PDA

View Full Version : Got Lucky

Sarahgurl371
10-12-2005, 02:45 PM
Hey girls just felt good today and figured I'd post this. As some of you may know, my wife and I have been having serious hard times about CDing, and have discussed divorce recently. I don't know what happened but, last night before she went to work we were looking at a Kohls store ad, and I made several comments about items that I liked. I then showed her my collection of pictures of outfits and shoes I wished I could have someday, (a girl gotta have a wish list right?) Anyway, she comes home from work and hands me two bags. One has two pairs of shoes, a beautiful pr. of pink and wood slides, and a dressy pair of slides. The other bag has two skirts, and two tops, ya know, nice fancy stuff. :thumbsup:

Haven't got to wear them yet except to try them on. But is sure does feel good to be at this point in the marraige again, we were here briefly about a year ago.

It is amazing that one little gesture on her part can totally make feel wonderful..As I told her before, it isn't so much that she doesn't want to be around me when I'm dressed, Its that she seems to not want to be around me cuz I CD.

I'm generally a very hopeful and optimistic person, but latley, I had just about given up hope for us. Oh, and I made darn sure to say thank you, thank you, thank you!:) :) :)

urban gypsy
10-12-2005, 03:47 PM
I fell that i am very lucky to have such a supportive wife. But our relationship took a real bashing when she first found out about my crossdressing. But I really believe in the vowels in sickness and health, richer and poorer, til death do us part. Though I'm not religious. And any one who is haveing a hard time in there relationship should always remember these. and work through the problem.
I am glad that things could be on turn for you in your relationship but take it slowly and her pace.
and stay away from those vultures of solicitors until there is absolutely no hope what so ever.
but enjoy these little steps because hopefully leap and bounds will come later.

Jamie M
10-12-2005, 04:00 PM
I'm so happy for you that things seem to be on the up for you both. You're right of course that the whole act of your SO buying clothes for you (especially when it is unsolicited ) is one of the biggest little things that anyone can do for you. I still remeber when Kelly bought me stuff for the first time , it was completely out of the blue and marked a defining moment in our relationship.

it seemed from that moment onwards that I was finally accepted. We still have our compromises and agreements but from that moment onwards on I have not felt bad about being who I am.

Wish you all the best for the future , hope it gets even better for you both :gh:

RebeccaLynne
10-12-2005, 06:49 PM
That is so thoughtful! Your wife must be genuinely in love with you to have put your desires ahead of whatever hesitancy she may be experiencing regarding acceptance of your CD'ing. Best of luck to you both, RebeccaLynne.

DonnaT
10-12-2005, 10:13 PM
That's great Tammy. Small steps and not pushing it may eventually bring her around again. Just remain honest with her and open to discussions.

Kaitlyn Michele
10-12-2005, 10:19 PM
Joanna---

I am in month 6 of having told my wife...my days are very tough and so far my wife barely acknowledges my existence except when she needs something...

how long before you felt anything changed for the better after you told her?

Phoebe Reece
10-13-2005, 09:59 PM
Tammy, that's great news! Now, you should go out and buy her a nice surprise package and give it to her unexpectedly. Maybe the goodwill will continue. Never give up hope.