PDA

View Full Version : Newspaper Ads

countrygirl
09-04-2011, 09:57 PM
Just finished reading the Sunday Paper. As I was sitting here reading, it got me to thinking. (I know that sometimes is scary when I think LOL). Anyway How many of you look at the ads for clothes and look at the Womens Sections of Clothes more then the mens and think that would be cute on me. I have recently noticed that I do this more and more.

Jamie48
09-04-2011, 10:02 PM
God, I never look at the men's clothing, how boring!

Suzette Muguet de Mai
09-04-2011, 10:09 PM
Worst part is I cut the stupid add out and watch the article's price to see if it comes on sale. Very rarely do I bother with men's adds cos the clothes are so boring.

Rachel Morley
09-04-2011, 10:10 PM
All the time! Newspapers, magazines, brochures that come in the mail (just got a Dress Barn one in the mail) Are you kidding, me, I never look at the mens' section!

sandra-leigh
09-04-2011, 10:11 PM
I never look at the men's clothes either. What would be the point?

The only thing I still buy in men's is heavy winter gloves, and that only because the women's heavy winter gloves are too small for me. (Going without heavy winter gloves is not an option where I live!)

Kathy4ever
09-05-2011, 02:43 AM
I always look at the shoes, cloths and Paties & bras. Never look at the mans cloths- oh so boring.

valerie_vanesse
09-05-2011, 05:44 AM
Its a major part of my Sunday morning routine. Funnies first, then sports page, (go Red Sox), then the womens ads, finally the NY Times and LA Times crossword puzzles.

Danielle Gee
09-05-2011, 06:23 AM
:iagree:
All the time! Newspapers, magazines, brochures that come in the mail (just got a Dress Barn one in the mail) Are you kidding, me, I never look at the mens' section!

:iagree:

Roxann
09-05-2011, 07:05 AM
I look at all the ads for makeup,womens clothing, womens trends, mens is just to boring

Roxann

SusanLCD
09-05-2011, 07:33 AM
I'm with everyone else, here. How many ways can you display a man's shirt? They're all alike. Boring!

Sarasometimes
09-05-2011, 07:46 AM

My opinion as well!!! I use these pics to help better understand how to put "outfits" together and how to accerorize! I don't think men put outfits together like ladies do. I still have much more to learn about layering. It amazes me how women layer even in the summer! I think the lack of layering is a dead giveaway. I also chuckle at the descriptions that mention "women's bras", a pair of platform heels "women's shoes"...

Tina B.
09-05-2011, 08:03 AM
What, they advertise mens clothes too, in those papers? Why?
Tina B.

Jillian Faith
09-05-2011, 08:13 AM
I agree with everything that my sisters have said above. I also do this when out with my wife commenting on what other women are wearing our asking her how she thinks I would look in the outfit some other women is wearing.

Cheryl T
09-05-2011, 08:29 AM

Me either. Only time I would shop for men's clothes is if something wore out and needed replacement, not that that happens often as most of what I wear daily (except work uniforms) are women's clothes. I'm always looking at ads for something pretty though.

Kim_Bitzflick
09-05-2011, 08:56 AM
I'm with ya'll on this one. I barely see the men's clothes. I love looking at the women's clothes. I buy men's clothes out of necessity. I buy women's clothes for enjoyment.

StevieTV
09-05-2011, 10:10 AM
I'm the same as everyone else. I'll spend time perusing the womens clothes then go to the cosmetics section to see what's on sale. This time of year is the best because all the fall apparel is coming out.

NV Susan
09-05-2011, 10:16 AM
What, they advertise mens clothes too, in those papers? Why?
Tina B.Oh, Tina....I didn't know either!!

cassandra54
09-05-2011, 12:30 PM
every Sunday morning when I bring the paper in I look at Kohls and Penneys. Then when my SO and I eat breakfast she shows me the ads again. I look and if there's anything that looks interesting we might plan a shopping trip.

Alice B
09-05-2011, 12:35 PM
Every day, not just Sundays.

CynthiaD
09-05-2011, 12:37 PM
I always go through the women's section first, and seldom look at the men's section. I like some men's clothing, but the stuff I like is all soooo expensive.

Jane G
09-05-2011, 01:15 PM
I'm with ya'll on this one. I barely see the men's clothes. I love looking at the women's clothes. I buy men's clothes out of necessity. I buy women's clothes for enjoyment.

Kim. Thanks for writing my exact thoughts, I can spend the extra time shopping. Jane

BillieJoEllen
09-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Hmmmm....they advertise men's clothes in the newspaper?

Kittyagain
09-06-2011, 11:33 AM
I rarely look at the newspaper ads. I like the hunt in the stores to find that perfect something which is never male anything unless it is a have too.

Kitty

Aprilrain
09-06-2011, 11:39 AM
They still make newspapers???? Some times I buy Cosmo and read the articles (especially the ones about sex!) I like looking at the ads too but If I want to look at clothes I just pick up one of the MILLION clothing catalogs that I receive unsolicited. I gave away the last of my boy clothes so I'm definitely not in the market for more!

suchacutie
09-06-2011, 11:47 AM
If I want to by clothes for my male presentation, I either open the website I'm going to buy from and then just do it, or I walk into a store with a particular issue in mind, and just do it. Ok...there is an exception: more and more there have been incredible sales in the men's sections, so I just walk in and buy the incredible sales. Last time I needed shirts...got 7 terrific shirts of various kinds for $84. Normal total price would have been $300.

For Tina, not an ad can pass by without looking at it! When it's a place that's online, I put anything I like into my favorites in that store's online portal and then wait for the price to go down into my range :)

It's just very different in the two genders!

Joanna41
09-06-2011, 11:56 AM
I never looked at the men's section for clothes...if I needed something I'd just head to a store and get it...I will say that my fiance and I both look together at the women's ads and then sometimes we head to goodwill to get our shopping fix on!

Joanna

Cynthia Anne
09-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Wow! I didn't realize they advertise men clotheing until you said so!:eek: Learn something new everyday:heehee:! Hugs!

Sophie86
09-06-2011, 02:56 PM
My older sister and I used to look through the women's section of the Sears catalog when we were kids. On each page, we would pick which model we thought was the prettiest. She would always stop when we got to the lingerie section, because I wasn't supposed to see that stuff. Of course, I would look through it on my own when no one was watching. I've been looking ever since.

Karren H
09-06-2011, 03:15 PM
Wonder how many women are looking at the men's clothing thinking god those jeans would look so sexy one her? Lol.

BLUE ORCHID
09-06-2011, 05:38 PM
Hi Amanda, I only look at the womens clothes never mens clothes.

Orchid