PDA

View Full Version : Kinky-Boots

Elinor
10-12-2005, 04:17 PM
I have just seen this British film about a shoe factory about to close down when the owner meets a transvestite and comes up with the idea to make 'KINKY-BOOTS', I found it very funny.

So if you wish to see a good film with transvestites and good music + have a laugh its for you.

I enjoyed it. ;)
Did anyone else see this yet?:thumbsup:

urban gypsy
10-12-2005, 04:31 PM
hopefully going to see it this weekend.

Sazzle
10-12-2005, 05:05 PM
Hopefully seeing it soon!

Elinor
10-12-2005, 05:20 PM
I'm sure all you girls will love it!:angel: :)

Deborah_UK
10-12-2005, 05:35 PM
Going to see it on Saturday with my partner.

Try this link

http://www.thefilmfactory.co.uk/kinkyboots/boots/site.html

or this one

http://www.thefilmfactory.co.uk/kinkyboots/index_flash.html

Misty_VA
10-12-2005, 06:35 PM
Looks like it will be fun movie, hopefully it will play in the U.S.

Misty

Dragster
10-12-2005, 07:33 PM
Seems like all you Brits missed it first time around. Channel 4 (I think) screened a documentary of the real life shoe factory (in Lancashire I think) on which the film is based, about 5 years ago. Unfortunately, making "kinky boots" only kept the place open for another 6 years, and it's now gone bust.

I'm still working out how to get my wife to see the film (we always go to films together) when she knows how I enjoy wearing women's clothes, but is disgusted by the whole thing. Any ideas?

Tony

andreaboots
10-12-2005, 10:08 PM
Oh! How cool is this??? A movie about kniky boots for MEN! Only in England, never here! Maybe we will catch up? Boots, I love 'em!

Cheery GG
10-13-2005, 02:04 AM
i wanted to go and see it but darren doesnt want to....no idea why....maybe he'll get some make up hints...lol., but i doubt it....

cheery
xx

Deborah_UK
10-13-2005, 03:42 AM
Seems like all you Brits missed it first time around. Channel 4 (I think) screened a documentary of the real life shoe factory (in Lancashire I think) on which the film is based, about 5 years ago. Unfortunately, making "kinky boots" only kept the place open for another 6 years, and it's now gone bust.

Tony

It was on BBC2, part of a series called "Trouble at the Top", and the company were based in Northamptonshire, the home of the boot and shoe industry in the UK.

Fiona K
10-13-2005, 07:48 AM
I'm still working out how to get my wife to see the film (we always go to films together) when she knows how I enjoy wearing women's clothes, but is disgusted by the whole thing. Any ideas?

Tony

I just saw the film with my wife who isn't that keen on having a tranny as a husband either.

It's a fun movie that happens to have one or two trannies in it, it isn't a tranny film really. Most of the "girls" are at the drage queen end of the spectrum and don't really figure except as background to the main characters, one of whom is a TV/ DQ. Her story is very carefully and sympathetically dealt with, as is the dilemmas of a failing factory in a failing traditional craft based industry.

Made by the same people as Calender Girls, it isn't quite as funny but is still well worth a look.

And the music is great!

Fiona
xx

andreaboots
10-13-2005, 04:24 PM
My accepting gal and I can't wait to see it. Hopefully we can get a hold of a DVD or something. It takes a movie like that forever to get to the states! If we do see it together it will be in private in our best leather boots!!!

Elinor
10-13-2005, 04:43 PM
There is a CD of the music of the film out now I have it on order but its in the shops.

I think I'll buy the DVD when it comes out.

andreaboots
10-13-2005, 10:17 PM
Hey Elinor! If we can get a hold of a copy(DVD), we are definitely going to buy it too! It could be the next "Cult" movie next to "The Rocky Horror Picture Show", ya think?

Kelly_TGirl
10-14-2005, 01:48 AM
Erm Its on dvd now:eek: but not officially. i thought it was funny. Its got a few tvs in it and the main character describes herself as a transvestite that is a drag queen.

Sophie_A
10-14-2005, 03:03 AM
I am keen to go and see this, and think it would be a great film to go and watch dressed, well who can possibly make a comment? If a group of us all decided to go well that would just make it so special, anyone want to try this?

Fiona K
10-14-2005, 07:49 AM
The movie should hit the US sometime, it's distributed by Miramax
Fiona
xx

Dragster
10-17-2005, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the corrections Deborah. It seems a long time ago now since I saw the documentary, and perhaps I was having a "Senior Moment". But then, I did remember seeing it!

!Tony

sophieuk
10-21-2005, 05:51 PM
For those who have seen the film, do you remember the opening parts, where the boy is on the pier and starts dancing around, same place near the end??? well, that was all filmed in clacton on sea, in essex, where i live. Cant remeber the actors name,hang on ???chiwetel Ejiofor, thats it, play's LOLA. they spent a while down here in january of this year, filming in a old peoples home near beach ( really was a cafe, bit cant remember this being shown in film.) and also on the pier at the end. Well, i got to meet chiwetel Ejiofor, who plays lola. A great person and seems to be in loads of films coming out soon. Serantiy ( Si-fi one) out now in uk. Nice to see a big film company in my town. Last people i remember where " the Pet Shop boys" filming their music film " It couldn't happen here".
Love sophie. If any one wants to put on some sexy danicing boots and have a dance with me at the end, like in film, let me know, he he X

andreaboots
10-21-2005, 09:56 PM
:D Hey Sophie! Since you're into magic cast a spell and get me to UK so we can have that special dance in our "kinky boots!". Ha ha ha! I'm serious! Love boots and if you check out some of my posts you'll agree! Can't wait to see the flick!! Are ya ready???? Love ya! XXXX

sophieuk
10-25-2005, 05:19 PM
Click your high heels together three times and say " there is no place like clacton on sea, there is no place like clacton on sea, there is no place like clacton on sea". And guess what, your still at home. You must belive in the magic. Can't wait for this week end. I will be on that broom stick, casting good spells every where. love sophie uk X

sophieuk
10-25-2005, 05:23 PM
Hi andra,

Saw your photo of you in the black boots. NOW THAT IS ONE HELL OF A PAIR OF KINKY BOOTS, love um X

andreaboots
10-26-2005, 10:18 PM
OOOHHHH Yesssss! Lovely aren't they but unfortunantly, that ain't me but close. I got the outfit and the reason it's there is I can look like that!!! Just plain YUM! But thanks for the compliment, it wasn't wasted girlfriend!!! You otta get a pair, you'll never feel the same about thigh high boots again!!! Hugs, XXX:D