PDA

View Full Version : do clothes make the woman?

cassandra54
09-05-2011, 03:06 PM
you know the old saying, looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it must be a duck.

well coming back from a trip to mexico, me and my SO had to wait in line at customs. as usual i am people watching and i notice this lady and what caught my eye at first was this nasty-looking yellow tank top, besides the fact that she was not attractive.
she was kind of tall and with a shorter woman. actually the woman kind of looked like alice cooper in drag...............well lol after looking again and having my SO look as well we both agreed that it was a man dressed as a woman. we didn't agree on his shorter friend who i was sure was a man as well. i kind of chuckled and thought, i would never wear anything that looks like that

some of us are younger, have a feminine appearance to start with, kind of slender, nice hips, not much body hair. they can pretty much wear anything and get away with it. but then some of us are older, not really good looking or at least we think so. and so here's my thought.

i figured if i was going to be passable that i would have to dress like a lady. i was going to have to wear a nice outfit and be done up properly. my SO has kind of been my fashion coach and it seems to have worked.

i went out twice this weekend and dressed nice both times. my thought it is simple, nice clothes, shoes, hose (if you're wearing a skirt or dress), makeup and hair. people see that and don't really focus on the face.

looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck (well two out of three is not bad), then it must be a duck.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6089/6117129515_4baae28cc5.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6207/6117674908_ed35d44fa1.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6069/6117675338_6a473c24d6.jpg

Persephone
09-05-2011, 03:28 PM
You look lovely, Cassandra!

Hugs,
Persephone.

sissystephanie
09-05-2011, 04:04 PM
Clothes don't make the lady, but they sure do define her!! That of course also counts for CD's like us!! I am in my late 70's, but have always dressed much younger! Actually I even look younger, most of my friends who don't know that I CD, think that I am in my early 60's!! That is fine by me!! My late wife always did my makeup and fixed my wig when I was going out in public. Now that she has passed on, I still dress and go out but looking just like the man that I am, except of course for the clothes. I am a crossdresser, and am happy being one!

BTW Cassandra, I like your pictures except for the last one! I don't think that color looks good on you! Just my opinion!!

BlondeFarrah
09-06-2011, 09:19 AM
My answer is yes.

Perhaps not the woman but the woman I like (and the one I like to be)

anonymousinmaryland
09-06-2011, 10:05 AM
Cheers to you, and the fashion coach.

TGMarla
09-06-2011, 10:11 AM
Do clothes make the woman? Hmmm....well, along with a few prosthetics, they sure make this woman.

Karren H
09-06-2011, 10:11 AM
Yes they do!! Exactly why jeans make anyone wearing them look like a man! Not a woman! Lol.

Cynthia Anne
09-06-2011, 03:08 PM
I wont say yey or nae on this one! But I'm not going to town without them! BTW You look great!

Kaz
09-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Well you don't look like a duck!

you look like a woman and yes, you are absolutely right. Look like they do and it works... look like a misfit and...

PyrateSilly
09-06-2011, 04:27 PM
I am a GG and I wear jeans/pants almost all the time. They to me are ALOT more comfortable then a dress or skirt. Also it never fails that no matter what I will end up getting stains on just about anything even if I am not near anything to get stains from. I am mid 40's and look late 20's to mid 30's. I am me and will wear what I want and I don't care what anyone thinks. Besides we are sometimes on a motorcycle and if you ain't wearing long pants, jacket, helmet and close toed shoes of some sort then you ain't riding with us. Been there in accidents and refuse to put up with more road rash just cause someone thinks that it's not fashionable.
One place I worked there was a lady that complained that her back hurt. I told her to stop wearing the heels cause that is the cause. She got a pair of sandles and was surprised that it really did help alot. But then within 2 days she was back to the heels. When I asked why the answer was "well they just aren't fashionable" I gave up. Sorry but my health comes before fashion.

BLUE ORCHID
09-06-2011, 05:32 PM
Hi Cassandra, I would say that clothes does make this "woman"

Orchid

CynthiaD
09-06-2011, 05:39 PM
I certainly hope that clothes make the woman, because what's underneath them certainly isn't going to cut the mustard! For me anyway.