campus of Ohio University is having a GBLTQ seminar Jan. 21. Acording to the advertisment for said seminar, we now have an anser for the "Q"... It stands for "Questioning".

AllieSF
09-03-2011, 02:19 PM
Good one. I understand it stands for "Queer" in order to include those that do not consider themselves as part of the LGBT group, but still want to be included.

5150 Girl
09-05-2011, 05:20 PM
Well, now,,, I always thought "Queer" was a slang term, (often derogitory) for Gay.

Laura Evans
09-05-2011, 06:22 PM
There is a term out there called "genderqueer" which I think is what the "Q" stands for. The term represents a blurring of the lines around both gender identity and sexual orientation. Genderqueer people embrace a fluidity of gender expression and sexual orientation. That is the definition I have of that term but I am not sure that is what the "Q" stands for. You should attend the seminar and come back to tell us what it really means.

JavaJunkie
09-05-2011, 06:25 PM
Actually from what I've read I think it means Questioning.....kinda like bi-curious I guess. I guess everybody wants a letter these days lol!