PDA

View Full Version : Two questions for my wife

Melanie R
09-04-2011, 06:22 PM
I asked my wife today to answer two questions: what do you think when you see me fully dressed complete with makeup and wig and how do you feel?

Almost immediately without a pause she said, "I see my husband who I love unconditionally and the clothing or feminine image he is wearing is not important. I feel pleased that I was able to help you feel more confident as Melanie. Now the first time I met Melanie fully dressed I did say that you needed my help"

I was so happy I had tears in my eyes. She first met Melanie for the first time in 1980. My time with her has become so important as she does have a terminal illness and is losing her short term memory. BTW my wife is Dr Peggy Rudd who has helped so many in our community through her four books, presentatios, television appearances, and counseling sessions.

Debglam
09-04-2011, 06:30 PM
Melanie,

Thank you for sharing that with us. A heartfelt "thank you" to you both as one of the many who have read your wife's books and through them, heard your story and gained immeasurable comfort from the fact that there ARE couples that can work this stuff out. I am very sad to hear about Peggy's health and my thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Love,
Debby

Karren H
09-04-2011, 06:52 PM
Your wife sure is an amazing woman, Mel!!

CynthiaD
09-04-2011, 07:29 PM
Melanie:
Your wife is truly an exceptional woman and I'm deeply saddened to hear about her illness. I've read most of her books, and have thoroughly enjoyed them. Both of you will be in my prayers.

CK

Alice B
09-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Your wife is a very, very special person and I am truly sorry to hear about her illness. A marriage like your is something exceptional.

Rachel Morley
09-04-2011, 09:46 PM
Oh No Melanie! I am so, so, sorry to hear this tragic news, that your lovely wife Peggy (who wrote the first CDing book I ever read "My Husband Wears My Clothes") has a terminal illness and is losing her short term memory. That is so sad :sad::sad::sad:

On your other point, my wife too says that as far as she is concerned I will "never pass in her eyes" as she can always see her husband underneath the clothes and makeup. She just sees the perosn she loves looking a little different. Good luck and stay strong. :hugs:

Deana ♥ Danni
09-04-2011, 11:52 PM
You and your wife are in my thoughts and prayers.

Pax et bonum,
Deana

ReineD
09-05-2011, 01:02 AM
How lovely that you thought to ask your wife how she feels! :)

I'm so happy the two of you are on the same page with this. But I need to ask, if you weren't sure of her support, would you have been prepared for any answer? If she had voiced concerns, what would have been your reaction?

bridget thronton
09-05-2011, 01:16 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you both

BethCD
09-05-2011, 02:52 AM
Melanie, Sorry to hear about Peggy's situation, but very thankful, as is our community, that she wrote her book to "expose us all in a positive way". Stay close by her. You are both in our thoughts and prayers.

Beth

Persephone
09-05-2011, 02:58 AM
You and your wife are wonderful people who have given a great deal to our community and inspired many to live better lives.

You will both be held in my thoughts and my prayers. May God bless and keep you both.

Hugs,
Persephone.

donnalee
09-05-2011, 07:48 AM
As someone who has stood exactly where you now are, you have my deepest sympathy. The road ahead is difficult but as long as you keep each other close it can be traveled.
Best wishes to both of you,
Donna
:love:

Tina B.
09-05-2011, 07:59 AM
Melanie, many times you have mentioned your wife, and her book/books, but I never knew who you where talking about, you must feel very honored to have had all this years with Dr. Rudd. I wonder just how many her books have helped, it must be in the thousands. I'm so sorry to here that you two are having to go thought this, it's hard to see a loved one loss there memory, be strong for her, and remember, we are all here wishing you both the best that can be hoped for at times like this.
Tina B.

Jenny Doolittle
09-05-2011, 09:25 AM
Thoughts and Prayers here to Melanie. I am sure you are aware there is always more then one friend here anytime you need.

Sheila11
09-05-2011, 10:02 AM
My thoughts and prayers to you and your wife.

ReineD
09-05-2011, 02:09 PM
I apologize profusely for my previous post. I read your post quickly, without considering the last paragraph. This is inexcusable and I am sorry. :sad:

My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

:love:

prettytoes
09-05-2011, 02:48 PM
I wish you all the best with everything! You wife's book has helped both myself and my wife to understand my crossdressing. Many thanks!

Mary Morgan
09-05-2011, 04:12 PM
I have been aware of Melanie and Peggy Rudd from my earliest days on the web and I must say that the world I live in has been made so much brighter by you both. The examples you have set and the love that you have shared have been an inspiration to me for much of my life. I am truly saddened at the thought that Peggy may leave us and yet I know that it is inevitable. While we still have her, I want you to know that she means so very much to our community. She is a true pioneer, a thoughtful and bright shining star. I have no doubt that her example will be a beacon for many years to come. May God bless you both and thank you.

Melanie R
09-05-2011, 07:20 PM
I want to thank all of you for your well wishes. Peggy is indeed a treasure who I enjoy sharing.