PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Mr. Chicken to the forum

Amber-Sue
09-04-2011, 10:22 PM
I have been a member of this forum for a few years, I Have posted some and have gone out in the public dressed a handful of times mostly to large malls. Well today my wife needed to go to Davids Bridal and she suggested I drive her dressed as Amber,Yes, great idea, I got all gussied up and drove the 65miles to the store but when we got there I got cold feet and would not go in. WHY! It made me very angry at myself for being afraid to get out of the car. WHY! any ideas? I'll go shopping but chicken out when it comes to a bridal shop where there were many gg's

Intertwined
09-04-2011, 10:26 PM
Was it fear of the location, OR, was it fear of going in with your wife?

Meredy
09-04-2011, 10:28 PM
I have set out many times to go to Fashion bug and buy my own things, but always end up walking by quickly while glancing at what I can see through the store windows. It's like there is an invisible do not cross line in front of the door. I hope to one day soon cross that line, just for myself.

docrobbysherry
09-04-2011, 11:17 PM
U don't sound like a chicken to ME, Amber Sue. I'd NEVER go shopping dressed!

Jessica Ames
09-04-2011, 11:24 PM
I think it's totally understandable to get cold feet from time to time. Being that your wife asked probably would give you more confidence, so it was probably just an off day. Your wife is awesome for suggesting it and you probably enjoyed the drive. Dont beat yourself up over it.

Chickhe
09-04-2011, 11:45 PM
Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to the bridal shop? No, it was to get to the other side. Sometimes it is easier to just do it than think too much about what could go wrong, but I wouldn't call you chicken. Sometimes it happens to the best of us...

Wendy_Marie
09-05-2011, 06:18 AM
Who's to say why we get these fears....I pretty much come and go as I please anymore....shopping in the grocery Stores, running errands, visiting the libray etc...
But when it comes to taking a trip to the local Wal-Mart enfemme...I just can't do it. I keep telling myself that it's because I have never had a justifiable reason to go and that when the time come that I really need to go I will do it...

Don't knock yourself out worrying about getting cold feet...it happens and all we can do is steel ourselves up and hopefully next time will be better timing.

sissystephanie
09-05-2011, 06:44 AM
I don't recall ever going to a bridal shop, either with my late wife or by myself! But I have gone clothes shopping many times, both with my late wife or by myself! And sometimes I did decide not to go in the store simply because of too many women already there!! I don't think of that being a chicken, I think of it as being smart!! There is always another shopping time!!

linda allen
09-05-2011, 07:08 AM
How long was she planning on being in the store? A few minutes? A half hour?

I can understand being uncomfortable for the longer time, but since you're not new at going out in public dressed and since your wife is not only OK with it, but suggested it, I don't understand your fear. But, I guess we all have our ups and downs.

Tina B.
09-05-2011, 08:24 AM
After years of shopping in drab, if I have not gone out and done it a while, it gets scary all over again, just like back in the beginning, I've stood in front of shops in the mall, that only sale womens wear in drab, for what seems like an eternity, and then walked away without going in. The next day, I could go to the mall, same shop, walk right in, like I owned the place. For me, it's about inner peace. if I feel good, it's all good, if I'm having an off day, paranoia can set in, and just worry me something crazy, no real rhyme or reason to it. You just have to try, try again.
Tina B.

Diane Elizabeth
09-05-2011, 08:33 AM
I am not too sure I would go in Davids either. I chickened out a few times just going to Goodwill. It just depends on how strong one's will and constitution is on any particular day. Better luck tomorrow.

SherriePall
09-05-2011, 12:28 PM
I have been dressed to David's Bridal probably at least six times! It should be one of the last places you have to worry about.