PDA

View Full Version : Laughing at Myself

Wendy_Marie
09-04-2011, 10:08 AM
Sundays are fast becoming one of my favorite days of the week as I am almost certainly assured of having at least the early morning part of the day free and clear to myself...even when the wife is home and the kids are around.

Being a morning person :)Sunday morning usually finds me rising with the sun and starting the day off doing all those neglected chores which I probably should have gotten done days before.

I love the feeling of pulling a load of warm towels out of the dryer, and the smell of Air Freshner in the air after vacumning the entire house....the sound of the washing machine running becuase I now it is filled with all my delicates and or everyday female clothing.

This morning I caught myself up doing something that caused me to laugh out loud at myself as it was so far from being one of those feminine moments we all seem to cherish...

After having my coffee I went and changed into the shorts which I have been told are too young for me to wear so I have since relagated them to around the house and maybe a quick wear to the store etc.....now and again. I put on my bra and a cute pink tee and slipped into my sandals berfore applying only the least bit of day make up to begin cleaning the house up.

After unloading and then reloading the dishwasher, starting a load of clothes and making up the bed I pulled the vacumn out and prepared to vacumn the floors....

I was rushing around like a mad err ummm.....woman, and finished the hallway and came into the living area where the traffic areas needed it the most.

Thinking I was done I started to shut the vac off when I noticed a spot I had missed under the edge of the couch and so I moved over to try and get it up...having no luck as the offending filth was far enough under I couldn't get to it...I lifted the edge of the couch up with one hand and proceded to vac under it.

Thats when it hit me that to anyone who might have been unfortunate to walk in at that moment...I must have closely resmebled "Lurch" from the Adams family:o...Standing there all prettied up holding the couch high in the air with one hand and trying to be ever so dainty and feminine as I vacumned.:battingeyelashes:

Any normal person would have just slid the couch aside as it doesn't sit up against a wall....but not me....in my haste I just resorted to brute strength to lift it instead of applying common sense, a little thought and tact to the problem before me.

I felt rather silly standing there laughing at myself as I was and the thought came across my mind that with the Hormones I have recently begun taking...days and events like this may be numbered and I best start relying a little more on the brain and less on my back to solvesuch issues when they arise.

Well as I named this thread laughing at myself..I feel that sometimes we have to laugh at ourselves and I find myself doing so often the more I go through this point and the impending changes which have begun to take ahold of me in my life.....:heehee:

I hope you all get a chuckle from this too.

Kim_Bitzflick
09-04-2011, 11:41 AM
Yep I giggled. And I think you are right, soon brute force will be a thing of the past with hormones.

Deana ♥ Danni
09-04-2011, 12:01 PM
I love the feeling of pulling a load of warm towels out of the dryer, and the smell of Air Freshner in the air after vacumning the entire house....the sound of the washing machine running.

Spoken like a true GG :)

Thank you for the chuckle :) it is funny what we all do from habit :D

Hugs,
Deana

Intertwined
09-04-2011, 12:23 PM
Sounds perfectly normal to me...!

Wendy_Marie
09-04-2011, 01:51 PM
Intertwined...the addition of a Visual image was uncalled for, unnecessary and totally drove my point home and had me once again laughing...Thanks

Jane G
09-04-2011, 01:58 PM
LoL thanks for sharing that little Gem. Had me laughing, as I sit here Sunday evening, waiting for the wash cycle to end. I did the vacuming this morning.

Diane Smith
09-05-2011, 03:49 AM
Wow, do you think Lurch was one of us?

- Diane

Wendy_Marie
09-05-2011, 05:59 AM
I believe that Lurch is the missing link in my family gene pool....but then again Uncle Fester kinda reminds me of some of my family members...and he always wore that dress looking thing.

NV Susan
09-05-2011, 10:41 AM
Well Wendy Marie, it's Monday now but my place needs vacuuming.....if you want to come over..... :D

Wendy_Marie
09-05-2011, 03:21 PM
Well Wendy Marie, it's Monday now but my place needs vacuuming.....if you want to come over..... :D

To Daytona Beach...Heck yes....Just send my round trip ticket "Will Call" to the Springfield/Branson Missouri Regional Airport and I will be there just as soon as I can.

Kittyagain
09-05-2011, 05:37 PM
Great story Wendy Marie. Got a real good smile. I thought of a woman version of the Hulk as I pictured your cute pink T ripping apart but magically, the bra holds.

Kitty