PDA

View Full Version : LGBT History Month?

5150 Girl
09-05-2011, 07:04 PM
I did not knw such a thing exsisted... Or maybe it's just somthing OU Athens does. All I can find on the web page so far is a pic from the event. Her's a link, maybe somone with more computer tenacity than I can hunt somthing more up? (I get impatent with my slow @$$ dail up somtimes)
http://author.oit.ohio.edu/lgbt/faces/fop2010.cfm

Rachel Mari
09-06-2011, 12:55 AM
October is national GLBT month in the US and Feburary in the UK.

Tina B.
09-06-2011, 08:21 AM
October Really? sounds like a month made for this group.
Tina B.

SweetIonis
09-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Well since I am certainly transgendered, I have to support the LGBT movement. One reason I have to repress my true feelings is because I fear what would happen if I went to my job dressed up like I would like to do. People should not have to feel like that. But that's the way it is.

I was talking to a contact I have about this. What this person said was that the June was really the main month for LGBT activities because it is Pride Month. The stuff that happens in October is mainly supported by the younger crowd in the LGBT community, especially students, not so much the older crowd. That's not to try to discourage anyone from trying to participate, I'm just saying, in case someone may want to discuss further, because I was wondering why.