PDA

View Full Version : Outing before vacation

Debra Russell
09-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Got time for one last outing before going on vacation - we are leaving for Hawaii in the morning ! Yeaaah ! A few weeks ago Stefia S did a thread on the Portland Art Museum Car Show and I wanted to see it before it closed. This is truly an art event these are one of a kind automobiles and each one is a work of art - really worth seeing!

I had found a pair of capries at a thrift shop and wanted to wear them to this casual event as well as some braided gold earrings and necklace with wrist hoop type bracelets. I went to my shop and got dressed as usual took a pic and took a walk to the store for self assurance

Took the drive to Portland and found a parking lot close to the Museum, $6.00 but oh well! I walked a half block to the front of the building only to find a line of about hundred people waiting to get in -- it didn’t open till noon so I wasn’t in a hurry. I stood in line behind a couple of oriental girls, they looked to be, late teens/early twentys and were beautiful, I assumed I was blending nicely as not a second look or notice from anyone. When it was my turn at the ticket window I saw seniors got in $3 cheaper so I said “one senior please” and handed her a $50 and received my change - past the security guard and into the exhibit.

I took a lot of pic’s of the cars, as did everyone - a few of myself -- this is one of me having coffee on the patio

The cars were gorgeous -- I felt entirely free and at ease I asked several people to take pictures of me and they were courteous enough to do so. This is a 1954 Plymouth speculation edition

Don’t remember what make this was

I think this was a Bugatte ( spelling?)

All in all a most enjoyable day ……..Huggs to all ………..Debra